Profile for dundee10 > Reviews

Definitive Collection
Definitive Collection
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd forgotten what a great band they were, 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Definitive Collection (Audio CD)
Recently rediscovered Humble Pie via the Smokin'/Performance albums. I'd forgotten what a great band they were. The Definitive Collection is a great overview of their career. Let's face it, any album that kicks off with Natural Born Boogie has to be "Smokin'".

2 Meter Sessies [Us Import]
2 Meter Sessies [Us Import]

5.0 out of 5 stars I chose the "2 Meter Sessies" as it appeared to be a greatest hits of sorts, 21 Nov. 2014
I heard about Venice a number of years ago when David Crosby name checked them on one of his live albums as the "best vocal band on the planet". I tried checking them out at the time, but their albums were difficult to come by unless your were willing to pay exorbitant prices. Anyway, I don't know why but I tried recently and there are a number of their albums available on Amazon. I chose the "2 Meter Sessies" as it appeared to be a greatest hits of sorts. To the music - I really love this album and was so taken by the music that the following day I downloaded another two albums. As the Croz said their vocal harmonies are brilliant but it's not just about the vocals their all round musicianship is fantastic. Their style is loosely Eagles/CSN&Y/Jackson Browne (you get the drift). If you like the above mentioned you'll love Venice.

Shades of Blue
Shades of Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars This album should have been huge, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Shades of Blue (Audio CD)
I've owned this album for many years and bought a new copy "just in case" as I don't think it's officially available. JTG were a young blues band from Inverness and I regret that I was never fortunate to see them live. The song writing and musicianship is excellent and this is another example of talented musicians not making the breakthrough their music deserved. If you are a blues fan, it's worth checking the on-line sites to get a copy (obviously Amazon). You will pick it up cheap and you won't regret it.

CSNY 1974
CSNY 1974

3.0 out of 5 stars Too raw?, 20 Sept. 2014
This review is from: CSNY 1974 (Audio CD)
I'm a huge fan of CSN&Y in all of their guises, particularly Croz. For me, CSN&Y is a strange album. I like a live album to sound live and not just be a replica of the studio sound, however this album is often just too raw. Having seen CSN recently I appreciate that Stills now struggles with his vocals but on the evidence of '74 he struggled with live vocals even then. If you are a CSN&Y fan this is a must have, if you like CSN&Y but are not a fan as such, stick with the studio albums or check out the Crosby & Nash live albums particularly Wind on the Water (double CD, studio & live).

Tuckbox [Limited Edition CD Box]
Tuckbox [Limited Edition CD Box]

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Drake & John Martyn - Legends, 17 Feb. 2014
I am a huge fan of both Nick Drake and John Martyn and fail to understand how their music never received the "sales" success both artistes merited.
With regard Tuck Box, I haven't purchased it as I already own all Nick's work on vinyl (twice if you include the Fruit Tree box set) and have augmented it all by purchasing the CDs. If Tuck Box is meant for new fans then it's a great way to get all Nick's material at once, however I feel that it will be existing fans that purchase it. I also wonder why the Time Has Told Me album never receives a mention. Made to Love Magic does make it a bit redundant however unless I'm mistaken it still contains a non orchestrated version of Time has Told Me plus the Richard Hewson ochestration of I Was Made To Love Magic and doesn't deserve to be forgotten as part of the Nick Drake catalogue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 26, 2014 5:23 PM GMT

Cambridge Sciences StarPAD 4, 7-inch Tablet PC Quad Core CPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Android 4.4.4 (WiFi)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cambridge Sciences Tablet, 16 Feb. 2013
I bought this Tablet for my daughter who is currently living away from home, studying at University. Although she has an excellent Laptop, she is delighted with the Cambridge Tablet as it is easier and lighter to carry than her laptop and therefore it goes with her everywhere. Having a USB port on the tablet allows her to easily transfer data between machines. This is the business end. She is also making full use of the social functions. Later in the year she will be travelling abroad and the Cambridge Tablet will allow us to keep in contact - I can't think of a better travelling companion.

The Shyamalan Collection: Signs, Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense [5 Disc Collector's Edition] [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Bruce Willis
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed these films, 9 Mar. 2011
I originally wanted a DVD copy of The Sixth Sense to replace an existing video. It was cheaper tp purchase the box-set than buy the Sixth Sense on it's own. I enjoyed all three films.

To the Devil a Daughter (Wordsworth Mystery & Supernatural) (Tales of Mystery & the Supernatural)
by Dennis Wheatley

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 9 Mar. 2011
Dennis Wheatley was "the" author when I was at school, which wasn't yesterday. I no longer own any of his books and I took a fancy to re-reading something buy him hence this purchase. It is currently in a "bundle" of books to be read, so I can't comment on how it's stood the test of time. Condition and delivery by seller - excellent

iGadgitz Black Silicone Skin Case Cover for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation 8gb, 32gb, 64gb + Screen Protector
Offered by iGadgitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 9 Mar. 2011
Does what it says - protects ipod touch whilst allowing access for docking etc - my son is more than happy.

Griffin iClear 6127-CLR5G - Clear Hard Plastic Case For iPod With Video
Griffin iClear 6127-CLR5G - Clear Hard Plastic Case For iPod With Video

4.0 out of 5 stars More than happy, 5 Feb. 2011
This is my second puechase of this ipod cover. I only recently ordered an ipod classic and was looking for protection so I ordered this item. It arrived before the ipod and my daughter who was home from university liked it so much better than her existing ipod protective cover that she had to have it. I like the way it fully protects the ipod without affecting the display whilst giving free access to the control. Only slight draw back is you have to remove to fit ipod onto dock.

Page: 1 | 2