Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Death in Holy Orders (Inspector Adam Dalgliesh Book 11)
Death in Holy Orders (Inspector Adam Dalgliesh Book 11)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love her writing style, 24 July 2015
I don't think I've ever managed to work out 'who did it' in a P.D. James mystery. Lots of possibilities, twists and turns. Love her writing style. There are time, however, that I do get confused with too many characters...

The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Book 2 (Kingkiller Chonicles)
The Wise Man's Fear: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Book 2 (Kingkiller Chonicles)

4.0 out of 5 stars I think Patrick Rothfuss is an excellent writer and I definitely got caught up the Kvothe's ..., 24 Jan. 2015
I think Patrick Rothfuss is an excellent writer and I definitely got caught up the Kvothe's story and can't wait to read the next installment. There were times when I thought an episode was a bit too long - as in the case of his time with Felurian - but that was my only complaint.

The Lost Empress (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book 4)
The Lost Empress (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read that quickly draws you into the complex.web of mystery, 31 Oct. 2014
I love this genre combining genealogy and mystery, and Steve Robinson seems to be an expert in the field. It's easy to get caught up in the story and hard to put the book down.

In the Land of the Long White Cloud (In the Land of the Long White Cloud saga Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Captivating characters, 23 May 2014
The characters quickly drew me into their fascinating stories, and it was great to read a story set in an area I've visited a few times. My only complaint is that certain episodes seemed to have been dealt with a little too quickly. Otherwise an enjoyable read and an excellent translation. I thought it had been written in English.

Agatha Christie's Miss Marple: The Complete Novels in One Sitting
Agatha Christie's Miss Marple: The Complete Novels in One Sitting

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading, 14 April 2014
As I already wrote to the publishers, the cover seems to clearly suggest that the book contains the complete Miss Marple Novels.
This is not the case, the book only includes summarised versions of each novel. I am at a loss why anyone would be interested in reading it, unless they had to take an exam on the subject and didn't have time to read them all fully.
The cover should CLEARLY reflect what is contained in the book.
The publishers thanked me for drawing attention to the discrepancy between the cover and the content, but I see that no change has been made as yet.
I would prefer to give no rating, but it appears that's not possible.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2014 2:51 PM BST

A Stolen Crown (Book of One series 2)
A Stolen Crown (Book of One series 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars A Stolen Crown, 27 Dec. 2013
The stories and characters are engaging, but it is a pity that the work does not seem to have been subject to even basic editing, nor does it appear to have been proofread. There are many typos. Those who are prepared to overlook this may enjoy the series. I would suggest the author have the books edited and proofread.