Profile for Max1975 > Reviews

Content by Max1975

Max1975 "In Space No One Can Hear You Scream" (France)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Encore heureux
Encore heureux

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 17 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Encore heureux (Audio CD)
Zazie once again delivered a masterpiece. She is one the most original and creative artists. Her music is often difficult to categorize: is it pop, rock or alternative music?

She writes beautiful and complex lyrics and composes amazing music.

With 'Encore Heureux' (Happy Again) she yet again travels in undiscovered music territories. There are many highlights on this album: 'Encore Heureux', 'I Love You All', 'Petroleum', 'Sait-on Jamais' or 'Adieu Tristesse' all of them will become fans' favourite. It's a MASTERPIECE! Merci Zazie. Chapeau!

Les Fleurs Du Bien
Les Fleurs Du Bien

5.0 out of 5 stars Sur la Voix Obispo, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Les Fleurs Du Bien (Audio CD)
'Les Fleurs Du Bien' it is 7th studio album from musical genius Pascal Obispo. I believe it is his finest work to date. Very mature masterpiece, with beautiful lyrics illustrated by amazing music crossing paths of rock, pop and alternative genres.
'Les Fleurs Du Bien' is a concept album and there is absolutely no weak song here. The highlights of the album for me are: 'Noir', 'Aprés Quoi On Court', the title track and 'Sur la Voix Ferré' - a tribute to Léo Ferré.

Valerian Vol.6: Ambassador of the Shadows
Valerian Vol.6: Ambassador of the Shadows
by Pierre Christin

5.0 out of 5 stars Great episode full of surprises and excellent humour, 23 Nov. 2013
Album number 6 is a fabulous story. I was positively surprised, perhaps because after quite average 'Birds of Master' I didn't have too high expectations. This is a hard S-F story with action taking place at the Point Central, huge multicultural space station. In this episode our usual hero Valerian plays supporting role and the main focus is on Laureline who simply can join the pantheon of mightiest S-F heroines. The story is full of surprises with excellent humour and graphic is a first class.

Everyone who already loved the adventures of Valerian and Laureline will be happy to see that Cinebook announces two more albums: 'On the False Earths' and 'Heroes of the Equinox planned for 2014.

Millesimes
Millesimes

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnifique!, 15 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Millesimes (Audio CD)
Pascal Obispo is a very unique artist. He is a musical genius reaching various areas of pop and rock music. 'Millésimes' is a 2 CD compilation of 35 songs from the entire period of his career.This guy should be a major artist well know not only in France but worldwide. If you never heard about then shame on you but this album is a perfect opportunity to know his music. There are so many great songs that it is really difficult to list them here. Some of my favourites: 'Tu M'avis Dit' ([...] 'Si Je Manquais De Ta Peau' ([...] 'L'Important C'Est D'Aimer' ([...] and beautiful duet with Zazie 'Les Meilleurs Ennemis' ([...] Album of 2013 for me.

Antares Vol. 4 (Leo Aldebaran)
Antares Vol. 4 (Leo Aldebaran)
by Léo

5.0 out of 5 stars More action, more mysteries and unsolved story, 29 Aug. 2013
4th episode of Antares odyssey bring more action, more mysteries and leaves us with unsolved story. I love the drawing and story is solid reaching the quality of the best episodes of Aldebaran and Betelgeuse. Now we just need to beg Cinebook to speed up the release of episode 5 - it will be released in France only in October 2013.

Elysium
Elysium

5.0 out of 5 stars Rise of the star, 29 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Elysium (Audio CD)
One of the strongest elements of the Elysium is its soundtrack. I was so impressed with this powerful music that I've had to purchase it immediately after I've watched the movie. I was even more surprised when I've discovered that Ryan Amon, the composer, never has done anything before Elysium and it is in fact his debut. He has created something between the best efforts of Hans Zimmer (Inception, The Last Samurai) and Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica. I believe we are witnessing the rise of the star who can reach level and quality of Hans Zimmer. At the same time it is really unfair to call Amon a "new Zimmer" as his score is so original and unique. One of the reviewer above called this soundtrack "powerful" and I think that is the best description you can give to this masterpiece. One of the best soundtracks ever and surely on top of the list of albums I've purchased in 2013.

Valerian Vol.5: Birds of the Master (Valerian and Laureline)
Valerian Vol.5: Birds of the Master (Valerian and Laureline)
by Pierre Christin

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 16 May 2013
Volume 5 is the weakest from all of the Valerian adventures released so far. The story and characters are more simple but it didn't stop me to like it anyway. I can't wait for episode 6! Thanks Cinebook for releasing that.

Antares Vol.3: Episode 3
Antares Vol.3: Episode 3
by Léo

5.0 out of 5 stars Dramatic action and another unsolved mysteries. FANTASTIC!, 16 May 2013
Volume 3 of Antares brings more dramatic action and another unsolved mysteries. Can't wait for resolution in volume 4.

I am very happy Cinebook is releasing Leo's masterpiece. I remember when I saw Aldebaran for the first time. I didn't like the drawing in the beginning but I had to admit the story was fascinating. By the time I got last volume of Aldebaran in my hands I loved all in it and I started to called Leo a S-F genius. I am really hope story will continue and Cinebook has intention to present all other series created in the same universe. I can't wait.

Diamonds
Diamonds

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite unique between others, 5 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Diamonds (Audio CD)
I am really not a fan of RNB music at all. Also I was really not following what Rihanna is doing in music business. I've heard this song on one of the French TV channels. I have to admit the song is really very good and within this genre.
CD single contains two tracks only: Diamonds (radio/album version [3:46]) and quite good remix of the song (The Bimbo Jones Vocal [6:16]).

The X Files: I Want to Believe (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]
The X Files: I Want to Believe (Director's Cut) [Blu-ray]

4.0 out of 5 stars A very special gift for fans, 19 Dec. 2012
I really enjoyed I want to believe". Thanks to God I didn't listen what so called "critics" are saying and decided to see it myself. First of all, if you are fan of X-Files, and like all strong elements of that series, mystery, tension and relationship of Scully and Mulder, you will enjoy that movie. One of the "critics" said "I want to believe" will be disliked by the X-Files fans. For God's sake! This movie is made FOR fans. All those brilliant actors played almost for free to make budget of the movie as lowest as possible. They've put a lot of efforts to make sure we, fans, will like it. And I want to thank them for that. Great job! I really like it. And the very last scene, after end titles, that is what I call a very special gift for fans. Beautiful and touching scene (and don't even mention Gillian in that scene! Woof! she is aging so beautifully and looks stunning. She is gorgeous). I hope there will be 3rd movie. I really do. So if you enjoyed The X-Files series, you will enjoy "The X-Files: I want to believe". Go and watch it yourself!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4