Profile for AnthonyGet > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Spigen Tough Armor Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal
Spigen Tough Armor Cover Case for iPhone 6 - Gunmetal

4.0 out of 5 stars Super tough and feels good to use, 18 Nov. 2014
This is my third Spigen case. Super tough and feels good to use. Loss of star is because I always have to take it off to use phone with a dock.

Ellie-Bo Dog Puppy Cage Folding 2 Door Crate with Non-Chew Metal Tray Extra Large 42-inch Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Nov. 2014
Excellent product and much better value than many others I have seen.

Ellie-Bo Dog Bed with Faux Suede and Sheepskin Topping for Dog Cage/ Crate Extra Large 42-inch Brown

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Nov. 2014
excellent bed for our Boxer. Well made and much better than many others I saw.

HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
HP Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer
Offered by Ballicom International

4.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to set up and great quality, 18 Nov. 2014
Very easy to set up and great quality, fast printing. Truly can't think of any bad things to say when in everyday use.

Olympus LS-14 4GB Linear PCM Recorder - Black
Olympus LS-14 4GB Linear PCM Recorder - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality and easy to use., 18 Nov. 2014
Excellent recorder. I am a therapist and use it to record sessions with clients. Easy to use, unfussy and great quality. Only reason for loss of star is the price which is more than I wanted to pay. Then again, if I were to record a greater variety of things, probably worth every penny.

Schoffel Oakham Fleece Gilet
Schoffel Oakham Fleece Gilet

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper piece of kit, 18 Nov. 2014
I bought this gilet for shooting. The truth is I wear it nearly every day when I don't have to look formal.
Warm, well cut and clear quality. Not cheap, but a real example of you get what you pay for.
In fact i just realised I am wearing it as i write this review.

Sumvision Indigo LED Keyboard
Sumvision Indigo LED Keyboard
Offered by DigiDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Sept. 2014
i love this keyboard

The Kind Mama: A Simple Guide to Supercharged Fertility, a Radiant Pregnancy, a Sweeter Birth, and a Healthier, More Beautiful Beginning
by Alicia Silverstone

1.0 out of 5 stars Now The Science Bit, 27 April 2014
I'm sure Ms Silverstone has very good intentions and far be it from me to smash her parenting style. However, I find it troubling that throughout this book women are fed the ideal and fantasy about motherhood. It's a white privilege bible of mothering with zero supporting science or research. The author refers to vaginas as chichi's and hoohas. She claims vaccines are toxic and that you can keep a child disease free by feeding super foods. I think it's safe to say that if you're looking for grown up, sensible, wise advice on fertility and mothering, look elsewhere.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2014 5:04 PM GMT

Now You See Her
Now You See Her

1.0 out of 5 stars One Dimensional, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Now You See Her (Kindle Edition)
I'm a fan of the James Patterson Alex Cross series so I'm deeply perplexed by this plot, writing style, and story telling. The main charecter is supposed to be a woman who is a tough survivalist, escaping a toxic and dangerous relationship. However when simply questioned or challenged by a situation she pulls the lower lip, uses her sexuality or simply runs. Frankly, it feels manipulating and I'm not sure why the author feels he has to write women in this way.

The plot is to say the least, silly. It's not even worth spoiling to explain how silly, just trust that there is zero base in reality. There is nothing the reader can relate to here. The charecters throughout are supposed to be slick, some are multiple serial killers, and they read like bumbleing sterotypes. Why bother?

I'm saddened by this constant fast food literary habit. Even for a good quick read , it's not at all good. James Patterson is doing his craft a disservice regardless of the payday. These colaberations are really like shooting a fish in a barrel, lots of floaters, no challenge.

I've given it it 1 star only for the effort the author made by sitting down and typing it out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 12:00 PM BST

Panasonic Lumix GF1 12.1MP Digital System Camera 14-45mm Lens Kit - Black
Panasonic Lumix GF1 12.1MP Digital System Camera 14-45mm Lens Kit - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning piece of ket, 5 Jan. 2011
I have to confess, I am sad! I must be sad to fall in love with a piece of kit the way I have done with this camera. I have been looking long and hard for the right camera that combines quality and size as I travel a great deal to quite remote parts of the world. I used a Canon EOS digital SLR for a long time. I can't pretend that it will match a state of the art DSLR with USM lens, but not that far off if truth be told. As a compact, I used the Ricoh Caplio, which although excellent in good light, was poor in low light and downright rubbish with flash.
The GF1 is simply a joy to use. Easy, well designed and a solid feel to it.
The picture quality I find superb: great detail and contrast. Love it. The HD video is excellent as well.
The only downside, which has nothing to do with the camera, is the lack of suitable cases for the GF1. The suggested one from Panasonic is, quite frankly, pants.
Aside from that, top marks.

Page: 1 | 2