Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Osram Night Breaker Plus 64210NBP H7 12V 55W Twin Pack of Headlight Bulbs - Discontinued by Manufacturer
Offered by Tenerum

3.0 out of 5 stars Short life ....., 10 Nov 2013
Bought these bulbs in December and the 1st one blew in June, so about 6 months life which I don't think is good enough. The bulb blew while we were on holiday in Cornwall, so not having the time or tools to dismantle half my Ford S-max, I called in at Halfords to take advantage of their offer to fit a bulb for about £6. The standard bulb off their shelves matched the brightness of the other one of these which was a suprise. The other Osram bulb is still going strong but now I'm looking at bulbs for our other car - a fiesta , I just can't bring myself to buy these again.

Long Life Lamp Company LLLC27SMDCW GU10 5 Watt LED Super Bright PURE White Colour 50 Watt Replacement for Halogen bulb with New SMD Chip Technology 400 lm

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected., 2 Oct 2013
Have bought six of these over the past couple of weeks and am highly impressed. I had 12 x 50w halogen spots in my kitchen ceiling which have died one by one till only a couple were left. I had tried conventional led spots a few years ago but they were really quite dull. How things have changed - these surface mounted leds are super bright, much brighter than the yellowy halogens that I still have. I don't feel concious of the cost of switching on all the lights like I did before as 12 of these will use only 60w total not the 600w the halogens used ! Yes, they're more expensive to begin with but the light is better and they're paying for themselves every time you switch them on. Some people had mentioned a visible flickering but I can detect that in any of the ones I've bought. I understand the pure white version gives the brighter light. Will keep an eye on longevity and report back.

Canon PIXMA MG5350 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex) NO INK SUPPLIED

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant printer !, 2 Oct 2013
Really good quality printer. I'd made the mistake of buying a "bargain" multifunction canon printer from Argos for about £35. Of course it had combined colour tanks and to change either the black or colour cartridge was about £20+ each , with no compatibles available. I wasn't prepared to pay £40 each time so bought this model that has good quality compatible inks for about £6 for a full set of black and each of the individual colours. The printer does good prints and copies na dwireless was easy to set up - very pleased with it.

Bosch AHS 6000 Pro-T Electric Hedgecutter (60 cm Blade, 34 mm Tooth Capacity) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent hedge cutter, 2 Oct 2013
Fantastic hedge cutter. I chose it having read good reviews on amazon. My old flymo hedge cutter wasn't managing to cut even the thinner branches on my hawthorn hedge. I wanted to take a good 1.5ft off the hedge, which meant cutting through some really thick branches. I reckon i was cutting through some that were maybe 25mm + by going at them from both sides. It was amazingly good, more like a motorised saw. It has a good long blade and I didn't find it particularly heavy, maybe because I was able to do the job in about a quarter of the time it took with the old cutter. Highly recommended.

Antex 100W High powered soldering iron - HP100
Antex 100W High powered soldering iron - HP100
Offered by Pottsshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soldering iron, 2 Oct 2013
Having had two cheap irons from toolstation die on me within a year I looked through the reviews on amazon to try and find something better at a low price. This Iron has been great so far and has much more power for soldering heavier wires etc where the heat is quickly conducted away. The tip seems good quality, tins easily, the iron is in a different league to others in this price range or a bit cheaper .

Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard - Green
Coleman Sundome Beach Shelter with UV Guard - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars dodgy metal fittings......, 5 Aug 2013
We bought our Sundome just over a year ago for an up coming beach holiday. The tent was brilliant, easy to put up, good quality construction and the ability to zip the thing up when we left it unattended was a useful feature. Would definately have given it 5 stars on the return from our holiday last year. What has been a disappointment when we came to use it this year was that the metal zippers and the metal eyelets that hold the ends of the glass fibre rods had corroded quite badly whilst being stored. The tent was packed away dry and stored in a dry shed but maybe salt from the beach has had its effect over the year. The tent material is as good as new, no mildew but the zipper (only the bit you hold and pull) was covered in a heavy white powdery corrosion residue that jammed the zippers and corroded away part of one. Spraying with silicone lucricant and working back and forth with pliers has freed them up but they are weakened. For a few pence more why not make the metal fittings from stainless steel or even use heavy duty plastic rather than this easily corroded alloy zip and plated eyelets ?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 3:41 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Best toy I ever bought !, 3 Jun 2012
I've bought lots of things from Amazon over the years but this is the first time I've ever been inspired to write a review. I bought this helicopter for my 3 year old after he'd spent ages playing with a similar copter belonging to his cousin (but costing several times more). This helicopter is recommended for age 14+ so at 3 years old it was always going to be a bit tricky at first.

The copter has been bashed into everything from ceilings to floor, doors, washing machine,table and vitualy everything in the house and even garden literally hundreds of times. He could get it to climb ok but used to just cut the throttle at about 10 feet and let it drop. We broke the bottom skid but got new one for just a couple of quid. The thing eventually died after just over a week which disappointed me as I'd had so much fun too but a close inspection reveiled a small wire had come loose from the edge of the circuit board, I really couldn't grumble considering the hammer it had had. It's easy to access the workings, 5 minutes and a soldering iron easily fixed it and as good as new again.

Eventually the lower rotor stopped working, a careful inspection reveiled the motor had been jolted loose from it's retaining clip. Carefully eased into place and as good as new again and hasn't come loose since. I think if you have even only a little practical ability it's easy to replace or repair parts. There are ever videos on youtube showing how. My little lad has enjoyed sitting down with me and "helping" repair it. This thing has been unbelievably hammered for a month and is still working. My son still races downstairs in a morning to play with it even after a month. He can take off, hover and gently land it like a pro. Not so good at the steering yet but it's great to watch him learn.

At £16 delivered I can believe how they make it for the money but it's the best toy for children or adults I've ever seen. Worth getting the packs of spare bits for under a fiver just in case. I use an old phone charger with a usb type socket to plug the charging lead into, no need to get the laptop out or flatten the batteries in the transmitter by using the connection on the back to charge. Just about everyone who comes to the house has had a go ..... get one you won't be dissapointed, it's brilliant !