Profile for J. K. Marie > Reviews

Content by J. K. Marie

J. K. Marie "daisywooks" (Scottish Borders)

Page: 1 | 2
Waterdrop Blue Toilet Seat
Waterdrop Blue Toilet Seat

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Waterdrop Blue Toilet Seat
Snapped off toilet within a few months

Salter 1036 Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale - Black
Salter 1036 Slim Design Electronic Platform Kitchen Scale - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT BUT ONLY LASTED 18 MONTHS, 23 Nov. 2013
Excellent piece of kitchen kit but stopped working after 18 months. I'll probably go for a different one this time round and hope it lasts longer.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A very ice product, 7 Oct. 2013
This product arrived all the way from Shanghai very well packaged and makes lovely square ice cubes that are easy to prise out of the flexible silicon mould. Recommended.

The Complete Inspector Morse (new revised edition)
The Complete Inspector Morse (new revised edition)
by David Bishop

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT BOOK, 24 Feb. 2013
I am using this book to help me plot my own novel - how to plot red herrings into the narrative. This book is an excellent resource. Highly recommended. Brilliantly written.

Benidorm Christmas Special 2010 [DVD]
Benidorm Christmas Special 2010 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jake Canuso

1.0 out of 5 stars GRIM, 13 Dec. 2012
I frowned through most of it. I loved the previous series but this was RUBBISH. Never again. Past its best.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 14, 2014 10:55 AM GMT

Creed
Creed

5.0 out of 5 stars my first horror book, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Creed (Kindle Edition)
I have to start reading horror stories for my uni course and I was dreading it. Luckily I chose a James Herbert! Creed is brilliant. No nightmares and although its a bit scary in places I could cope with it.

Walking to Hollywood
Walking to Hollywood
by Will Self

2.0 out of 5 stars YAWN FEST, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Walking to Hollywood (Paperback)
Why use a long, complicated word when a short one will do? Some people think Will Self is brilliant. I don't! I really don't like his style. I only got a few pages in to this book before I got fed up with reaching for the dictionary . I like to learn new words but he uses too many. It makes me wonder if he is being pompous and trying to impress his readers with his knowledge of complicated words.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 16, 2014 12:40 PM BST

Garden football goal net
Garden football goal net
Offered by Rajanis

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP RUBBISH, 26 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Garden football goal net (Sports)
This net lasted my 15 year old about two rounds of goal practice before it fell apart. I guess it would do for very young toddler footballers.

One Touch Power Grater
One Touch Power Grater

1.0 out of 5 stars HOPELESS, 26 Nov. 2012
My kids love cheese so I use graters all the time. This one is rubbish, don't waste your money. I use a barrel mechanical one - much better or my trusty old manual grater.

Deadlock
Deadlock
by Sean Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A FANTASTIC READ FOR CRIME NOVEL FANS, 12 July 2011
This review is from: Deadlock (Paperback)
The main protagonist, Ryan Lock is up there with Myron Bolitar, Harry Bosch and Jack Reacher. I loved this book and I couldn't put it down (apologies for the cliche but it's true!). This ticks all the boxes for me - great plot and great characters and great action. I am looking forward to reading the new one when it's published in August. I hope this book No 2 in a long line of Ryan Lock stories.

Page: 1 | 2