Profile for MattDaddyCool > Reviews

Content by MattDaddyCool

MattDaddyCool

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
BRAND NEW iPHONE 4/4s/5/5s/5c transparent case/covers Disney Ariel Frozen Elsa Anna Snow White Rapunzel (iPhone 5/5s, Olaf)
Offered by WeHearWeObey

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang on son, 25 Jun. 2015
Bought this as a gift for my girlfriend as she’s a bit Olaf daft. Wasn’t expecting much given the cheap price but the quality is actually really good. Print is great and it looks good to see the phone through with the character holding the Apple on the rear. Arrived quickly too, 10 points all round.

Apple Watch Sports Space Grey Aluminium Case UK Model (42mm, Black)
Apple Watch Sports Space Grey Aluminium Case UK Model (42mm, Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Apple Watch Sport, in brief., 5 Jun. 2015
I've given this item 5 stars, not because I believe it's value for money because it isn't. But you have to hand it to Apple, it's a beautifully crafted piece of hardware and makes for a welcome extension to the use of an iPhone.

I've only had the watch for a couple of days now and can certainly see it's benefits. Apple boast a lot of features (some of which aren't even available in the UK yet like the contactless payment option), but I'd like to do what no other reviewer seems to have done and offer the negatives because at the end of the day, these things aren't cheap and you'll want to know what frustrations to expect before you invest.

" The watch doesn't always activate automatically when you lift your wrist, so you find yourself flicking you hand back and forth to try and get the display to appear. You can always tap a button to illuminate the screen of course, but if you want to do that each time you check the time buy a 1980's Casio LCD.
" The charging pad isn't as firmly attached when in charge as the advertisements will lead you to expect. It does the job, but doesn't 'click on' like I thought it would.
" When talking with someone on speakerphone, the sound is frustratingly quiet and tinny even at full volume. My girlfriend said she could hear me just fine via the built-in mic, but I've found that whenever I make a call I have to transfer them back to the phone because I just can't hear what they're saying. Those videos of people using the watch as a hands-free speaker whilst driving? Forget it, no chance.
" Sometimes the apps have to load and this can take aaaaages. Some apps, like BBC News, don't even show you the whole news article on the Watch, just a headline (and occasionally a picture) and then gives you the option to continue reading on your phone. Even loading that relatively small amount of information can take up to 15-20 secs which for this day and age is unheard of. It's like trying to play a competitive online game using dial-up internet, yep frustrating.

I'll state right now that I am an ambassador for Apple's products and I love everything that they make. I own all of the usual Apple gadgets, from iPhone, iPad, iMac, etc and can see where this device fits in their portfolio. In my honest, heartfelt opinion it just isn't worth the money I paid for it. I wasn't smart enough to pre-order one so ended up paying over the RRP like many of you will until August when Amazon start to stock them directly. I paid £525 for a watch with an RRP of £349 and I think even the RRP is excessive for what it is.

In summary, get an Apple Watch but don't get one yet. I've been anticipating this device and believed the hype but in essence; it's just a lazy way of checking your phone. It doesn't (yet) add any other functionality that you can't already do on the iPhone which is something you obviously already need to have to use it anyway. A Watch Sport will suffice so for those considering a Watch or Watch Edition get your head seen to; you'd be wasting even more money. Hope that gives you an inkling into what you're missing, or not missing, depending on how you read it.

Pasonomi® Apple Watch Stand holder Charger, Charging Docking Station Holder for Apple Watch [38mm and 42mm] (White)
Offered by Pasonomi Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Apple Watch Accessory, 1 Jun. 2015
A really good little product. Well designed and heavy, which reassures as to it's quality. Surprisingly smaller than I first expected, but will do the job nicely once my Apple Watch finally turns up.

AmazonBasics Lightning Car Charger for iPhone, iPad and iPod (2.1 Amp Output) Apple-certified

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 1 Jun. 2015
After updating my phone to the latest iOs my iPhone suddenly decided that it didn't like my unofficial car charger anymore and refused to let it charge my device. Having read reviews for this Amazon-branded gadget I gave it a whirl and it works well. Relatively slow to charge but will at least prevent the phone from dying if I'm out in the sticks.

PROZOR 2 PCS Wireless Solar Light Garden Outdoor Wall Lights with PIR Motion Sensor - Super Bright Stainless Steel Case LED Light Night Light Pathway Light Security Bright for Fence Garden Yard Pathway Gutter Path Security
Offered by ProsterUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value contemporary solar lights, 13 April 2015
I had previously had another of these lights in my Amazon Wishlist for a while, advertised at £14.98 for a single quantity. I spotted this one which offered 2 for just a fiver more, but as it didn’t have any reviews I was reluctant to take the plunge. Well I did, and they are awesome.

They come with the required fixings (a single screw and plug for the wall) as well as English instructions. They’re of a very good build quality and look fantastic once installed. For the price they’re better value than the singular versions available but yet are exactly the same looks wise. The two horizontal strips across the centre stay alight for most of the night whilst the motion sensor brightly illuminates the large lower light should any trespassing personage wander past your gaff.

Makes the front of my house look nice and makes an example of people who use the side of my house as a public walkway. Very highly recommended product and working very well so far.

