Profile for Dan Cook > Reviews

Content by Dan Cook

Dan Cook

MSI GT780DXR-621UK 17.3 inch Laptop (Intel i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, RAM 8GB DDR3, HDD 1.5TB,Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still going strong after over a year of use., 3 Feb. 2014
Contrary to other reviews here I've actually gotten a lot of use out of this laptop, and still do!
Purchased about 18 months ago and still going strong but I do take care of it.
Once a year I wipe and re-install the OS - this clears a lot of clutter and ultimately brings it back up to speed if it's slowing down a bit.
I paid £30-£40 for a large laptop cooling pad which I'm convinced is what has helped keep it going (Frankly I was quite happy to pay for it having just paid 1400 for the laptop).
And I also clear the interior and vents of dust and debris 2-3 times a year as this will build up.

The cooling boost fan is quite loud but can drop the internal temperature incredibly quickly (I recommend keeping it on at ll times whilst gaming), I game with headphones on so the noise does not affect me at all.

The keyboard is still nice and springy after over a years worth of hammering.

Should note that the keyboard does NOT come with the LED's mentioned in international versions - I knew of this beforehand and really wasn't a deal breaker for me cause...well they're just lights aren't they.

All in all I expected to only get about a years worth out of it and it has exceeded my expectations.

If you're like me and you travel/move a lot and need a portable gaming station then you'd do well with this.

Case-Mate Tough Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 - Black
Case-Mate Tough Case for Samsung Galaxy S2 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough as nails., 3 Feb. 2014
It certainly does what it says on the tin, my phone feels almost bullet proof having survived numerous drops on concrete and tile flooring. It will cause the phone to look a lot more bulky so if you are concerned about the look and style of the phone then I'd recommend looking elsewhere. But if it's protection that you need then this is the case for you.

PILLOW PLEASURE (TM) BIG C U MATERNITY SUPPORT PILLOW WITH COTTON CASE
PILLOW PLEASURE (TM) BIG C U MATERNITY SUPPORT PILLOW WITH COTTON CASE
Offered by Pillow Pleasure

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 3 Feb. 2014
As a male who is not pregnant, I also found this to be incredibly comfortable - I prefer to make to raise it up onto the headrest to make a sort of arm chair pillow that I can sit up in and watch telly. Marvelous.

Braun Oral-B Vitality Sensitive Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Braun Oral-B Vitality Sensitive Clean Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by bargainunlimited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price., 3 Feb. 2014
Bought the item on sale as I had never used an electric toothbrush before. I am now officially a convert due to this little fella.
Battery charge is a bit low (presumably for health and safety reasons) so it does require regular charges.

Recommend if you're new to the electric toothbrush concept.

Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Cards Against Humanity: UK edition
Offered by Cards Against Humanity, LLC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly awful, I love it!, 3 Feb. 2014
What's so great about the game is that it's only really as bad as the people playing it. Great with drinks and a few friends.

Sennheiser 504291 HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone
Sennheiser 504291 HD 202 Closed Back On-Ear Stereo Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 3 Feb. 2014
Like a lot of the other reviews mention, these headphones are excellent value for money. Although I'm certainly no expert when it comes to audio, I'm sure that you'd have to pay near 10 times as much to get something that was audibly better quality.
The cable is quite thin so I'd recommend keeping the extra length tied up to avoid it being pulled off.

Highly recommend if this is your first set of headphones.

Logitech N200 Cooling Pad
Logitech N200 Cooling Pad

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech laptop cooling pad, 15 Feb. 2012
Have just received my laptop cooling pad and it's working great.

The fan speed is a great option, the first setting is virtually silent which is perfect for listening to music or if I'm trying to do some work. The second setting is noticeably louder but not to the extent that I find it annoying which is great if I'm watching a film with headphones in or maybe playing a game.

I chose this pad over the other ones in particular due to the soft padding underneath which makes it viable for actual "lap" use.

It currently sits on my desk at and gives my laptop a comfortable angle on which to type on and also works great on soft surfaces like my bed.

Overall a great product and one that I consider a bit of an investment as despite its cost, it will very likely improve the lifespan of this current laptop with the added cooling.

In terms of battery drain I can't really comment at this stage.

The cable length is more than adequate and would fit into a socket at any location on the laptop and also allows you to store a lot of the cable in the base preventing the "messy cable" look.

If I had to pick a fault with it it would be the inability to control the angle at which the laptop sits on top of it, but again just to re-iterate, I find the angle very comfortable. I would also say that it is a bit expensive when compared to similar products but I am certain that I will get its moneys worth.

I hope this review is of use to you.