Profile for MattDaddyCool > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
DREAMIES® Super Mix 6 Packs of Tantalising Treats
DREAMIES® Super Mix 6 Packs of Tantalising Treats

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not taste like the advertised flavours, 24 July 2015
Do not taste like the advertised flavours. The chicken ones gave me heart burn. Not recommended.

Yuzet 1.5 x 10m 50g Yuzet Weed Control Ground Cover Membrane Landscape Fabric
Yuzet 1.5 x 10m 50g Yuzet Weed Control Ground Cover Membrane Landscape Fabric
Offered by trade-mart

5.0 out of 5 stars Bad carpet, 24 July 2015
Not great quality carpet. Not fluffy under the feet or comfortable to walk on in slippers.

Wet Wet Wet: Greatest Hits - Live In Glasgow [Blu-ray]
Wet Wet Wet: Greatest Hits - Live In Glasgow [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Wet Wet Wet

5.0 out of 5 stars Glasgow-based Moistness, 24 July 2015
If you only purchase one Glasgow-based Blu-Ray of Wet Wet Wet today, make sure it's this one.

Disney's Frozen PVC Figural Key Ring: "Olaf"
Disney's Frozen PVC Figural Key Ring: "Olaf"
Offered by Toy Zany

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen? It wasn't even cold..., 24 July 2015
This keyring was advertised as Frozen but when it arrived I found that it was luke warm. The envelope wasn’t even damp. Very impressed, though the Seller should check the description to ensure accuracy.

Sauna Sweat Suit - Helps You Lose Weight - S/M (Unisex)
Sauna Sweat Suit - Helps You Lose Weight - S/M (Unisex)
Offered by Electro World

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Martian Fancy Dress Costume, 24 July 2015
I bought this Martian costume for last night’s fancy dress party. Considering it’s currently Summer I thought it best to wear something airy that wouldn’t require clothes underneath and this seemed like a great solution.

Unfortunately I must have worn it on a really hot day, because within minutes of getting dressed up I started to sweat. After just 10-mins of sitting around waiting for my girlfriend to get ready, my grey face make-up started to run till I looked like a handsome version of Toht from the finale of Raiders of the Lost Ark. I also started to get very uncomfortable and my back and crack began to get quite moist. We arrived at the party via a very wet car seat and I noted that our Host must have had some kind of plumbing issues because I kept noticing droplets of water on his floor; I must recommend he gets his pipes looked at.

I can only hope that from my experiences, other people can avoid wearing this Martian costume in the Summer. We rarely get hot days here in the UK, so what were the chances that the one day we go to a fancy dress we have a heatwave warmer than any day I can ever remember? Also on the plus side, I discovered this morning that I’m bizarrely 4 stone lighter (probably thanks to the low calorie lager I was swigging at the party). I also woke up a bit parched; must be coming down with something. Anyway, great costume.

Am-smallstore® Apple Watch Strap Adaptor, 42mm Metal Strap Adapters Clasp Metal Axle Connectors for Apple Watch 42mm (Black)
Offered by am-smallstore®

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of the price, 24 July 2015
Very pleased with this item. I had recently purchased a replacement 42mm Watch strap from another Seller and wasn’t aware that it would be supplied without the adapters to attach it securely to the watch. These adapters worked well and feel secure.

One note, the enclosed screwdriver used for undoing the adapters was actually faulty and didn’t have any teeth! It was just a piece of metal in a black handle. Not to worry though as like most people, I keep small screwdrivers from other jobs so could still fit easily.

Rite Season Fsc Eucalyptus 2-Seater Samantha Garden Bench
Rite Season Fsc Eucalyptus 2-Seater Samantha Garden Bench

5.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-purpose bench, 24 July 2015
I don’t do reviews very often due to the volume of items I purchase on here, but felt that this bench needed a good review given its current 3 star rating from the previous reviewer. I needed a bench to serve 2 functions; 1) to provide adequate seating in the warm summer days (obviously), and 2) to serve as a platform for my cat Disco Deirdre to get in through the window without hurting her little paws on the gravel beneath (I don’t have a cat flap so thought this a considerate way of helping us both respectively).

