Profile for MattDaddyCool > Reviews

Content by MattDaddyCool

MattDaddyCool

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Proster 2 PCS Wireless LED Solar PIR Motion Sensor Light Super Bright LED Light Night Light - Super Bright Stainless Steel Case Solar Light Pathway Light Security Bright for Fence Garden Yard Pathway Gutter Path Security
Offered by ProsterUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value contemporary solar lights, 13 April 2015
I had previously had another of these lights in my Amazon Wishlist for a while, advertised at £14.98 for a single quantity. I spotted this one which offered 2 for just a fiver more, but as it didn’t have any reviews I was reluctant to take the plunge. Well I did, and they are awesome.

They come with the required fixings (a single screw and plug for the wall) as well as English instructions. They’re of a very good build quality and look fantastic once installed. For the price they’re better value than the singular versions available but yet are exactly the same looks wise. The two horizontal strips across the centre stay alight for most of the night whilst the motion sensor brightly illuminates the large lower light should any trespassing personage wander past your gaff.

Makes the front of my house look nice and makes an example of people who use the side of my house as a public walkway. Very highly recommended product and working very well so far.

Sony PlayStation TV
Sony PlayStation TV

5.0 out of 5 stars Using on WiFi - working well, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Sony PlayStation TV (Accessory)
OK, so I was dubious about buying this item given that all of the reviews above this said it only worked on an Ethernet connection with some fancy cables. I’m no techie and I certainly don’t have any Ethernet ports popping out of walls in my bedroom, so I opted for the standard WiFi with crossed fingers.

I use BT Fibre Optic Broadband. Whilst their customer service may be pants, the quality and speed of the internet in my area is very good, so I was hopeful that using the PS4 TV via WiFi wouldn’t cause me any issues. I was right; it works an absolute treat.

Don’t expect much from the free game downloads that come with it (all retro styled that wouldn’t look out of place on a Master System or Sega Megadrive). The option to download PS1 games from the store is a nice touch, but I agree with other reviewers on here that the relatively cheap price of the item soon shoots up when you realise you need to purchase additional things (£40 for a Vita memory card, £45 for a new controller).

All in all, this is a very clever piece of kit and I’m overwhelmed with how well it performs on WiFi. There is an occasional lag but not enough to cause issues and I’ve made no amendments on my PS4 console settings whatever, so there may even be an option for me to improve the performance even more based on other Buyer suggestions above.

Koala Damage-free Tablet Wall Mount Dock by Dockem; for iPad 1, 2, 3, 4 & New iPad mini as well as many Android Tablets; great for mounting in Kitchen, Bedroom, Bathroom, Gym, Office, Desk, etc (white version)
Offered by Dockem EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Overly priced for what you get..., 13 Feb. 2015
Notably a very good design and easy to fit, granted. I still do believe that this is overpriced for what arrives, but appreciate the background design, patenting and manufacturing costs associated with this item. I will be looking to order more in the near future.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2015 11:01 PM GMT

Russell Hobbs 14453 Food Collection Compact Food Steamer, 7 L - Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars The preparation in such an endeavour is tedious, as each evening I return from the gym ..., 7 Jan. 2015
As part of a current 5-6 days per week gym routine I’ve also decided to stick to a rigorous bulking diet plan encompassing 5-6 solid meals per day. The preparation in such an endeavour is tedious, as each evening I return from the gym to begin cooking not only my dinner for that night, but also 3 meals to eat throughout the following day.

This contraption is quite simply, brilliant. There’s adequate space to be able to put 2-3 chicken breasts on the bottom shelf and loads of veg above it. The included rice tray is also a nice touch. This means that the most tedious part of my food preparation is now boiling a kettle to fill the reservoir on the steamer. After a 20-25min steam (during which time I can have a shower, fire on some tunes and dance around in my underpants for a bit) by meals are all prepared and cooked perfectly.

What’s better still is that green foods (like beans, broccoli, etc) actually taste better as you are retaining more of the healthy nutrients which are normally thrown away with the water when you boil them in a pan.

I wish I’d discovered this device earlier. It is fantastic for gym-goers like me and I expect, families alike. A truly essential gym addict product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 30, 2015 2:02 PM BST

BRAND NEW 5 DRAWER WHITE FRENCH CHIC STYLE DRESSING TABLE & STOOL SET WITH ADJUSTABLE MIRROR

3.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of furniture with unfortunate manufacturing issues, 7 Jan. 2015
I spent 2 months working on a shabby chic decorated dressing room for my girlfriend as a Christmas present, and spent weeks searching for the best looking Dresser on Amazon to offer as a centre piece. Many of the others were cheaply priced, poorly made or were the wrong colour, where as this one seemed well manufactured and stunning to look at. I was sure, that neither my girlfriend or myself would be disappointed.

First of all, the delivery. No qualms at all. The item was received before Christmas, even though it was purchased only a couple of days beforehand so given the enhanced Xmas rush (plus the dissolving of one popular courier firm which increased the workload of all the others) I was pleased and grateful.

