Profile for Mark Taylor > Reviews

Content by Mark Taylor

Mark Taylor

Computer Studies: G.C.S.E.Passbook (Keyfacts)
Computer Studies: G.C.S.E.Passbook (Keyfacts)
by Ray Bradley

3.0 out of 5 stars Book with some interesting factual information, 26 Mar 2014
It is a book which has information out of date but I generally bought it for this purpose. It is a good benchmark for finding out how things have developed. Worth the money. Interesting articles such as how computers are used in engineering outline the job specifications better. Only read certain snippets and would continue to do so.

Hannibal: Fields of Blood (Hannibal 2)
Hannibal: Fields of Blood (Hannibal 2)
by Ben Kane
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining book and superbly written., 26 Mar 2014
I am increasing the number of stars for this book to five. It was excellent and kept me interested. When I first came to reading this book I were not enthusing over it as my concentration must have been wavering. I decided to read the book again a few days ago and I thoroughly understood it. It was entertaining and kept me interested. I like these kind of books and will be buying another as I know this is an accomplished author with an outstanding talent to keep the reader enthralled. Excellent read.

Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
by Mike Brind
Price: 17.55

3.0 out of 5 stars A somewhat helpful and complementary book, 26 Mar 2014
There are a lot of new features applied in this book. However drawing up my first website I encountered a problem with the link to Home page. I did eventually link up the page but the Home link should have been named as ~/Shared/Default.cshtml in the navigation file, for the link to go back to the Home page. I worked this out from another book. The functionally I have found better in other books. I could not get certain programming language to work. I had tried a few times. There are simpler books out there. I do think it is a book you can use for reference and to complement other books. There is certain code such has making the database look green & white which is an interesting feature and can be used in your own website. I would only use snippets out of this book though as I think some of the programming would not be able to work.

The Guilty One
The Guilty One
by Lisa Ballantyne
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Read, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Guilty One (Paperback)
Very understandable story. It is another book I had not lost the plot with. I enjoyed it but it was not great. I found parts of it repetitive and long drawn out. Reading about a young boy when living with his foster mum was a downside. However the time having to defend a young child in court was more compelling giving it a bit of spark. Overall not bad read.

SIT UP AB BENCH HOME GYM EXERCISE EQUIPMENT WORKOUT FOLDING SITUP
SIT UP AB BENCH HOME GYM EXERCISE EQUIPMENT WORKOUT FOLDING SITUP
Offered by SDE Online
Price: 27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sit up bench, 26 Mar 2014
This is a super buy. Very easy to assemble. Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Excellent value for money. You cant go wrong with this purchase for the money.

Fault Line
Fault Line
by Robert Goddard
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fault Line (Paperback)
I were in awe of this authors writing ability. The story line is excellent and gripping. It is one of the best books I have read. To some it could be complicated but I was able to leave the book and come back to it quite easily as the story was very compelling.
Great author and read. Well recommended.

A General Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Visual Studio & Webmatrix2
A General Understanding of Microsoft Excel, Visual Studio & Webmatrix2
by Mark Taylor
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for beginners taking up Excel, Access & Web development studies, 26 Mar 2014
For a beginner who wants to design his own website I would recommend this book. I have read others such as Beginning ASP.NET web pages with Web Matrix and cant get past certain points. This book has found a easier way to apply checkboxes, text areas, labels and other functions which work in forms and easily transfer information into a database. This book allows you to just pick out certain facts and apply the principles. You don't have to read it word for word. Its other chapter on Excel is very interesting being able to transfer data from a Excel spread sheet to an Access Database or to an SQL full version server database if downloaded. The book I found very helpful. I have used this book to correct some programming errors in other books. I learnt how to have a functional website up & running using a template format in Web matrix3 in a matter of days. I have learnt so much. I am able to add loads of features to my website and have picked up these skills extremely quickly. All cost me nothing and all functionality correct without having to scour the book continuously. Well Recommended for beginners learning computer studies.

By David Mark - The Dark Winter
By David Mark - The Dark Winter
by David Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding English Adventure Novel, 22 Feb 2014
I cant believe I am your only review to date. This novel is outstanding. I was able to leave this book for a few days and still capture the adventure of this book. It is better than most films I have watched. I sure you on to that. In my opinion this novel is captivating, unique and riveting. You have made a masterpiece. The interesting thing is I was able to leave the book for a few days and still understand the passage of time. I believe in a good start, middle and a good ending and this book had that. Being set in an English town like Hull was classic. Such an interesting novel throughout. A literate maestro working. Thank you for this book.