Profile for Liveinhope > Reviews

Content by Liveinhope

Liveinhope

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Wild Irish Heart (The Mystic Cove Series Book 1)
Wild Irish Heart (The Mystic Cove Series Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 8 Dec. 2015
Rubbish poorly written

The Amulet: A Faedra Bennett Custodian Novel (The Custodian Novels Book 1)
The Amulet: A Faedra Bennett Custodian Novel (The Custodian Novels Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 14 Mar. 2014
For a book set in England there was so much americanisation, it was annoying. If your knowledge of English English is poor set the book where the grammar will not be out of place. Otherwise for a young teenage girl the book is a nice short read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2014 7:07 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 23 Aug. 2013
I bought this 'Big Wheel' for my grandsons, their father and his brother had one in the 80's that I bought secondhand from an American neighbour. They wore it into the ground they had so much fun with it. It is perfect for play as it is stable, with nothing that needs greasing or maintaining and it can be left outside - no fear of rust, and is light enough to go in the car with no problems. At the moment they are having a good time with it, even my youngest grandson who cannot reach the pedal loves it. He propels himself along down an incline and free wheels, no turning over as it has a low base of gravity. A good buy although pricey worth every penny.

Tala Jam Canning Set
Tala Jam Canning Set

4.0 out of 5 stars For jam, 15 July 2013
I bought this for a friend who I had been teaching how to make preserves, she loves it. I thought the metal work could be a bit stronger but we shall see.

The Guardians: Book One of the Restoration Series
The Guardians: Book One of the Restoration Series

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, 30 May 2013
A follow on with the same problems as the first book, I.e. grammar and spelling were distracting. I have come to the conclusion that it was typed by a person with little or no English just copying !!

Marvel Heroes Spiderman: Colouring Set (A4 Posters with colouring pencils and stickers)

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic, 30 May 2013
I sent this collaring set to my grandson who is Spider-Man crazy, he loved it but it is a basic book and pencils which would be half the price if it was not Spider-Man. I would buy it again.

Ossendar: Book Two of the Restoration Series
Ossendar: Book Two of the Restoration Series

3.0 out of 5 stars No Spell Check, 28 May 2013
I enjoyed book one and I have enjoyed this book, I will possibly buy book three, as I did enjoy the story and the characters. But why did the author not use spell check, the mistakes really annoyed me as I was reading the book. And I am dyslexic and used to seeing misspelled words but this was silly.

Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody)
Crocodile on the Sandbank (Amelia Peabody)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure bliss, 12 May 2013
I have read all of Elizabeth Peters books before over the years, I have downloaded my favourites of hers onto kindle so I always have them. This book is her first and best of the Amelia Peabody stories , the last books in the series are frankly boring and I have been unable to complete the last one. I have travelled down the Nile and visited a lot of the places that are mentioned in the book. It is a joy to read a book written by someone who knows what they are talking about and enjoy their subject.

BOBS by Skechers Women's Bow Down Yellow Ballet 39507 8 UK
BOBS by Skechers Women's Bow Down Yellow Ballet 39507 8 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Big or should I say huge., 24 Mar. 2013
Beautifully made but very big, I constantly walk out of them, which is a shame but I like the style.

Camel Active Women's Spark Trainer Peat Suede/Synthetic Nappa 104.13.08 8 UK
Camel Active Women's Spark Trainer Peat Suede/Synthetic Nappa 104.13.08 8 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 24 Mar. 2013
Beautifully made shoes, I bought them because I enjoy walking and I needed a shoe that was lace up as when I go downhill my foot slips forward and my toes start to hurt. I would give them 5 but they are a bit narrow and the heel is high so I have blisters on the back of my ankle. I have to let them heal before wearing again. But on the whole an excellent shoe.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3