Profile for Reece > Reviews

Content by Reece

Reece (MK)

Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset (for PC and PS4)
Logitech G930 Wireless Gaming Headset (for PC and PS4)
Offered by Neon Tech

2.0 out of 5 stars Great quality sound, questionable build quality/software issues., 27 Feb 2014
I bought the G930 back in September after quite a bit of research into wireless headsets for gaming. It seemed to fit my needs perfectly being wireless, reputable manufacturer, USB and apparent great sound quality.

The first thing that astounded me was the range on the device, I can be downstairs and still chat on Skype/listen to music. There is interference as you would expect with things like cordless phones and microwaves, but that's neither here nor there.

The sound quality is really good, along with the microphone and it's comfortable as hell for long gaming sessions.

I did however (and continue to have) issues with the connection dropping out between the headset and the transmitter. Normally it's only for 5 or so seconds every hour or 2, but it does get very annoying. I've tried reinstalling and removing any kind of interference, but it continues.

Another area I have been disappointed with was the build quality, at first look it seems well built, but after 5 months of (careful) use the twist connection between the earbud and the headband has broken away, along with cracking on the plastic that holds the earbud, leaving it hard to continue using.

I'm going to speak to Logitech to see if there's anything they can do, hopefully they won't put it down to wear and tear.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2014 7:19 PM BST

Microsoft Media Remote (Xbox 360)
Microsoft Media Remote (Xbox 360)
Offered by DEP.PRODUCTS

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little product, 9 Jan 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I originally had the mini media remote that came with the launch 360's, but it was outdated and didn't match the new appearance of the later models of the console. I opted for this new media remote and it's clearly a marked improvement.

The controls are good, it has quite a bit of functionality, albeit lacking the disk eject button of the original remotes (for the lazy!). I found it slightly difficult to get used to the layout of the buttons at first, not quite as you would expect, but it's a doddle once you do. I found it excellent for watching Netflix, Sky and streaming from USB/PC. The television controls work perfectly and are simple to set up (instructions included).

All in all, a great product, with the same Microsoft build quality we have seen of late. Especially worth £10.