Profile for Shadow Dancer > Reviews

Shadow Dancer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Barolo Flori Araldica 2009 75cl
Barolo Flori Araldica 2009 75cl

5.0 out of 5 stars obviously it was received with great appreciation but she is used to drinking Barolo anyway, 8 Aug. 2014
Ordered this as a surprise present to a friend in England while I was in Thailand, obviously it was received with great appreciation but she is used to drinking Barolo anyway, but she did say that this was like silk

ORIGINAL GENUINE NEW SONY TV REMOTE CONTROL - RM-ED005
ORIGINAL GENUINE NEW SONY TV REMOTE CONTROL - RM-ED005
Offered by cherrypickelectronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried a copy first but it didn't come up to ..., 8 Aug. 2014
Tried a copy first but it didn't come up to the mark, this in my opinion is the real deal, you can bounce the signal around the walls as opposed to having to point it directly at the receiver.

Adabi Nasi Goreng Fried Rice Paste, 30g
Adabi Nasi Goreng Fried Rice Paste, 30g
Offered by Tradewinds Oriental Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this stuff, 8 Aug. 2014
I love this stuff, great authentic flavour to a rice dish that reminds me of the year I spent in Indonesia

Cressi F1 Scuba and Snorkeling Frameless Mask - Black
Cressi F1 Scuba and Snorkeling Frameless Mask - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely great mask, had trouble finding a mask for a ..., 8 Aug. 2014
Absolutely great mask, had trouble finding a mask for a narrow face but this does it all the way

GRC RM-ED005 / RMED005 TV Remote Control for Sony Televisions
GRC RM-ED005 / RMED005 TV Remote Control for Sony Televisions
Offered by Art Line Electronics

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor imitation When I first got this remote I knew ..., 8 Aug. 2014
Poor imitation

When I first got this remote I knew it was not the original but I also thought it would do the job, unfortunately it wasn't up to it, most of the buttons needed to be pressed hard for them to work and even if they do respond it only works within a very narrow angle of the line of the TV. I've since bought an original 2nd hand one and it works like the original one does, you can bounce the signals off the wall as opposed to pointing the remote directly at the receiver

Endon Spotlight Range In  Satin Chrome
Endon Spotlight Range In Satin Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd one bought from Amazon, 15 Mar. 2014
A Great chunky well made single spot, but watch out for the description, IT DOES NOT HAVE A ROCKER SWITCH. I'd already bought one before and was aware of this but I had no need for one any way. I have a Philips MyVision GU10 4 Watt LED spot bulb fitted and it's just the job for spotting my Rangemaster cooker.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A Worthwhile upgrade from the Asus RT-N66U, 15 Mar. 2014
Like many others I have upgraded a Asus RT-N66U to the RT-AC68U, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the RT-N66U but my decision was based specifically on upgrading to USB 3.0. I have a 2Tb Hard drive full of Films, Music and TV programs connected to the Router and they can be streamed to any device connected to the Wi-Fi, even my neighbour who shares the connection with me streams the films and documentaries to her laptop on regular basis. The USB 3.0 port enables me to transfer files to the hard drive 4 x faster than before. The Router also has a 2nd port which is USB 2.0.

The set up is very simple, intuitive and it connects in minutes, the only thing that slowed it down was having to input the BT connection details, once done the wizard connected in seconds. As soon as it connected The RT-AC68U automatically updated it's own firmware to the latest version 3.0.0.4.374.4561. The 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz wireless set up is also very simple, name the connection give it a password and away you go. If you do want to use the 'MAC filter' which is a feature that will only allow certain MAC addresses to connect to the router, it might take you a minute or 2 longer to add the addresses. It may be an idea to have a note of all the MAC addresses of the devices you want to connect, although once they are connected you can easily add them via drop down menu before you activate the filter. The button on the rear of the unit that disables the blue LED's is a welcome addition, on the RT-N66U I had to place a piece of tape over the LED's to stop my bedroom becoming a disco at night.

The range is fantastic, I'm getting slightly more coverage than the RT-N66U and it seems to be more responsive and snappier on the wireless devices, I was shocked how quickly web pages loaded on my Galaxy S3 while I was next door. I have a number of devices connected and there seems to be no noticeable lag on any of them while running them at the same time.

Devices connected:
1 x Desktop (Hard wired)
4 x Smart phones
2 x iPods
4 x laptops
1 x iPad
1 x PS3

I've not had a single drop out or disconnection since it connected on 10th March.

I'm on BT Infinity (fibre) and use the RT-AC68U in conjunction with the BT modem (Supplied by BT) so obviously get exactly the same speed I did on the RT-N66U.

The only thing I'm slightly disappointed about but it's not enough to take a star off is the change in orientation, I preferred to lay the RT-N66U flat on some drawers with the antennas down the back but I did buy the RT-AC68U for it's performance and not how it stands.

From reading other reviews I have noticed that some people have not done research into what the Router is actually capable of doing and when they receive the device are disappointed. The RT-AC68U is an expensive piece of kit so who wouldn't check it out first to see if it did what you needed it to.

I suggest viewing the "ASUS RT-AC68U Router Overview" on YouTube [...]

EDIT: Please be aware this review is for ASUS RT-AC68U and not the Asus RT-AC3200 which this review is also appearing with.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2015 3:19 AM GMT

Lion Licorice Gums 2Kg
Lion Licorice Gums 2Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars All black Midget Gems, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Lion Licorice Gums 2Kg (Grocery)
From being very young these have been my favourite sweets, followed closely by Midget Gems, however it's difficult to find decent Midget Gems nowadays, they all seem to be too soft, these are all black Midget Gems, I went through a box of these in 2 weeks.

Corsair 32GB Flash Voyager GT USB Water Resistant Flash Drive
Corsair 32GB Flash Voyager GT USB Water Resistant Flash Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Blinding Speeds, 10 Mar. 2014
I already have 2 16gb versions which I've had for 2 years but stayed away from the larger ones because of the plethora of bad reviews. I've been keeping my eye on the price and the newer versions and when I saw many more positive reviews I decided to get one.

16 GB ∑ Max Read: 79 MB/s ∑ Max Write: 21 MB/s
32 GB Max Read: 190 MB/s. Max Write 40 MB/s

I expected it to be faster than my 16GB version but not nearly twice as fast.

I thinks the rubber case is great as I can be quite clumsy at times, the only down side is the size, I knew this when I bought it so was not surprised when it arrived.

Philips MyVision GU10 4 Watt LED Low Energy Light Bulb. 240v Warm White
Philips MyVision GU10 4 Watt LED Low Energy Light Bulb. 240v Warm White
Offered by TheGoodsMan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wide angel bulb, 10 Mar. 2014
I've tried a quite a few different LED bulbs, some of which didn't even last as long as the cheap halogen spots you can get from IKEA. These Philips however, are now in every GU10 fitting in my house, I was so impressed with them I bought some for my friend and now she has them all over her house. Very cheap to run, gives off little heat and has a nice warm glow, not like the 'Cool white' clinical ones, these appear more natural.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9