ARRAY(0xa1b604a4)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rubik's Snake / Twist
Rubik's Snake / Twist

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter's favourite toy, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rubik's Snake / Twist (Toy)
Apart from lego, perhaps. This has really stood the test of time. My daughter has had it for 2 years now and it is still the toy she takes to school. Good for memory and hand-eye coordination and perseverance; she wouldn't put it down until she had worked out how to go from the straight line to the ball.

Schlitten Davos
Schlitten Davos

5.0 out of 5 stars Goes like a train, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Schlitten Davos (Sports)
I bought this last Christmas, and my daughter spent Christmas day lying inside the box it came in...then, brilliantly, it snowed. This sledge moves very quickly! We could fit 2 daughters (8 and 4) and their dad on there comfortably. At one point with the dad and younger daughter it went so quickly that it left the ground before landing sturdily and confidently - much to the daughter's glee (and her father's terror). I'm glad I bought it - it has spent most of the year in the garage but we know we have a quality and robust sledge for when it does snow.

Bone Tones Mixed Tin (Pack of 4)
Bone Tones Mixed Tin (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely tone, 8 Dec 2013
I don't know much about guitars but my 9 yr old daughter is studying for her grade 2 and loves these. Certainly the tone seems very pleasant, and they are very pretty!

WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Red
WD My Passport 500GB Portable Hard Drive - Red
Offered by Fuzion

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to reformat it for a Mac, but only because I didn't read the info properly, 8 Dec 2013
I was so bamboozled by all the different types of extra storage devices that I ended up making the mistake of ordering one that wasn't configured to a Mac (even though I knew I wanted one that was...). This proved to be no problem with a bit of patience and online hunting and within about half an hour I had it working. It's also extremely pretty which, crazily, seemed important at the time. Strangely easy to use for a first-timer - I was really happy with it.

Bontempi 37cm Trumpet with Keys
Bontempi 37cm Trumpet with Keys

4.0 out of 5 stars Adequate introduction to music, 8 Dec 2013
This is the second of these that I have purchased and somehow seems flimsier than the one I bought several years ago, but I could be mistaken. Perfectly adequate for a 5 yr old marching band.

Half Moon Bay Four Coasters in a Sleeve, Star Trek
Half Moon Bay Four Coasters in a Sleeve, Star Trek

5.0 out of 5 stars Got these on my department's desks at work! Quirkily appropriate for each person., 7 Dec 2013
These are great. Everyone knows the original Star-Trek series, and they can become coasters appropriate to your friends'/colleagues' personalities - even the strangely erotic "Hailing frequencies open" Uhura one. I've got Captain Kirk on my desk because I like to think I'm in charge.

USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-E A4 SATIN PAPER ART PRINT
USS ENTERPRISE NCC-1701-E A4 SATIN PAPER ART PRINT
Offered by Vibranart Pvt Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit amateurish, 7 Dec 2013
Not as "Official" as I had hoped, but my 5 year old enjoyed having a photo of the starship Enterprise. I think it's the angle of the "photograph" that is a bit strange, foreshortening somehow the grandeur of what is an iconic shape.

Lion Set (Mask, Tail + Paws)
Lion Set (Mask, Tail + Paws)
Offered by One Click Wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought!, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lion Set (Mask, Tail + Paws) (Toy)
I'm always fatalistic when I order fancy dress things online, but this set was really successful thanks to the tail which sits perkily on the hips and wags around with a strange amount of realism! The mask was dismissed early on as uncomfortable (I think any mask is) but my 9 year old wore the rest long after her school performance had finished. She did look a bit like a cat, weirdly.

LAGUIOLE® - HORN - COMPLETE 24 pcs CUTLERY SET - in heavier 25/10 STAINLESS STEEL - blade: 2.5 mm (authentic French quality table colour flatware setting for 6 people - direct from FRANCE) - SUPER BARGAIN SALE!
Offered by FRENCH DIFFUSION

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. Wish I'd paid for the heavier set, 7 Dec 2013
I returned these (with absolutely no quibbles from the supplier who was understanding - and thankfully it was very clear that the customer would pay for the return but beware - this is to France!) because they felt a little lightweight and, for the price, I wanted something that smacked of sturdiness. I wish I had paid extra for the heavier grade because the design is elegant.

Staedtler ergosoft 157 SB24 Coloured Pencils Box 24
Staedtler ergosoft 157 SB24 Coloured Pencils Box 24

5.0 out of 5 stars Best colouring pencils I have found, 7 Dec 2013
These pencils give up their colour really really easily, and drawings are sharp and rich as a result. They do need sharpening a lot as a result, but this is a tiny price to pay for the joy that my daughters get from using them. They have never asked for felt tip pens, I think because the intensity of colour from these pencils, particularly when sharp, is rich enough for their artistic endeavours.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3