Sony PlayStation TV
Sony PlayStation TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Using on WiFi - working well, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Sony PlayStation TV (Accessory)
OK, so I was dubious about buying this item given that all of the reviews above this said it only worked on an Ethernet connection with some fancy cables. I’m no techie and I certainly don’t have any Ethernet ports popping out of walls in my bedroom, so I opted for the standard WiFi with crossed fingers.

I use BT Fibre Optic Broadband. Whilst their customer service may be pants, the quality and speed of the internet in my area is very good, so I was hopeful that using the PS4 TV via WiFi wouldn’t cause me any issues. I was right; it works an absolute treat.

Don’t expect much from the free game downloads that come with it (all retro styled that wouldn’t look out of place on a Master System or Sega Megadrive). The option to download PS1 games from the store is a nice touch, but I agree with other reviewers on here that the relatively cheap price of the item soon shoots up when you realise you need to purchase additional things (£40 for a Vita memory card, £45 for a new controller).

All in all, this is a very clever piece of kit and I’m overwhelmed with how well it performs on WiFi. There is an occasional lag but not enough to cause issues and I’ve made no amendments on my PS4 console settings whatever, so there may even be an option for me to improve the performance even more based on other Buyer suggestions above.

Koala Damage-free Tablet Wall Mount Dock by Dockem; for iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 & New iPad mini as well as many Android Tablets; great for mounting in Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom, Gym, Office, Desk, etc (white version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Overly priced for what you get..., 13 Feb. 2015
Notably a very good design and easy to fit, granted. I still do believe that this is overpriced for what arrives, but appreciate the background design, patenting and manufacturing costs associated with this item. I will be looking to order more in the near future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2015 11:01 PM GMT

Russell Hobbs 14453 Food Collection Compact Food Steamer, 7 L - Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars The preparation in such an endeavour is tedious, as each evening I return from the gym ..., 7 Jan. 2015
As part of a current 5-6 days per week gym routine I’ve also decided to stick to a rigorous bulking diet plan encompassing 5-6 solid meals per day. The preparation in such an endeavour is tedious, as each evening I return from the gym to begin cooking not only my dinner for that night, but also 3 meals to eat throughout the following day.

This contraption is quite simply, brilliant. There’s adequate space to be able to put 2-3 chicken breasts on the bottom shelf and loads of veg above it. The included rice tray is also a nice touch. This means that the most tedious part of my food preparation is now boiling a kettle to fill the reservoir on the steamer. After a 20-25min steam (during which time I can have a shower, fire on some tunes and dance around in my underpants for a bit) by meals are all prepared and cooked perfectly.

What’s better still is that green foods (like beans, broccoli, etc) actually taste better as you are retaining more of the healthy nutrients which are normally thrown away with the water when you boil them in a pan.

I wish I’d discovered this device earlier. It is fantastic for gym-goers like me and I expect, families alike. A truly essential gym addict product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2015 2:02 PM BST

BRAND NEW 5 DRAWER WHITE FRENCH CHIC STYLE DRESSING TABLE & STOOL SET WITH ADJUSTABLE MIRROR

3.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of furniture with unfortunate manufacturing issues, 7 Jan. 2015
I spent 2 months working on a shabby chic decorated dressing room for my girlfriend as a Christmas present, and spent weeks searching for the best looking Dresser on Amazon to offer as a centre piece. Many of the others were cheaply priced, poorly made or were the wrong colour, where as this one seemed well manufactured and stunning to look at. I was sure, that neither my girlfriend or myself would be disappointed.

First of all, the delivery. No qualms at all. The item was received before Christmas, even though it was purchased only a couple of days beforehand so given the enhanced Xmas rush (plus the dissolving of one popular courier firm which increased the workload of all the others) I was pleased and grateful.

Upon arrival however, I was worried as opening the box I discovered several flakes of paint and sawdust in the cardboard. Something was not right. Upon examining the pieces I found two things; firstly, a huge dent in one corner of the dresser table section (which produced the sawdust) and also that most of the parts were only painted on the sections that you can see. The underside and reverse were bare MDF and looked horrid, which just gave the impression of a rushed and cheap job.

Once erected the non-painted bits were hidden and luckily the dented corner was not as noticeable as it fell on a side that is not in direct view when looking from the doorway. There were a few more dents on the legs which whilst tatty, did add to the shabby chic style unintentionally. The spray paint was also very badly used on the central cubby hole (under the mirror) and a showed a dark undercoat which we've had to cover up with an ornament so it's not as prominent.

All in all, this could be a truly beautiful piece of furniture if the manufacturer took their time with it. The curves and design (especially the rose details) are fabulous and if it weren't for a badly rushed paint job (and a dented corner) this would be on for 5 stars. Thanks to the Seller though, they made a pretty lady very happy for Christmas day so thank you for that.

Wolf Dakota 90 Litre, 3HP, 14CFM, 240v, MWP 150psi, 10BAR Twin Cylinder Pump Belt Driven Air Compressor

5.0 out of 5 stars Yellow Submarine, 7 Jan. 2015
Whilst most 'normal' fathers opt for a jumper, a shaver or some smellies for Christmas, my Dad asked for one of these bad boys. As a man of sound judgement (he made me so man's got taste) he chose this one over the other compressor options available and was not disappointed. The Seller kindly delivered the device the day after payment and it is fantastic. Looks like something out of a drugged up Beatles record. I'm led to believe that it works well for compressor tools and is very quiet. All round, a great product and a bargain for the price paid.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5