Profile for Bonobobananas > Reviews

Doctor Who - Mara Tales (Kinda/Snakedance) [DVD]
Doctor Who - Mara Tales (Kinda/Snakedance) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Davison

4.0 out of 5 stars I respectfully disagree, 13 Oct 2012
With most of the reviews on here:

Remembering Kinda from my early adulthood I found it as dull now as I did back then with poor performances/directing almost completely obliterating an interesting story idea.

Snakedance however I found to be a terrifically written and paced gem of Who. Excellent acting, the story just felt more fleshed out and the denouement was nicely played.

So: 5stars for Snakedance, 2.5 for Kinda giving a 4 star experience

Californication - Season 4 [DVD]
Californication - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!, 15 April 2012
This show manages to pack in more laugh out loud moments than any other I've seen in many a long year. Despite the never ending barrage of hot women that throw themselves at Hank, this still seems fresh and the characters are eternally loveable. I'd say I enjoyed this series more than 3. Plus for the chaps it had the very lovely Carla Gugino in it!

If you enjoyed the previous series you will love this. I can't wait for series 5 (although I'm filled with some trepidation as the ending to 4 does feel like a natural conclusion to a fine program).

Californication - Season 3 [DVD]
Californication - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Duchovny
Offered by ____THE_BEST_ON_DVD____

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 11 Mar 2011
Continuing with more of the same shenanigans from Hank, not quite in the same class as the first series, but extremely enjoyable if you don't mind seeing a few naughty bits. The excellent cliff hanger left me wondering when the next series will be broadcast.

Keep it going, love it!

Build A Rocket Boys!
Build A Rocket Boys!

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the best Band around, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Build A Rocket Boys! (Audio CD)
I had the tremendous fortune to see Guy and the lads at Cambridge Junction 2nd March 2011 for their warm up gig for the main tour. Opening with The Birds it was obvious the new album was not going to be a disappointment - however...

Now had a few listens. A couple of issues stop me from giving this the 5 stars that Elbow 'the band' deserve. I hate the added crowd sing-along in 'With Love' despite the song itself being ok. And I just don't like 'The night will always win', didn't like it live and don't like it on the album, it makes Guy's vocals seem a bit ropey which they really aren't.

Overall the album itself still stands well above the fare churned out elsewhere, but from Elbow I do expect the 'Very Best'.

For me, Leaders of the Free World is their masterpiece in terms of albums to date, I actually thought Seldom Seen Kid was their weakest, thankfully the new found fame and fortune doesn't appear to have quelled their creativity.

To get the best out of them, go see them live, trust me you won't regret it.

To summarize - for Elbow 7/10, most other bands 9.9/10
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2011 1:31 AM BST

100M 100 meters Long Range Home Remote Wireless Doorbell Door Bell Chime (UK Plug in type)

4.0 out of 5 stars Working well so far, 25 Feb 2010
Bought two - Had for a few weeks now, no probs so far, does what it's supposed to, ring seems loud enough.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 11, 2011 5:01 PM GMT

Playmobil - 3900 - Red Corsair Pirate Ship
Playmobil - 3900 - Red Corsair Pirate Ship

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 25 Feb 2010
This has been great, loads of fun to play with my 3 year old son. Took a while to put together, but that's part of the enjoyment. Looks very impressive and we love firing the cannons at each other..

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (Wii)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (Wii)
Offered by FUN-N-MORE

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying touch, 25 Feb 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
OK. I love golf, I play twice a week when I can IRL. Loved playing golf on sports resort so I thought I'd get this. Was shooting 18 under on resort but expected this to be much harder and more realistic.

The good news: excellent choice of courses, nice and realistic, plenty of pros to choose from and fun to create your own career.

Now the bad. INCREDIBLY frustrating motion plus. I like to play just the pro mode so it feels as much a golf sim as possible. Perhaps it's me, but there seems to be NO consistency with level of swing power - I try and smash a full shot with the driver and hit 85%, then trying to hit 50% with an iron slow swing comes up 100%. Putting is shocking too, one putt comes up miles short, then the same swing smashes miles past. Controller has full battery, works on other games. Have had to stop playing before I throw the Wii through my TV. I want to love this and play every night, but these flaws make it unplayable.

Man & A Woman [DVD] [1967] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Man & A Woman [DVD] [1967] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Anouk Aimée

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely romantic film, 9 Mar 2009
A little dated now but none the less for it. This has spawned many a spoof of the genre but the leads are delightful and obviously the music is the icing on the cake. Watch and wish for a trip back in time to the era of telegrams and cool cars.

Fucking Åmål [DVD] [2000]
Fucking Åmål [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Alexandra Dahlström
Offered by Retro_Foundation

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific heartwarming film, 9 Mar 2009
This review is from: Fucking Åmål [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
Don't know if I'm quite in the age target for this, but as a middle aged chap thought this a lovely, well acted and charming film. If this doesn't make you feel happier about the human condition by the end then there is something wrong. And take note Hollywood - doesn't need to be schmaltzy! Would've given 4 and a half stars as not quite a 5 but not allowed so sorry 4 it is!

Basics of Acupuncture
Basics of Acupuncture
by Gabriel Stux

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic guide, 6 Nov 2008
This review is from: Basics of Acupuncture (Paperback)
A good introduction for those new to acupuncture, gives most of main points together with suggested 'recipes' for certain pathologies and an insight into TCM. Could have done with some nice colour pictures, but you can't have everything in a book this size - get Seirin for that!

Page: 1 | 2