Profile for Keith > Reviews

Content by Keith

Keith

Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 - Jet Black (PS4)
Offered by Directory UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome kit, 15 Mar. 2015
I have two and am ordering a third. Contrary to a lot of reviews on here I haven't had the issue with thumbstick wear, and I am not exactly gentle with them. All I can think is that the vast majority of gamers with issues treat their controllers worse than I do lol. In any event it is one of the best controllers out there and works phenomenally well (with a quick driver install) for windows PC's

Hama AHA 15.6-inch Notebook Messenger Bag - On Tour
Hama AHA 15.6-inch Notebook Messenger Bag - On Tour
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Mar. 2015
Brilliant bag, snug fit for my y50-70, very nice inside and lots of pockets. Anti scratch compartment for the laptop which is good and the flap is large enough for a charger and a games controller.

Anker® 2800mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S5, I9600, G900F, G900H, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

Lenovo Y50-70 15.6-inch Full-HD 1080p Laptop (Black) - (Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5 GHz, 16 GB RAM, 4 GB Dedicated Graphics, 1 TB HDD, HDMI, Webcam, Wi-Fi, Windows 8.1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Beast, 23 Feb. 2015
Right well I read all the bad reviews (and all the good ones) and I have the following usage review after a couple of days of use:

The Good:

- Light (ish) compared to my work inspiron at least, and comparable to some lightweight ultra books Dell currently sell
- Screen (contrary to many reviews on here) is pretty darned good - better than my old sony and equal to my current inspiron
- Fast (oh yeah fast)
- Not too many bloatware issues - there is less on this than my old acer, asus, inspiron and Sony..... Plus most of them are asy to remove,and the majority of the ones remaining are just web links. Delete them if it bothers you.
- Install times for full packages (for example Microsoft Office) are amazing
- The keyboard glows red, its awesome, it is NOT as bad as the reviews make out. I type all day every day so I know lol. Maybe if you are a swooping eagle typist there might be a issue, but every keystroke that I actually make hits home lol. Also the keyboard is much sturdier than some reviews have made out, it feels pretty solid to me
- Awesome sound from the speakers
- Looks like an alienware case (shame there isnt a glowing sign on the outside lol)
- Trackpad is huge lol - Takes some getting used to but works better than my old asus - not as well as the Dell unfortunately
- Took 5 mins to set up (huge amount of windows downloading after lol)

I will add to this list as I continue using it I am sure.

The Bad

- Battery is pretty pants, but then i have everything turned on high so I dont expect much different.
- The case attracts smudges
- Screen Bezel is quite thick
- Number pad could be about half a centimetre to the right for comfort
- Track pad - I prefer physical buttons and not a clicky track pad - thats just me so its a negative for me and a positive for others
- At this spec the physical drive supplied should be a Bluray model (I am being picky here)
- Wifi card needs some attention, only works on 2ghz so I had to turn it back on on my router
- 12 screws to get to the innards is excessive IMO ;-)

Wifi itself is still under review by me, it is not as bad as some suggestions on here (I am getting 20mb connections) however I am also having internet issues at the moment and need to undertake some none wifi testing, however its performing averagely IMO neither good nor bad, I am just dissapointed that a thousand pound laptop has no 5ghz support.

I have probably missed something but honestly for the money and comparing like for like against Alient Ware et al, this wins hands down. It comes with 16gb ram, 4gb GTX860m, a Quad i7, hybrid 1tb drive and an FHD screen (I specifically opted for that over the QHD as - following some reviews of my own - I decided that while it was nice to have, it was pretty pointless without a double gpu setup for actually rendering games at high settings in QHD format)

The screen itself by the way is not as devoid of colour as some people are making out. Some screens are better than others, I grant you that, but this is not particularly bad in any regard.

It gets a full five stars because all of the negatives are really niggles which (lets face it) we would all have about any purchase at any price point if we were completely honest with ourselves.

Lenovo Ideapad Y50-70 Intel® 2500 MHz 1000 GB 8192 MB GeForce GTX 860M
Lenovo Ideapad Y50-70 Intel® 2500 MHz 1000 GB 8192 MB GeForce GTX 860M

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on Amazon, 20 Feb. 2015
I ordered one of these a week ago, and have had issues with every aspect of the order process. Amazon initially lost the stock (yes lost) and promised they were ordering more.... Long story short, it arrived today.

The reason for this review being one star has absolutely nothing to do with the performance of the laptop which is as yet untested.

The issues were:

1) The box had been previously opened at the bottom and badly resealed to avoid cutting the factory seal at the top
2) It came without the standard Lenovo external box which contains the external DVD drive (there isnt one in the maina body)
3) It had a 2gb GTX860m and not a 4gb GTX860m
4) It had a Spanish Keyboard (not a huge issue, but it wasnt stated anywhwre at the time of ordering that this was the Spanish Model)
5) It came from Spain, no idea why till i got it, but again this was never disclosed to me at all
6) It came (obviously given point 5, but still non the less irritating) with a Euro Plug, not a three pin one
7) I have now had to shell out for a second one while waiting for the replacement (confirmed as the correct model) is shipped to me and the refund for the original is issued

Customer service has been poor throughout and I have constantly had to request to speak to managers, the whole thing sucked. For a review on the actual product have a look at the UK (definite lol) one with 16gb Ram after monday and i will leave an honest review on its ability and performance.

What was actually in the box was a Core i7 (as per the description) with an old normal HDD (not the SSHD variety), 8GB DDR3 Ram (not DDR5 lol, doesnt exist outside of Graphics Cards presently lol) and a GTX860m 2GB, plus european lead.

Timex Expedition Men's Quartz Watch with Beige Dial Analogue Display and Brown Leather Strap T46971
Offered by Fuzion

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame on you amazon., 4 Feb. 2015
Awesome watch, but they dropped the normal price lower than the lightning sale about two days after I bought it. Was still cheap and looks lovely, but am very annoyed that the flash sale wasn't actually a sale, I feel conned!

ADDICT Men's Captain America Retro Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Blue, Medium
ADDICT Men's Captain America Retro Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Blue, Medium
Offered by James and James Footwear

5.0 out of 5 stars umm washes fine, doesn't shrink, 4 Feb. 2015
Its a Tshirt lol, umm washes fine, doesn't shrink, Im a 42 chest and medium is a snug fit (how I like it)

Anker® 3220mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy Note 4, N910, N910F, N910U 4G LTE, N910H, with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Battery, 4 Feb. 2015
As per usual awesome battery. Better than the original by about an hours worth of charge. If only they made a 4000mah I would buy it in a flash.

Well worth the money so you can use the original as your spare.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ming-Na Wen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little series, 6 Aug. 2014
Ignore the idiot saying that only fan boys will like it. I watched the entire series and loved it (mainly). Yes there are issues with it, but then they do not have the same budget which gets thrown at a blockbuster film. It isnt schlock, it is entertaining, and the twists and turns are worthwhile. For everyone wondering, yes there are some real superheroes in there, and some great origin stories to boot.

Vengeful Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Bad Games Series Book 2)
Vengeful Games - A Dark Psychological Thriller (Bad Games Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sequel, 2 Dec. 2013
what a fantastic follow up to Bad Games. I honestly cant wait for the third installment and can only hope that it is as much of a page turner as the first two. Every penny well spent, thought it was under two hundred pennies anyway so its very cheap for such a great read.

The characters are amazing, you even want to know more about the bad guys, the ending is superb and things happen that you don't want to hear, and all of that makes it such a great read :-) Im betting there is a trilogy film sequence in the offing lol