Profile for Chronos > Reviews

Content by Chronos

Chronos

Need for Speed Most Wanted (Xbox 360)
Need for Speed Most Wanted (Xbox 360)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as it has always been, 31 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Although driving games have never been my preferred genre of gaming, I must admit to having a weak spot for the Need for Speed franchise, and this game in particular. I was a huge fan of the original Most Wanted and played it more hours than I care to admit. It is truly incredible therefore that I can come away from this game seeing not only a true reimaging but an improved game. Criterion have really turned this game into a masterpiece and the graphical design and level of detail is some of the best I have seen, despite the huge number of graphic heavy games released this year. The variety of cars and locations is brilliant and because they are all open to you right from the start you are very quickly able to chose a play style that suits you. This meant that I could choose the cars that suited the way I like to race and customise them to completely unrealistic but awesome proportions i.e. My little Corvette Zr1 was able to outrun the likes of Bugatti and Koenigsegg once I had it fully kited out.

The music track is also very good and the whole feel of the game is vibrant, full of energy and very exciting. There are some small issues, like a small drop in frame rate at some points, slight spawn issues in some of the races and some slightly irritating crash mechanics i.e. crashing against invisible objects, but there are easily overlooked when you play for any length of time.

When everything comes together in this game, as it often does, it is truly a mind-blowing experience and makes you feel like a true bad-ass. Some slight polish issues were enough to dock a star but I could easily recommend this game to anyone who has an interest in the racing genre or appreciates a quality video game. Criterion, take a bow!

Advancing Physics: AS Student Book Second Edition: Student Text Book
Advancing Physics: AS Student Book Second Edition: Student Text Book
by Jon Ogborn

2.0 out of 5 stars A real struggle..., 24 Aug 2012
Having used this text book for a better part of a year for my AS course, I have found it a very complicated book to use and have numerous difficulties with the quality of information and the quantity of useful theory. This is not a book that you can simply sit down a read, and takes at least 2 hours of rereading a chapter for any of it to make sense and to wade through the paragraphs of useless background information that is not necessary for the course. Some chapters were better than others, as I found both the sections on Quantum Mechanics and Materials relatively easy to use although the area on vectors is poor and should be avoided at all costs. As a teaching tool this book should not be used, but for revision purposes, where understanding has already been established it does carry some merit. There are better textbooks out there so use at own risk!!!

Speedlink Live Headset Adapter - Black (Xbox 360)
Speedlink Live Headset Adapter - Black (Xbox 360)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device for under £10, 29 July 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I took a gamble buying this product after reading very mixed reviews. I desperately needed something that would allow my PC headphones and mike to work on my xbox and this was the only device I could find that would do the job. At £8, I was happy to take a gamble and it paid off...I think. 9 times out of 10 the adapter works perfectly and feels suprisingly sturdy (although its not the kind of thing you want to step on by accident), although every so often my mike does not seem to work. Its not really a problem, as I just have to restart the xbox and it works fine, but is enough of a nuisance to drop 1 star.

It does the job as advertised and at under £10, you might as well give it a shot.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2012 10:13 PM GMT

Xenta Super Compact Wireless UK Keyboard - 2.4Ghz Nano USB Receiver
Xenta Super Compact Wireless UK Keyboard - 2.4Ghz Nano USB Receiver
Offered by Storage Depot Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Keyboard- Must buy!, 17 May 2012
Was looking for a small, compact keyboard to use with my Raspberry Pi and was really pleased with what this device delivered. The construction is really solid, and when I say solid, I mean REALLY solid! Dispite it being made from plastic it is strong and weighty and is very comfortable to type on. The keys are you classic plastic variety, but feel very different to a normal keyobard when pressed- having a good feel and are firmly attached to the main board. One of my pet hates about cheap keyboards is the tendency for the keys to wobble and come loose after a while, but as far as I can tell this is not the case here.

The wireless set up is simply a case of "plug and play" and the receiver is so small that you can easily leave it in your computer and forget about it. One slight niggle is that there is nowhere to store it on the keyboard itself, which means that if you want to take the device with you, it is very easy to forget the receiver.

Overall, I cannot recommend this keyboard enough. While the key layout might not be for everyone, I am yet to have any problems and can happily type away for hours if need be. If you are looking for a portable keyboard that is small and well built, look no further!

Trust 10 Port USB 2.0 Power Hub
Trust 10 Port USB 2.0 Power Hub

4.0 out of 5 stars Great hub...shame about the power!, 17 May 2012
Bought this device to add additional ports to my Raspberry Pi, and was not disappointed with the product. Strong, light, good design and of course, has plenty of ports for me to plug in all of my extra stuff. Shame it didn't have the power to run everything I wanted it to run. This is not a reflection on the hub itself, but simply of my estimations on what it could do. Attempting to run a mini-computer, mouse, keyboard, wireless dongle and external hard drive obviously isn't going to work, but it does mean I will have to look for a new one if I am to get the best out of my equipment.

Great device if you simply want as many ports as you can get from a computer, but don't expect it to keep up the power supply for any number of powered devices!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2012 7:25 PM BST

Venom Twin Charging Cradle: Black (Xbox 360)
Venom Twin Charging Cradle: Black (Xbox 360)
Offered by Priferential Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin..., 1 April 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
After years of forking out for new batterys every few weeks, I finally got around to ordering some rechargable ones, and at this price I couldn't really go wrong. Postage was prompt and the box in which the cradel came was suprisingly good quality- both strong and sturdy. After a 2 minute set-up my controllers were charging and in two hours they were ready to go. Quick and simple.

The only down sides that I can see, and the reason I dropped it a star was the build quality. At £15, I never expected it to be brilliant, but it does the job even if it does feel a bit flimsy and plasticy. After all, it is the controllers I throw against the wall, not the cradle! The other minor issue is the fact that even though the controllers read as fully charged for hours, if I remove them from the cradle for even a second, without turning them on, when they are replaced the cradle spends 10 more minuets charging them. This doesn't change the fact that the controllers have always been fully charged every time I have wanted to use them, but it does make it hard to completely know if the controllers do indeed need charging.

Overall, a good product at a great price and does everything that you need it to do!