Profile for Mr. J. Mcmahon > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Mcmahon

Mr. J. Mcmahon "Johnny Mc" (North Wales)

The Quiet Man [Blu-ray] [1952] [US Import]
The Quiet Man [Blu-ray] [1952] [US Import]
Offered by supermart_usa

1.0 out of 5 stars Bitterly Disappointed !, 26 Dec. 2014
Bitterly disappointed. This US import is a different region to UK. Had this been clearly stated in the sale I would not have purchased it as a Christmas present for my father .

Zulu (50th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Zulu (50th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Stanley Baker

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class British Movie, 11 Nov. 2014
First Class British Movie enhanced by its release in Blu-ray. I never tire of seeing it. First class in every aspect from production to casting.

The Assassination of Jesse James/Wyatt Earp Double Pack [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by RevisionNet

5.0 out of 5 stars Jesse and Wyatt, 16 Jan. 2014
Both sides of the law seen in two great westerns. I just want to be entertained by my favourite genre. Both these films do it for me. You can analyze, criticize whatever but the result for me is being entertained. Buying it so whenever I need cheering up films like these do it every time. For me Kevin Costner follows the traditions of Ford and Eastwood and makes great westerns. With regard to Andrew Dominick, I just hope he makes some more westerns. Both First Class.

The Empire Of The Wolves [DVD] [2006]
The Empire Of The Wolves [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Jean Reno

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !, 15 Oct. 2010
If you are interested in a thriller that you cannot predict where its going, just buy this. Play it in French and use the subtitles,get the mood. Jean Reno is always value for money. A cracker!

Best of TV Westerns Collection [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Best of TV Westerns Collection [DVD] [2009] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars best of tv westerns vol 1, 7 Feb. 2010
the mail service was first class. As for the tv episodes, the western genre is of interest to me and I found this dvd delightful.

Classic Westerns: Johnny Mack Brown Four Feature [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars johnny mack brown four features, 7 Feb. 2010

Hopalong Cassidy Rarities [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Hopalong Cassidy Rarities [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Hopalong Cassidy rarities, 7 Feb. 2010
The mail service was first class. As for the films, the western genre is of interest to me and I found this dvd delightful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2010 9:06 PM GMT

Barns of the Yorkshire Dales
Barns of the Yorkshire Dales
by Bill Bryson

5.0 out of 5 stars A refreshing read, 8 May 2009
I was delighted to find this book a pleasurable, humorous and most informative read.I do not agreee with "Building Surveyor" He or she describes the book as having "lightweight content". Surely the book is light hearted rather than lightweight...we are not all building trade professionals. I found the approach comfortably on the right side of the line bewteen informative and entertaining without being swamped with too much technical mumbo jumbo. I applaud the authors in their foresight to bring to the masses such a unique insight into what are undoubtedly major contributions to the beauty of the Yorkshire Dales....I wonder if they have considered a similar project about "Barns in Wales." I give the book 5 stars.