Upon arrival however, I was worried as opening the box I discovered several flakes of paint and sawdust in the cardboard. Something was not right. Upon examining the pieces I found two things; firstly, a huge dent in one corner of the dresser table section (which produced the sawdust) and also that most of the parts were only painted on the sections that you can see. The underside and reverse were bare MDF and looked horrid, which just gave the impression of a rushed and cheap job.

Once erected the non-painted bits were hidden and luckily the dented corner was not as noticeable as it fell on a side that is not in direct view when looking from the doorway. There were a few more dents on the legs which whilst tatty, did add to the shabby chic style unintentionally. The spray paint was also very badly used on the central cubby hole (under the mirror) and a showed a dark undercoat which we've had to cover up with an ornament so it's not as prominent.

All in all, this could be a truly beautiful piece of furniture if the manufacturer took their time with it. The curves and design (especially the rose details) are fabulous and if it weren't for a badly rushed paint job (and a dented corner) this would be on for 5 stars. Thanks to the Seller though, they made a pretty lady very happy for Christmas day so thank you for that.

Wolf Dakota 90 Litre, 3HP, 14CFM, 240v, MWP 150psi, 10BAR Twin Cylinder Pump Belt Driven Air Compressor

5.0 out of 5 stars Yellow Submarine, 7 Jan. 2015
Whilst most 'normal' fathers opt for a jumper, a shaver or some smellies for Christmas, my Dad asked for one of these bad boys. As a man of sound judgement (he made me so man's got taste) he chose this one over the other compressor options available and was not disappointed. The Seller kindly delivered the device the day after payment and it is fantastic. Looks like something out of a drugged up Beatles record. I'm led to believe that it works well for compressor tools and is very quiet. All round, a great product and a bargain for the price paid.

New Plain Black Flat Peak SnapBack Baseball Cap
New Plain Black Flat Peak SnapBack Baseball Cap
Offered by VIZ-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cap. It's black. What else do you wanna know?, 7 Jan. 2015
Great value cap. Decent, sturdy material and a bargain for the price paid.

Spider Web With Spiders Halloween Decoration Stretchy Cobweb 40g (White)
Spider Web With Spiders Halloween Decoration Stretchy Cobweb 40g (White)
Offered by Goods Online 24/7

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny parcel. One spider. Gutted., 8 Oct. 2014
Bought this to decorate the DJ booth where I work, in preparation for Halloween. Very surprised when it turned up to find that the tiny package I received was little bigger than a 50p piece. There’s no way it would stretch anywhere near the size of the of the webbing in the image. It also only included one plastic spider. Certainly not worth the money it cost.

More Mile Cheviot 2 Mens Off Road / Trail Running Shoes Trainers MM1506-09
More Mile Cheviot 2 Mens Off Road / Trail Running Shoes Trainers MM1506-09
Offered by Exercise-Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit but excellent quality, 5 Sept. 2014
Really good quality running shoes which were a bargain for the price paid. Excellent grips which will work a treat for the Cambridge Sparta Race tomorrow!

One thing to note: If you're torn between two sizes, go for the bigger one!! I fluctuate between an 8 and a 9 in trainers. Chose a 9 and they are a very tight fit, so save yourself any hassle in returning them by going for the next one up :o)

Sniper Elite 3 (PS4)
Sniper Elite 3 (PS4)
Offered by Game Seek

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely to watch but a pain to play, 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Sniper Elite 3 (PS4) (Video Game)
I have been a big fan of the Sniper Elite (SE) series and completed each of the previous titles. The graphics have never been spectacular nor the sound impressive but as a player you can never seem to get bored with instigating slow-motion sniper shots towards an enemy foot soldier. It was an impressive and unique feature in SE2 and in SE3 the addition of a muscle layer, more detailed artery layer and even the ability to shoot vehicle fuel tanks and engine components make this the best in the series yet.

I have enjoyed this game so far, but if you’re looking for a game to really show off the abilities of the PS4 then look elsewhere. SE3 would not look out of place on a PS3 console and any chance to make the game look like a next gen title has been missed in the obvious rush to get it completed.

There are times when enemies spot you regardless of being prone, hidden in tall bushes or 1,000 yards away. In other examples, soldiers stand right in front of you and don’t see you. The end of the second Chapter was particularly infuriating as a General appears in the back of an armoured car and you have to work out how to execute him before he escapes. With no hints or assistance it took me 8 or 9 frustrating goes before I tried popping a landmine in his vehicle’s pre-determined escape route, only for it to simply change the colour of the vehicle with a mediocre smash noise to suggest it had been blown up. Also when you shoot a solider in the face during slo-mo snipe mode, their head swings back and the fragments of shattered teeth and skull follow the backward angle unnaturally which also suggests that the physics could have done with some polishing as well.

There is a very distinct sense that this game has been rushed and it’s a shame because it has the potential to be fantastic. There are a lot of great titles on the way for the PS4 this year and to compete with them this game needed to be something special, or much cheaper. If you’re going to spend £40 I’d save your money for something that really will be amazing. This one is much better suited to a weekend rental.

A good laugh, but solely for the slow motion snipe feature. Without it, this would be a 1-Star game.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2014 1:49 PM BST