Profile for P. R. French > Reviews

Content by P. R. French

P. R. French (Clevedon, North Somerset United Kingdom)

Mueller 4547 Adjustable Ankle Support
Mueller 4547 Adjustable Ankle Support

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job......, 6 Aug. 2011
....but I wish it lasted a bit longer! This is my second Mueller ankle support, I use it for hill walking and any form of exercise that could see me turning my already fragile ankle , it supports really well, is a LOT more comfy than an ankle brace & is quick and easy to put on. But.....maybe the manufacturers could make it from slightly tougher material. My first one showed signs of wear after only 7 or 8 miles of walking, by the time I had got to the end of the walk it looked decidedly knackered!It still worked ok and to be fair I have used it several times since with no serious deterioration in performance, but 9 months on it has finally thrown in the towel!

Homesick
Homesick

4.0 out of 5 stars Homesick by A Day to Remember, 8 July 2009
This review is from: Homesick (Audio CD)
An excellent album by a band most commonly described as the heaviest 'pop' band going. Don't let this description fool you! Plus together the incredibly heavy, gut wrenching riffs with the melodic yet powerful growl singing not forgetting to add the fast paced and well timed drumming and you get Homesick by A Day to Remember. With Jeremy McKinnon's incredible ability to deal out pounding and heavy singing but then change suddenly to insanely melodic and catchy lyrics you'll be listening to this album again and again.

Philips Bodygroom TT2021 Rechargeable Male Body Hair Trimmer
Philips Bodygroom TT2021 Rechargeable Male Body Hair Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent tool, 2 Jan. 2008
I got my husband one of these a couple of months ago, I do his hairy back & shoulders for him! It really is a brilliant bit of kit, good charge life, doesn't knick, feels nice in hand. You can ignore the "exclusively for men" slogan, I find it brilliant for tidying up my "girly bits"!! (much to hubby's chagrin). All in all, a good buy.

We Live Here
We Live Here
Offered by Smart-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars We live here, 20 Jun. 2002
This review is from: We Live Here (Audio CD)
Possibly Pat Metheny's most approachable & certainly his most commercial album, We Live Lere none the less manages to appeal to jazz afficionados as well as "middle of the road" or "smooth" music lover alike.
From the George Benson like Here To Stay to the driving Stranger In Town (Steve Rodby has seldom sounded better on electric bass!) the whole album manages to skirt past elevator music while dipping in & out of jazz funk with consumate ease.
Lyle Mayes gets to solo a bit more than in the past (good), but as usual there is one poor track! (one day this group will release an album FULL of good stuff!).
A worthy addition to any Pat Metheny fan's collection.