Profile for Shahab Ejlali > Reviews

Content by Shahab Ejlali

Shahab Ejlali (Leicester, UK)

Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black

4.0 out of 5 stars coffee made easy, 3 Dec 2009
Having read the reviews for Nespresso machines on amazon I decided to listen to the many recommendations that had been made for the various machines. I opted for this model as I thought it would be a simpler task sorting out the milk.

I've had it for 3 days now and just made the cappuccino I was hoping to taste. The build quality of the machine appears good and the 3 year warranty would seem to indicate that they have some faith in the machine. Making a coffee couldn't be simpler and the milk heater/frother works effectively once you get the hang of it and make sure that the milk you put in is cold and straight from the fridge.

The simplicity of the machine means that I have time to make a coffee before darting out to work at 7am something I wouldn't be doing if grinding, tamping etc... was involved. I like strong coffee and I must say I've been impressed with the quality and taste of the coffee, certainly no different than most coffee shops and you have the opportunity to make sure you get the mix right for your own tastes (for me that means very little milk and more froth) something that often is quite variable at coffee shops.

Ordering from the Nespresso website was easy and standard delivery came the next day. I am a little bit concerned about the level of waste but apparrently you can recycle the pods, something I will check.

I haven't owned other espresso machines and in the past have used a french press, however I have been impressed with the quality of the coffee made with this machine.

One of the only negatives I have so far is the design of the milk frother which means you have to be careful when cleaning/washing it as the element is part of it meaning you can't dip it in water and need to use a wet cloth. However, this hasn't been too much of a pain and certainly something I can live with given how well the machine works otherwise. Certainly something I would recommend.