ARRAY(0xafa441a4)

Les 100 Plus Belles Chansons D'Hugues Aufray
Les 100 Plus Belles Chansons D'Hugues Aufray
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It is what it says on the tin, 7 Oct 2011
This five cd set is a marvellous introduction to anyone not familiar with M. Aufray's oeuvre. To anyone who is, there must be some tracks amongst the 100 here they do not already have. Highly recommended...

Live At Herod Atticus
Live At Herod Atticus
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Nana, 14 Sep 2011
I was lucky enough to be at Nana Mouskouri's debut London concert at the Royal Albert Hall way back in the late 1960s. That was a magical evening, but even that memory is overshadowed by this concert, her return to Greece in 1984.
The performance that night was a triumph; from the moment she swept onto the stage to ear-shattering applause, to the last notes of her final song, when the audience erupted into a storm of clapping and cheering.
The CD (and DVD) captures the essence of the concert, and I recommend both to anyone - Nana
Mouskouri at her absolute best!! PERFECTION!!!

Autumn In New York
Autumn In New York
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Jo, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: Autumn In New York (MP3 Download)
One of the first songs I remember hearing on the radio as a child was Jo Stafford's 'You Belong To Me' - another being in her incarnation as the gloriously-awful Darleen Edwards singing/murdering 'The Last Time I Saw Paris'. That was years ago, and recently I heard the first song again, which recalled her to my mind. Since then, I've made up for lost time and bought most of her output on download - including the brilliant Jonathan and Darleen Edwards sets! She had the most mellow voice - rather like a damn good brandy - just perfect for late night listening. Buy this, or almost any other Jo Stafford album, and you'll not be diappointed. Far from it...

The Lyric
The Lyric
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars SK & JT, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Lyric (MP3 Download)
A friend introduced me to Stacey Kent and her other half, Jim Tomlinson, saying 'try it',try it! I bet you'll like it!' I did, and was much taken with their artistry. So much so, I now have nearly all their albums. These two performers are class acts creating cool jazz.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7