Profile for millsie > Reviews

Content by millsie

millsie "millsie" (uk)

PG PowerGen 4A 20W Quad USB Wall Charger for Apple iPhone 6 6 plus 5S 5 4S iPad Air Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note 2 3 Tab 3, HTC One (M8) Motorola Sony Android Phones, Google Nexus, Designed for Apple and Android Devices (USB Cable NOT included) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful., 27 Jan. 2015
I've had this for a few weeks and am very happy with its design and functionality. I have attached usb leads so I can simultaneously charge 2 iPads, a nexus 4 phone and a Garmin golf Gps. Seems pretty speedy and will be handy to take on holiday in place of dedicated plug adapters. Oh and it charges my compact camera and cycling Computer too! A really handy bit of kit and good value.

Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad  	Waist 36-38" - XL Black
Tenn 8 Panel Viper Professional Cycling Shorts with Superior Pad Waist 36-38" - XL Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Bigger was good for me!, 10 Sept. 2014
I'm a slim 6 3" weighing 83kg. After reading conflicting views about size selection I up sized from usual 34 to 36-38. I'm pleased with the fit. The material is pretty stretchy but I'm glad I got the larger size. Quality seems good. I've done a 25 mile ride wearing the new shorts and the pad didn't feel any more or less comfortable than others I've worn although it feels a little less nappy like!

Large Folding Step Stool - 150kg Capacity
Large Folding Step Stool - 150kg Capacity
Offered by JMS Photos

1.0 out of 5 stars Very useful but didn't last, 29 Jan. 2014
I have used this several times most days since buying about a month ago. Its so useful when decorating or for any other job where you need a little extra reach. Much, much easier than heaving step ladders around the house. I'm 6' 3" and around 84kg and feel very secure even though the standing area isn't that large. My wife who is a foot shorter has found it useful too. I'm about to order another to keep in the garage/car.

Edit. Unfortunately it's not very robust and after a few months of use it broke in number of places and had to be trashed. Shame. As it was very useful until it's demise!

TP-LINK TL-PA211 AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Single Pack
TP-LINK TL-PA211 AV200 Nano 200Mbps Powerline Adapter - Single Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - instructions should be clearer, 9 Nov. 2012
I bought the TL-PA 211 kit last 8 months ago as had difficulties getting wireless in one upstairs room. As others have said the instructions could be a clearer as the adaptors are really quite easy to set. I have not used the utility disc which may have its uses but is not essential to basic first time set up. The essential steps are:

1. Plug in one powerline adaptor to a power socket near your router and connect with supplied cable to your router.
2. Plug the second adaptor to a nearby power socket (even if you intend to use the adaptor further away as once set up (i.e paired) it can be moved to its permanent position.)
3. Press the pair button on the first powerline adaptor (the one connected to the router at 1 above), count to 5 and release.
4. In less than 2 minutes go to second adaptor and press its pair button, count to 5 and release.
5. Your adaptors should pair (ie connect) within 60 seconds.

You then connect your laptop or whatever with a cable to the second adaptor and should be able to access the internet. If you wish to move the the second adaptor simply unplug and plug in to a different power socket. There is no need to repeat the pairing process.

These adapters have provided a reliable connection upstairs where I was having wireless problems. Excellent. No flaky wireless and no trailing cables all round the house. Highly recommended.

I was so pleased that I recently bought a further adaptor to connect my sky + box to use sky anytime. To add this adaptor, I simply pressed the pair button on one of the existing adaptors for 5 seconds and then plugged in the new adaptor near the sky box. Pressed the pair button for 5 seconds. Then linked adaptor with Sky box using a short cable. Job done! I hope this helps other buyers to get up and running without frustration!

Ps A 1 metre cable is supplied with the adaptor so no need to buy one.

Draper 45544 1,300-Watt Lawn Raker and Scarifier
Draper 45544 1,300-Watt Lawn Raker and Scarifier

1.0 out of 5 stars bad design and failed on first use!, 27 Mar. 2010
Like other reviewers I found that it failed to catch most of the moss even on the highest setting. As a result I had to stop the machine every 10 feet or so to clear moss from underneath before proceeding. This makes the whole process very slow / inefficient. What is the point of having a catcher which appears to be too small to catch sufficient moss? Nonetheless it did remove quite a bit of moss but after scarifying only half my lawn it stopped picking up any moss at all. Its very frustrating and I now have the job of dismantling and repacking it so I can return it to Amazon.

Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini Case For SLR and Short Zoom for Canon 550D, 500D, 1000D, Nikon D3000, Samsung NX10, PL1, Panasonic G2,  Sony Alpha A450 - Black Case
Lowepro Topload Zoom Mini Case For SLR and Short Zoom for Canon 550D, 500D, 1000D, Nikon D3000, Samsung NX10, PL1, Panasonic G2, Sony Alpha A450 - Black Case

5.0 out of 5 stars good for canon eos 1000d too, 5 Jan. 2009
I agree with everyone else who has been pleased with this bag. I wanted a bag for the canon eos 1000d with the 18-55 kit lens and the bag is a great fit. There is also room in the pockets for a few bits and pieces as others mention. Good quality and value.