As you’ll see from the pic, the bench looks great. It was easy enough to install on my own and is sturdy and well made. Deirdre seems equally pleased and fires through the open window with ease, so it’s obviously helping her too. I’m looking forward to using it over the next few months but the addition of a winter cover is recommended in the enclosed instructions so don’t forget to add one of those to your basket too.

From Deirdre and Matt, this one gets a thumbs up!
Comment Comment | Permalink

BRAND NEW iPHONE 4/4s/5/5s/5c transparent case/covers Disney Ariel Frozen Elsa Anna Snow White Rapunzel (iPhone 5/5s, Olaf)
Offered by WeHearWeObey

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang on son, 25 Jun. 2015
Bought this as a gift for my girlfriend as she’s a bit Olaf daft. Wasn’t expecting much given the cheap price but the quality is actually really good. Print is great and it looks good to see the phone through with the character holding the Apple on the rear. Arrived quickly too, 10 points all round.

Apple Watch Sports Space Grey Aluminium Case UK Model (42mm, Black)
Apple Watch Sports Space Grey Aluminium Case UK Model (42mm, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Apple Watch Sport, in brief., 5 Jun. 2015
I've given this item 5 stars, not because I believe it's value for money because it isn't. But you have to hand it to Apple, it's a beautifully crafted piece of hardware and makes for a welcome extension to the use of an iPhone.

I've only had the watch for a couple of days now and can certainly see it's benefits. Apple boast a lot of features (some of which aren't even available in the UK yet like the contactless payment option), but I'd like to do what no other reviewer seems to have done and offer the negatives because at the end of the day, these things aren't cheap and you'll want to know what frustrations to expect before you invest.

" The watch doesn't always activate automatically when you lift your wrist, so you find yourself flicking you hand back and forth to try and get the display to appear. You can always tap a button to illuminate the screen of course, but if you want to do that each time you check the time buy a 1980's Casio LCD.
" The charging pad isn't as firmly attached when in charge as the advertisements will lead you to expect. It does the job, but doesn't 'click on' like I thought it would.
" When talking with someone on speakerphone, the sound is frustratingly quiet and tinny even at full volume. My girlfriend said she could hear me just fine via the built-in mic, but I've found that whenever I make a call I have to transfer them back to the phone because I just can't hear what they're saying. Those videos of people using the watch as a hands-free speaker whilst driving? Forget it, no chance.
" Sometimes the apps have to load and this can take aaaaages. Some apps, like BBC News, don't even show you the whole news article on the Watch, just a headline (and occasionally a picture) and then gives you the option to continue reading on your phone. Even loading that relatively small amount of information can take up to 15-20 secs which for this day and age is unheard of. It's like trying to play a competitive online game using dial-up internet, yep frustrating.

I'll state right now that I am an ambassador for Apple's products and I love everything that they make. I own all of the usual Apple gadgets, from iPhone, iPad, iMac, etc and can see where this device fits in their portfolio. In my honest, heartfelt opinion it just isn't worth the money I paid for it. I wasn't smart enough to pre-order one so ended up paying over the RRP like many of you will until August when Amazon start to stock them directly. I paid £525 for a watch with an RRP of £349 and I think even the RRP is excessive for what it is.

In summary, get an Apple Watch but don't get one yet. I've been anticipating this device and believed the hype but in essence; it's just a lazy way of checking your phone. It doesn't (yet) add any other functionality that you can't already do on the iPhone which is something you obviously already need to have to use it anyway. A Watch Sport will suffice so for those considering a Watch or Watch Edition get your head seen to; you'd be wasting even more money. Hope that gives you an inkling into what you're missing, or not missing, depending on how you read it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 18, 2015 12:54 PM BST

Pasonomi® Apple Watch Stand holder Charger, Charging Docking Station Holder for Apple Watch [38mm and 42mm] (White)
Offered by Pasonomi Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Apple Watch Accessory, 1 Jun. 2015
A really good little product. Well designed and heavy, which reassures as to it's quality. Surprisingly smaller than I first expected, but will do the job nicely once my Apple Watch finally turns up.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6