Profile for Ms. J. Musgrave > Reviews

Content by Ms. J. Musgrave

Ms. J. Musgrave (Herts, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
2076 Zvezda Disney Planes 2 - Lil Dipper - 1/100
2076 Zvezda Disney Planes 2 - Lil Dipper - 1/100
Offered by Models & Computers Plus

1.0 out of 5 stars It's like an airfix model, 15 Nov. 2014
Not what I thought at all. It's like an airfix model. Very unhappy son.

Book of Love
Book of Love
by Sarah Bower

5.0 out of 5 stars Super read., 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Book of Love (Paperback)
I cannot comment on historical accuracy but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is very easy to read and sits on a par with Philippa Gregory and Christie Dickason.

The Borgia Bride
The Borgia Bride
by Jeanne Kalogridis

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Borgia Bride (Paperback)
This is the only book to have given me nightmares. Cesare is a truly terrifying character in this book. This book is not for the faint hearted, however. It definately needs an over 18 raiting! When you have read this, try 'The Book of Love'. It is another great read about the Borgia family.

The Last Queen
The Last Queen
by C. W. Gortner

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate or not, I loved it!, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Last Queen (Hardcover)
My knowledge of Juanna was limited really to her being the sister of Catherine - and some would say - mad, so I cannot comment on the historical accuracy. I can say, however, that it is well written and throughly enjoyable. He turns her from a bizarre historical figure, known for carrying her husband's body around with her, to a tragic and ill-treated heroine. I was dubious at first as it is a book primarily about a woman, written by a man. I thought that it would lack something in empathy but it did not. An excellent read!

Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Crib-to-Floor Piano
Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Crib-to-Floor Piano

3.0 out of 5 stars A lovely idea but some small problems for us., 15 Mar. 2011
This is a lovely idea but unfortunately, our son is deaf in one ear and I am concerned that he will not be able to hear the toy as the music is very quiet. I was also hoping the lights would flash more in response to him hitting the keys. They do not however.

Bumbo Floor Seat (Aqua)
Bumbo Floor Seat (Aqua)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, 15 Mar. 2011
I've seen lots of my friends use one and almost every person has put their baby in it and they have instantly tried to tip themselves back out of it. While I appreciate that it is not designed for a child to be left alone in, even a moment's lapse in attention could result in a serious injury. I will not buy one for my son.

Drops Of Jupiter
Drops Of Jupiter
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING album, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Drops Of Jupiter (Audio CD)
One of my absolute favourite albums. My husband and I had 'Drops of Jupiter' for our first dance at our wedding. It still sends shivers down my spine!

Fisher-Price Precious Planet Playtime Bouncer
Fisher-Price Precious Planet Playtime Bouncer

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product but music lets it down, 15 Mar. 2011
My son did not like this product at birth but at 14 weeks he will now happily sit in it and enjoys the vibrations. However, the music only lasts for about 1 minute and you have to pull the middle toy to activate it again. This is not very useful if you have put your baby in the chair so you can do the washing up or ironing as you have to keep pulling it to get the music back. The toys could also be improved - a mirror or a rattle would be nice to capture the baby's attention rather than plain, hollow plastic.

Life Stories
Life Stories
by David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Life Stories (Hardcover)
Sir David Attenborough has a wonderful style of writing so this was very easy to read (helped, i'm sure, because it was written for radio). I enjoyed the mixture of facts, annecdotes about his own experiences and the wonderful illustrations. I even loved that there were no glossy pages so it felt like a good book to read too - very tactile! I've already pre-ordered the sequel and hope it is released soon.

Baby Widgey Pillow Tummy Play - Red Fossil
Baby Widgey Pillow Tummy Play - Red Fossil

3.0 out of 5 stars There are no fossils., 13 Mar. 2011
This product does not have fossils on it! I bought this for tummy time for my son but it is too high and he slips down it. It's too high and hard to use as a feeding pillow too.

Page: 1 | 2