Profile for Rob Stevens > Reviews

Content by Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
RED ROUTE 014 RED014 TOWN KEVLAR DENIM MOTORCYCLE MOTORBIKE JEAN BLUE CHOICE OF LEG LENGTH J&S (34 WAIST, REGULAR LEG 32")
Offered by J&S Accessories Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking, comfy riding jeans, 12 Mar. 2014
Very pleased with these. The fit is spot on and the cut is, in my opinion, excellent. A lot of Kevlar jeans at this end of the price scale look bloody awful, but I really like the look of these, particularly with riding boots under them. The included knee pads are badged as TSG and are CE stamped. They feel like they'll be a bit more snug with hip armour inserted, but I'll be getting some anyway (I'll update this when I do if I remember). Very comfy and I'm looking forward to going for a ride in them. Thankfully I can't comment on how well they cope under pressure...
Delivery was good - Ordered yesterday, received today.
I reckon I'd have to spend serious amounts more to get a better product. Very pleased.

EDIT: I purchased some Prosafe CE hip armour to upgrade these jeans and it fits into the included pockets nicely. The Velcro fastening for pocket doesn't close as it is sown about an inch down on the inside of the pouch and the pads are just covering it. I can move this if it turns out to be an issue, but I doubt it will be as there is very little room for upward movement with the top of the pocket being attached to the waist band of the jeans and opening from behind. Hard to explain, but the gist is that it's not a problem.

The jeans are slightly more snug fitting with it, but still perfectly comfortable. Definitely worth it for the added protection.

Gumball 3000: The Movie [DVD]
Gumball 3000: The Movie [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steven Green
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 6 Jan. 2014
Good fun, great cars. Makes me itch to do something similar and take a road trip across the U.S.

A bit silly in a lot of places, but worth a watch. Shame there wasn't more footage of Team Polizei as I've not long finished the Alex Roy book (part of which describes his participation in this rally), so some video reference to that would have been nice, but that's a minor personal whinge!

Old Bear
Old Bear
by Jane Hissey

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as I remembered, 6 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Old Bear (Hardcover)
I had this book when I was young, but I couldn't find my copy. Bought this to read to my kids and it's just as I remembered. Excellent illustrations.

The Driver: True Life Adventures of an Underground Road Racer
The Driver: True Life Adventures of an Underground Road Racer
by Alexander Roy

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't want to finish it, 6 Jan. 2014
An excellent book for any keen driver. Very well written with the author really making you feel the tension and the excitement. This was one of those books that I really didn't want to finish and will definitely be re-reading.

Velo Inclined Men's Plush Men's Saddle - Black (Old Version)
Velo Inclined Men's Plush Men's Saddle - Black (Old Version)
Offered by bikes4life limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bike accessory I've ever bought, 8 Sept. 2013
My bike came with a painfully hard and thin XC saddle which got very unpleasant very quickly. After many years of whining I've stopped procrastinating and bought this. Just come home from my first ride using it and this seat is fantastic. Nicely sprung and padded and the indented bit in the middle is just the job for preventing swollen gentleman bits. The thought of getting back on after lunch no longer brings me to the brink of tears and I finish the ride without feeling like I've spent the last few months as Bubba's little friend. Buy it!

The Darjeeling Limited [DVD] [2007]
The Darjeeling Limited [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Owen Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 31 Aug. 2013
Thought I'd take a chance on a recommendation because this was so cheap and I'm really glad I did! A brilliant film that's started me on a bit of a Wes Anderson kick. Random appearance by Natalie Portman in the short film prequal, Hotel Chevalier. All good.

Moonrise Kingdom [DVD] [2012]
Moonrise Kingdom [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange but brilliant, 31 Aug. 2013
I've only recently discovered Wes Anderson having recently bought the equally excellent Darjeeling Limited.
This film has a quirky and enjoyable story, and a fantastic cast with Ed Norton on top form, and a very unusual part well played by Bruce Willis. Buy it!

Francesco's Mediterranean Voyage [DVD]
Francesco's Mediterranean Voyage [DVD]
Dvd ~ Francesco Da Mosto

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good series, 31 Aug. 2013
I really enjoy Francesco's other series' and this is another good one. Recommended if like me you can't get enough of this part of the world!

Battery--World Wireless FM Radio Transmitter For MP3 IPod + Car Charger
Battery--World Wireless FM Radio Transmitter For MP3 IPod + Car Charger
Offered by Well-Goal

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good for the price, 31 Aug. 2013
Bought for the wife's car. Works just as well as my much more expensive belkin transmitter, but with added bonuses of not having to charge the phone if you don't need to which is better for the battery, and giving you a remote to change tracks without fiddling with the phone. Great product.

Premium In Car Holder Windscreen Suction Mount for Apple iPhone 4 4S, iPhone 5 5S 5C - Mobile Accessories By Sunwire®
Offered by FlashMart

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 31 Aug. 2013
Bought two these - one for each car. Works fine, holds my iPhone in a good place for satnav and music control and doesn't boing around like some gooseneck holders brant go wrong for the price!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3