Profile for Molsternator1 > Reviews

Content by Molsternator1

Molsternator1

MDA Designs Curve 1000 Remote Friendly Beam Thru Glass High Gloss Piano Black LCD/Plasma/LED TV Cabinet

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice - but looks aren't everything!, 22 July 2015
I was really looking forward to getting this as it looks awesome on the pictures. However, when I starred to assemble it (I am a tradesman so no stranger to tools etc) I soon realise that that the fittings included are cheap rubbish. The cam lock fittings have a cheap plastic shoulder (metal ones are much better) that make it difficult to gauge how far to screw them in - too far and the cam won't lock. The threaded stud came out of the thumb-screw for the shelf support when I tightened it hand-tight (I pressed it back in with pliers). The black plastic feet kept falling out of the metallic tube legs - they should have been a tight fit. There are three hinges on the cabinate door. It wouldn't stay shut - kept popping open. I discovered that one of the hinges had not been fitted (by the manufacturer) straight and was slightly bent. The only way around this was to remove the hinge and just use two. It looks ok now but only after I messed about modifying it. My advice - dont buy unless you are handy and confident enought that you can overcome such problems.

Cheetah Mounts APTMM2B Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket for 32-65" TVs (Many from 20-75") including LED, LCD and Plasma Flat Screens up to VESA 600 x 400 and 165lbs with Flush 1.5" (3.8 cm) Profile. Includes a Twisted Veins 10' Braided HDMI Cable and 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by SPN Imports and Services LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% recommended, 8 Jun. 2015
This TV wall bracket is the best value thing on Amazon! It's solid (doesn't feel cheap at all), easy to install and it does the job. It comes with all the hardware you need to install plus you get loads of little extra freebies with it: a high spec 3m hdmi cable, magnetic spirit level (which was actually not level but oh well), cable ties, a screen cloth, and even an led keyring torch! If you need a wall mount bracket for your TV, look no further (just use hour own spirit level).

Ankermann-PC SSD Office Dsk, AMD FX-4300 4x 3.8 GHz Turbo: 4.00GHz, ASUS GeForce GT 610 2048 MB, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit, EAN 4260219657020
Offered by Ankermann Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars SSD - It's the future!, 12 May 2014
I am very pleased with this computer. It came with Windows 7 installed on the SSD and there where two bays inside to mount extra 3.5" HDDs. I fitted a 1TB HDD and started it up. It recognised the extra HDD and I proceeded to format it with no problems. I now have it set up with my SSD running just the OS and the HDD running everything else. It is very snappy and I couldn't be happier with it. I might look at upgrading the RAM next. Not because it needs it - just because I can! :)

Also, it is worth mentioning that I have had it for a few weeks now and have it plugged into my main TV in the lounge. I use it to stream HD video to my TV. With my old PC, this was impossible because the noise from the fan meant that you had to turn the volume right up so that you could hear the movie. With this Ankermann PC, you can hardly hear any noise from the tower and it streams video effortlessly. Definitely recommended!

Cable Mountain TOSlink 3.5mm Digital Optical 3 Way Selector Unit
Cable Mountain TOSlink 3.5mm Digital Optical 3 Way Selector Unit
Offered by Cable Mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says On the Tin!, 7 July 2011
I have been looking for an optical switch so that I could connect my PS3, Xbox 360 and my TV to my surround sound system, which only has 1 optical input. I have read lots of peoples reviews for items that are very similar to this one (some look identical but are going under a different manufacturer and product name!) and there seemed to be a big difference in the quality of the product that people have recieved. Some say theirs was great, but lots of others have said that theirs was rubbish (internal optical connections out of alignment, sound dropping out, that type of thing). So I was quite dubious about ordering as it seems to be luck of the draw wether you got a good one or a bad un'.

I noticed this particular one had all good reviews although there where only a few (7 at time of ordering!) but it had only been available on Amazon more recently than the others, so I gave it a shot.

The one that I recieved is just as you should expect: it works. You have to remember to squeeze the selector before you turn it, and it locks firmly into position with a satisfying 'clunk'. The connections are solid and I've had no problems with sound. It is quite cumbersome with 4 optical cables connected, but that is unavoidable with this type of cable and is completely acceptable. I recommend you buy this product.

IBRA® 1.5m High Speed PRO GOLD RED v2.0/1.4a HDMI Cable 3D 2160p PS4 SKY HD 4K Ultra HD(Version 2.0, 18Gbps, ARC)
Offered by Hd Zone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Customer Service!, 29 Jun. 2011
I recently upgraded to a 3D TV and bought this cable to facilitate paying 3D content from my PS3. It arrived two days later which is fantastic , but after a few days I noticed an intermittent problem where the TV would loose the signal at random and the screen would go to 'static' whilst playing games, movies or whatever. Sometimes it would come straight back on by itself, other times it would stay off until I wiggled the cable. I swapped the cable with my old HDMI 1.3 (to play 2D content!) for a few days and had no problem.

Now that I had established the faulty cable, I sent the seller a message and they where very proffessional. They immediately arranged a replacement at no extra postage cost to myself and it arrived very quickly. This is a quality HDMI cable and a reputable, dependable seller. Buy from here with confidence!