Profile for Jenny Irvine > Reviews

The Forgotten Seamstress
The Forgotten Seamstress
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Real page turner., 2 May 2014
Found the story a bit slow to start but quite absorbing once it got going, not sure if the story was truly believable , but an interesting read non-the -less.

A Cuppa Tea and an Aspirin
A Cuppa Tea and an Aspirin
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Had read this before, 15 April 2014
After a couple of chapters I realised I had read this book before , all be it a few years ago. It gives an insight to the depravation dockers families suffered between the war years . I felt the story quite vague in parts and was disappointed with the ending.

Three Letters
Three Letters
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Discovered I had read this before., 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Three Letters (Kindle Edition)
Although after only one chapter I realised I had read this before I am plowing on with it as I seem to remember it as a very moving story.

A Dream Come True [Quick Read] (Quick Reads)
A Dream Come True [Quick Read] (Quick Reads)
Price: 1.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 15 Mar 2014
think I prefer a more in depth story , something I can really get absorbed in this one felt as if it was over too quickly.

The Soldier's Valentine
The Soldier's Valentine
Price: 0.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Confused.com, 15 Mar 2014
couldn't make head nor tail of this book , seemed to drop one story for another in mid flow almost as though it was just a taster for the real thing.Came to an abrupt end with no conclusion.

Legacy of Sins
Legacy of Sins
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Legacy of Sins (Kindle Edition)
Found this book a great read although with so many characters I sometimes got a little lost with the plot.It appealed to me especially as I live near some of the locations in the book.

A Week in Winter
A Week in Winter
Price: 3.65

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Yarn, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: A Week in Winter (Kindle Edition)
A little far fetched at times but a good read non the less.If your a Maeve Binchy fan you will enjoy this.

A Glimpse of the Mersey
A Glimpse of the Mersey
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 10 Feb 2014
found this book really absorbing , very intense in parts. As I grew up on the Wirral I was able to picture lots of the places mentioned in the book , all be it the story takes place long before I was born.

Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts
Custard Tarts and Broken Hearts
Price: 1.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Jan 2014
Found this a very touching story a real page turner with a real feel for the hardships of the first world war.

Cockney Orphan
Cockney Orphan
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Wartime Romance, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cockney Orphan (Kindle Edition)
Am really enjoying Cockney orphan, it's a real page turner have still about a quarter of the book left to read. The only downside to the story is I'm finding it similar to previous Carol Rivers stories , in regard to the content . But a good read non the less.