Profile for Flowerpot > Reviews

Content by Flowerpot

Flowerpot (Cumbria, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Ellie-Bo Deluxe Extra Strong 2 Door Folding Dog Puppy Cage with Faux Sheepskin Bed Medium 30 inch Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A well functioning crate, 23 July 2014
Good quality product, functions well and flat-packs well. Just the right size for my corgi. The soft bed that came with the crate is nice and washes well on a gentle wash. The crate has two doors - one wide side of the crate and one narrow end. This is useful giving options for crate placement.
I'm pleased with the product and would recommend. It arrived quickly and well wrapped.

Salter 1036 Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale - Black
Salter 1036 Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to use, 23 July 2014
Love these. So precise and enjoyable to use. I worry about granules of sugar and flour etc getting stuck in between the metal plate and the plastic body but only time will tell if this causes any issue.

JETech® Gold Super Fit iPhone 4/4S Case for Apple iPhone 4 4S Logo Cut-Out Fits AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile (White)
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice case with good protection, 23 July 2014
A very nice and modern looking iPhone case, I would say this fits the iPhone 4 model better than the iPhone 4S - the mute button above the volume control buttons on the side of the iPhone doesn't sit central in the cutout, however it is still functional so doesn't cause any problem. The case feels sturdy and protective and has been fine dropped onto laminate floor from a sofa height a few times. I'd say the case could be improved by removing, or rather filling in, the apple logo cutaway, it seems unnecessary for this to be on display through a cutout when it could be protected from potential scratching etc.
I would recommend this case to anyone who likes the look of it.
I received the item quickly and am pleased with the seller's service.

iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black
iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 TPU Gel Skin Case / Cover - Solid Black
Offered by Terrapin Accessories

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, great value for money, 8 May 2014
Nice cover, excellent value for money. The case is quite a tough gel and isn't slippy so my phone feels secure in my hand. My previous bumper phone case in the same material made it quite hard to press the power button and took a while to loosen but there's no problem with this, likewise the volume buttons are fine to press.

I think the case is actually designed for the 4s rather than the 4 because the cutout on the side of the case where the mute button is only just fits the button in, the cutout should be longer or cut a bit higher.. aesthetically it isn't the best and it's the only thing I don't like about the case, but the button is still accessible. I think I'm correct in saying the iphone 4s model ever so slightly differs in shape in someway, therefore there can be a difference in fit of cases designed for the 4 and the 4s.

The back is actually quite glossy and you can see your reflection in it as you can on the back of the iphone itself. Fingerprints are left easily but wipe off.

For the price this phone case is great and I would recommend it. It's subtle and smart.

Flexi Comfort Long Lead, Size 2, Up to 20 Kg, Black
Flexi Comfort Long Lead, Size 2, Up to 20 Kg, Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 April 2014
Great lead, strong and sturdy, it functions well - the lock buttons are easy to use and preform well. The length of the lead is good for letting my puppy run around but still be fastened securely. The handle is comfortable and it isn't too bulky. I've had the lead about 4 months now and it's still in good condition however the lead does stick slightly when I let my dog on the loose (I think this could be because of frequent use clicking the lock button into place at the same position..) it doesn't really bother me as my 5 star rating reflects. My puppy is around 6 kg so it might seem that a 20kg lead is unnecessary but I wanted extra security. She runs full speed (and she's very fast) while she is on the lead and ends up jolting because she tries to run further than the lead allows, and the lead has held up, it hasn't snapped or ripped. I would recommend this lead.

Maelson - Dry Box 15kg
Maelson - Dry Box 15kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Maelson - Dry Box 15kg (Misc.)
I ordered this box because I buy dog food in 15kg bags and want to keep it fresh. This box seems to be keeping the food fresh and tucks away nicely in the room. You can use the top of the lid as a surface too! The included scoop is useful and sturdy. The box is well made and thick plastic. The seal looks good and airtight. I thought at first it didn't sit tightly round the edges because there's a thin gap (where the base of the green lid meets the bin lip) but it's just the design and doesn't affect the seal. I washed it out before use as it smelt like new plastic. I would recommend this product. The colours are true to the picture.

Logic Oral Hygiene Gel
Logic Oral Hygiene Gel
Offered by Paws and Claws Pet Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Logic Oral Hygiene Gel (Misc.)
I spent a bit of time comparing toothpastes and trying to decide which to go for. Based on the high amount of positive reviews this Logic toothpaste I had I decided to give it a go and I'm not disappointed. My puppy is only 6 months so she has no problems with her teeth yet however her breath was starting to go from pleasant to typical 'dog breath' and I also want to prevent gum disease etc. I've been using the toothpaste for a couple of weeks now (once every evening I rub it along her gum line) and I've noticed a big improvement her breath doesn't smell of anything I'm impressed. I can't comment on anything else the toothpaste should be doing i.e. removing plaque etc because I haven't been monitoring that but her gums and teeth seem fine so it must be helping. The paste came with a small finger toothbrush which I try to use some of the time but it is a bit awkward to use on her. Puppy seems to like the taste a lot and is keen every time she sees me get the product out. I do recommend giving this toothpaste a go.

Russell Hobbs 18117 4 Slice Deluxe Toaster Modern Classic Design
Russell Hobbs 18117 4 Slice Deluxe Toaster Modern Classic Design

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly happy, 4 Dec. 2013
This toaster arrived earlier than expected and was packed well - in the manufacturers box protected within cardboard inside (imagine an egg box but for a toaster to sit in).

The toaster looks nice, the wide sides are brushed silver and the ends where the buttons etc are is shiny and reflective (like a mirror).

It toasts well and consistent, if anything maybe I find it a tiny bit slow but I don't care. The lift and look function is good and lifts high enough - it isn't hard to get crumpets out.

When the toaster is in use the light shines blue, it's quite bright but no problem.

The defrost mode works well, I haven't used the reheat mode yet. 4 toasts at one time turns out well. As with most toasters I've used, after the first batch of toast is made the next batch seems to toast darker but doesn't burn.

It's a nice appliance and works well. I'm happy with it and strangely find it enjoyable to use.

Celicious Black Gel Bumper Case for Apple iPhone 4S / iPhone 4 | Apple iPhone 4S Case Cover

3.0 out of 5 stars It will do well for now, 4 Sept. 2013
First of all I received this item very quickly, so service is good.

I was surprised to find enclosed a front screen protector and a microfiber cloth included which was nice.

The case itself - I decided to get a cheap bumper case in the meantime whilst deciding on a high quality protective case. For £2.49 not too much can be expected but this case is ok, I might be slightly disappointed.

Good points - it's simple, it's black, I like the cut out where the volume buttons are as opposed to tacky metal ones stuck on.

Bad points - the finish/cut out at the top of the screen is a little messy, which a lot of people won't bother about however I keep noticing it. The on/off button is hard to press down but this may loosen with a few days wear..

There's nothing wrong with it for £2.49, it's simple and adds a little bit more grip to the phone without much bulk, it also stops the phone scraping on surfaces, but the shiny finish around the outside isn't the nicest look. It's fine for the time being for sitting on my desk at work/coffee table at home.

What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
by Joe Navarro

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and insightful, 21 Jun. 2013
Quick comment from gift receiver: it would be a 5 rating but I think some of the things he says/the situations he describes might be made up.

From what I've read of it it's interesting and insightful and he sets up the info well. Pictures to assist text is useful.

Page: 1 | 2