Profile for Mr. Mark Obrien > Reviews

Content by Mr. Mark Obrien

Mr. Mark Obrien (United Kingdom)

Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story [DVD] [1993]
Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Michael Learned
Offered by Jasuli
Price: 6.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of product not the movie., 23 Jan 2014
I think this film is well made and gives a good insight into the challenges faced by Bruce Lee and his wife.
My issue is with the actual product.
I ordered a second hand copy and the aspect ratio does not fit onto a modern day screen; it's too small. There are black borders at the top and bottom and on both sides. In addition there is a vertical jagged line down the right side of the screen.
I bought a brand new copy from HMV and encountered the exact same problem.
I tried editing the settings on both my television and blu ray player to no avail.

Down Terrace [DVD]
Down Terrace [DVD]
Dvd ~ Julia Deakin
Price: 5.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic., 6 Jun 2010
This review is from: Down Terrace [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not going to say too much here because when you see this movie you will be blown away so buy this and enjoy it.
This was the last movie I saw at the Rotterdam film festival and the atmosphere, as the audience left the cinema, was electric.
Gritty British film making with a fine serrated edge. Excellent.

GreyMobiles Black Wallet Case For Nokia N97 WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR
GreyMobiles Black Wallet Case For Nokia N97 WITH SCREEN PROTECTOR

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but minor improvement required, 20 Oct 2009
Case is excellent, however, considering the
design, a compartment for the digital pen would
have been handy.

Bill Hicks Live: Relentless [DVD] [2006]
Bill Hicks Live: Relentless [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Bill Hicks
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 8.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Relentles - finally digital!!, 9 Mar 2006
I was given RELENTLESS as a present on VHS several years ago and had never heard of him. As soon as I watched him I loved him (in a manly way) and immediately started pressing the video onto other people.
Eventually I lent it to someone at a party and forgot who it was. Needless to say I never saw it again!
Now it's widely available on DVD you must own it (I didn't think twice and God only knows how many times I've seen it) If you like comedy and are not easily offended buy it. A tenner! You'll get your moneys worth.
I'll end with a quote.."A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. Do you think if Jesus comes back he ever wants to see another cross?! That's like going up to Jackie ONASSIS with a sniper rifle pendant and saying "HEY JACKIE, THINKING OF JOHN...WE LOVED HIM..CLICK CLICK" Enjoy...