ARRAY(0xb5bfd234)

A Salad for All Seasons
by Harry Eastwood
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I've never cooked so many recipes from a book!, 29 July 2013
I'm not a great one for writing reviews but this book is fantastic. As I said in the title I have never used a recipe book so frequently. There is great diversity in the salads, the ingredients are generally readily available and the more obscure you can find if you just look a bit harder.

Recipe steps are clear, quantities seem about right and I especially like the 'swap in' section at the bottom of most recipes where alternative ideas for some ingredients are included.

Bhutan Handbook (Footprint Handbook)
Bhutan Handbook (Footprint Handbook)
by Gyurme Dorje

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Footprint title, 23 Oct 2011
I'm a big fan of footprint guides, my preferred travel guide book.

As usual you get an excellent section on history / culture / religon providing the background you need for your trip. There is also additional depth of information in the chapters dedicated to the individual places within Bhutan.

The drop to 4-stars is based on their trekking information. I was primarily doing trekking while in Bhutan (similar to a lot of visitors) and I kept finding myself using my friends lonelyplant to get the information that I required. More details on the treks would have been useful.

Swim, Bike, Run, Laugh!: A Lighthearted Look at the Serious Sport of Triathlon and the Ironman Experience
by Dan Madson
Price: 6.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Life as a triathlete, 9 July 2010
I got given this book for my birthday having completed my first triathlon earlier in the year. Having read numerous books on triathlon I enjoyed reading this as a story of the struggles of a 'real' person building up to their first ironman. One of my favourite things about triathlons is the camaraderie and stories behind everyone's efforts, usually illustrated when my fellow club members post race reports. This book is similar to those. It's easy to read and makes you smile, plus it gives you a few great tri hints along the way!