Profile for Andrew Skinner > Reviews

Content by Andrew Skinner

Andrew Skinner (Leeds, UK)

WMA TV Clip for PS3 Move Eye Camera Mount Holder Stand
WMA TV Clip for PS3 Move Eye Camera Mount Holder Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang on., 16 Mar 2013
This product was much cheaper than the licenced ones but dies the job really well for a fraction of the price.

Logic3 Move Charge Stand (PS3)
Logic3 Move Charge Stand (PS3)
Offered by Cheerful Bargains Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Controllers don't really fit, 16 Mar 2013
Product was really well priced and charges the Move Motion controllers when you get them in the cradle, but thats difficult to schieve. They don't sit in it easily and they're not stable when you do get them to click in. They keep popping out. Removing the wrist straps makes it a better fit but that's a poor solution. Wish I'd paid a little more for the official product.

Tenn Mens Off Road 3/4 Length Shorts + 4 Panel - Black - Small
Tenn Mens Off Road 3/4 Length Shorts + 4 Panel - Black - Small
Offered by Tenn Outdoors

2.0 out of 5 stars Not 3/4 length, 28 Sep 2012
These are certainly not 3/4 length MTB shorts. I ordered a Small (30-32) and the fit on the waist is good. But they only come to just above my knees (I'm an average 5' 11"). Material feels a little bit like heavy duty cotton so I'm not sure how they'd stand up to rain or damp conditions. I won't be finding out either as they'll be going back...

Tenn Breeze MTB Cycling Off Road 3/4 Length Ventilated Baggy Shorts
Tenn Breeze MTB Cycling Off Road 3/4 Length Ventilated Baggy Shorts
Price: £22.00 - £57.68

2.0 out of 5 stars Huge waist, 28 Sep 2012
Item looks great and feels great, but the waist is massively outsized. I ordered a Small (30-32) and I have a 31 waist. Yet the shorts hang off me by a good 3-4 inches. And if I use the velcro tabs at the side, I have bunches of material spare. Completely wrong fit, which is very disappointing as the colour scheme matches by bike brilliantly.

Brilliant Business Writing: How to Inspire, Engage and Persuade Through Words: How Brilliant Business Writers Make Their Words Work
by Mr Neil Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant., 16 Mar 2010
I used to write like a policeman describing a crime to a judge. It was all very factual, very professional, and very dull. But then - because I'm lucky enough to work for a company that uses Neil's company to improve how they communicate - I went on a course called Tone of Voice. I loved it; it really opened my eyes to how you could write in business. And, because my team has to write to a lot of very busy people about really complex things in a way that gets the important stuff across, that's important to me. So I ordered this book and read it in a couple of days, sticking in little post-it notes and highlighting bits as I went. It's great. There's something you can use on almost every page. And the best thing about it? It feels like you're having a chat down the pub with a mate who knows what he's talking about ... not like someone's preaching at you. I've banged on to my team about it for a couple of weeks and they're getting the hang of it now. They've twigged that plain, simple language isn't a bad thing, and that writing the words you'd use if you spoke it is completely allowed. So, hats off to Neil I say. If you want to simplify what you say without dumbing it down, or just need people to actually read what you write, this is the book for you.