Profile for Django > Reviews

Content by Django

Django (Chesterfield)

All Through The City (With Wilko 1974-1977) (Includes Bonus DVD)
All Through The City (With Wilko 1974-1977) (Includes Bonus DVD)

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to review this - read carefully, 10 Aug 2012
Overall we've got to be grateful on this as the DVD is worth the price alone (see the other reviews)

However the thing to note is that (in my and many other opinions) disc 2 is problematic. It is mastered a lot louder than any of the other discs and as a consequence clicks and crackles along (again see other reviews) In all honesty you're better off with the previous pressings of both Supidity and Sneakin' Suspicion on this.

Other thing is that (again from the reviews) not everyone seems to have recognised the problem ? It isn't in your face, until you start listening carefully and then comparing to your other copies (assuming you have them). Sadly as another reviewer pointed out if this was the Beatles it would have been corrected immediately. However as I imagine there have been very few complaints in proportion to sales then it is unlikely to be corrected. Note I have now had access to five copies and all are the same.

I've have tried every resource I have got access to, to seek an answer on this problem. Initially I thought the problem was acknowledged by EMI and I was hopeful that a replacement disc would be produced. However the response I have ultimately had is that EMI do not think there is a problem. This is somewhat surprising at an audio level, if you contrast disc 1 and disc 2 for example the problem is very obvious - just do a sound wave comparison. However at a commercial level maybe the acknowledgement and replacement were never going to happen.

Ultimately in this case the buyer needs to be aware - if this problem is likely to annoy you then avoid, as no replacements are going to be forthcoming (and if you raise the issue it will be a world of hurt)

Cirque Du Freak (The Saga of Darren Shan Book 1)
Cirque Du Freak (The Saga of Darren Shan Book 1)
by Darren Shan

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 10 Dec 2008
This book is the first of the thrilling saga of Darren Shan. It starts the tale of the boy when he firsts encounters vampires and enters their world. I would recomend this series for all ages, but specifically young teenagers. (Or kids who aren't scared of vampires!!!! =P)

You Just Can't Beat It : The Best Of
You Just Can't Beat It : The Best Of

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value but be warned, 29 Jun 2008
This is an excellent value for money compilation as the other reviews can all vouch and I bought it based on their comments. Imagine my surprise however when I found that 'Stand down Margaret' is actually NOT the single version. Track 7 on my copy at least is actually 'Whine and Grine/Stand down Margaret' which is not the version I was expecting and specifically mentioned as missing in one of the reviews below ?? So if this fact is an issue then be warned, I have to admit personal disappointment as I had hoped this comp would have everything I wanted in the one place - but it was not to be.

O Lucky Man [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
O Lucky Man [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Malcolm McDowell
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent film, completing the availability of the trilogy on DVD, 29 Dec 2007
Posting this because I think the other comment is misleading. Do not be put off by the comment that it is is cut, it is definitely not cut - this is the 178 minute uncut version - the print is split over the two discs, disc 1 having the first 87 mins and disc 2 having a further 90 mins. In all it's an excellent presentation of the film and if/when it's released on R2 I would expect the presentation to be similar if not the same.