Profile for HK > Reviews

Content by HK

HK

RayGar® 6 VACUUM COMPRESSED STORAGE SAVING SPACE BAGS 100 X 80 CM Clothing, Duvets, Bedding, Pillows, Curtains
Offered by RayGar

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cost storage solution, 23 Aug. 2012
I recently made three separate purchases of these bags from Raygar, via Amazon, in sizes 90x50, 130x90 and 100x80.
I found them all easy to easy to use. Although the instructions appear comprehensive , they are missing some small but essential details . There are two removable caps; the large outer one is a securing ring that retains the transparent plastic valve membrane . Prior to deflating the bag you need to check that the membrane is centred (covering the hole) , before securing it with the larger ring . Then you are ok to suck the air out with a vacuum cleaner, before inserting and tightening the smaller stopper. I've found it best to use the lowest setting on the vacuum and to pause part way through the process , to reshape and flatten the bag and contents, making it easier to store.
For practicable everyday use, I'd recommend the 90x50 and 100x80 sizes. Blankets and single quilts will fit in the former, but for large double or king size, you'll need the 100x80. So far I've found only limited used for the very large 130x90 size, such as for storing garden furniture cushions.
Once packed and stored I remove and store the blue plastic `zip fastener' clips as they are easily knocked off and lost. Apart from these minor observations, I'm generally very pleased with the design and quality of this product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2014 10:13 PM GMT

RayGar 6 VACUUM COMPRESSED STORAGE SAVING SPACE BAGS 90 X 50 CM Clothing, Duvets, Bedding, Pillows, Curtains
Offered by RayGar

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cost storage solution, 23 Aug. 2012

6 VACUUM COMPRESSED STORAGE SAVING SPACE BAG 130 X 90 CM Clothing, Duvets, Bedding, Pillows, Curtains
Offered by SmashingDealsDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Low cost storage capacity solution, 23 Aug. 2012

Tanco Impex Car Charger to Main Charger Converter Adapter AC DC UK
Tanco Impex Car Charger to Main Charger Converter Adapter AC DC UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Car accessory, mains adaptor, 18 Jun. 2012
A sticker on the box warns that this device is suitable for mobile phone and sat nav charging only. However, I bought it to recharge small flashers for roadside emergencies; the adaptor worked fine without overheating. I'd suggest (with caution) that it is probable suitable for all charging functions, but not operating devices with higher levels of power consumption i.e. tyre compressor pumps, etc.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars BERGHAUS Deluge Overtrousers Black Large, 22 Feb. 2011
Having paid well below current RRP as these were offered in the January Sale, I was even more pleased after they were put to the test during a day's walking in constant rain. Pressure points from my back pack had created moisture within my coat but these trousers resisted and at the end of the day my walking trousers beneath remained perfectly dry. Much better than all the cheap over-trousers I have previously purchased and far easier to put on over boots and walking gear. My pal assures me they are also perform reliably when he uses them on his motorcycle.

Tiger Presentation Display Book A2 20 Pockets - Color: Black
Tiger Presentation Display Book A2 20 Pockets - Color: Black
Offered by AbbeyShake

2.0 out of 5 stars A2 Display Book, 22 Feb. 2011
30 to 40 sleeves would have been better, but really no other criticism of a good value product. Back to back it will accommodate 40 A2 size items. Very handy for displaying small posters and oversize memorabilia that would otherwise collect dust stored under a bed or some similar inaccessible place. I was sufficiently impressed to have ordered several more folders A2 & A3 size. However, the supplier Quickdraw were a disappointment second time around. A damaged folder had to be returned by sluggish Freepost. Quickdraw failed to note when it was finally received, failed to send me a replacement, failed to tell me that they were out of stock, had to be constantly chased at every stage of the process and finally didn't notify me when a replacement was finally snail mailed some 2½ months later. Tiger Presentation Display Book A2 20 Pockets - Color: BlackTiger Presentation Display Book A3 20 Pockets