Profile for Mr. R. V. Malin > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. V. Malin

Mr. R. V. Malin (Warwickshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor Blades Pack of 8
Gillette Fusion Manual Razor Blades Pack of 8

5.0 out of 5 stars For a face as smooth as a baby's bum!, 16 Jun. 2014
Great blades and about half the cost of buying from a supermarket - don't we all just love Amazon?! I've ordered these before from Amazon and they are always exactly as advertised. Beware though, there are some dodgy counterfeit razor blades on the internet which are not a good thing to be swiping across your face first think in the morning! Excellent item and highly recommended.

Gillette Fusion Proglide Clear Shave Gel 175ml
Gillette Fusion Proglide Clear Shave Gel 175ml
Offered by Bargain Genie UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of foamy goodness! Handy holiday sized tube!, 16 Jun. 2014
What can I say? A lovely little tube of foamy Fusion shaving gel. I use this with my wet and dry Philishave or (when I can afford them) Gillette's exhorbitantly expensive Fusion blades. (Actually I ordered this item with a pack of 8 Fusion blades which are currently available from Amazon at less than half shop prices.) No excuse for not having a face as smooth as a baby's bum!

Infiniti A4 Blank PhotoGlossy White CD Label (50)
Infiniti A4 Blank PhotoGlossy White CD Label (50)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great labels - shame no software supplied!, 16 Jun. 2014
These are excellent quality labels giving superb results, especially if you are including photos or graphics as part of the label design. They stick well and are very easy to apply, with far less chance of 'bubbles' or creases than plain paper labels.. I use a centre hole adaptor that was supplied with some different brand labels, which makes lining up the label to the disc's hole a doddle. I would have given 5 stars had it not been for the fact trying to find suitable software is all but impossible. In the end I designed my own template (using MS Publisher - other programs are available!) and I now have a quick and easy way of designing labels with text and image. However it would have been good if the manufacturer would give the option of downloading suitable templates. Don't be fooled by 'free links' - these often have unuseable templates (water marks etc) or in the end turn out to offer chargeable software. All that said, I've just ordered a load more of these while they are available at sensible money.

Sony DVD+R 120 minutes Spindle Pack of 50 50DPR47SP
Sony DVD+R 120 minutes Spindle Pack of 50 50DPR47SP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great discs - Zero rejects!, 9 Jun. 2014
With a 100% success rate, these Sony DPR47SP DVD+R discs (available in 50 & 100 tubs) have proved to be the best discs I have used in recent months. When you are duplicating large quantities, you cannot test each disc for faults so it is good to have discs that offer a zero reject rate.

Sony DPR47SP 16x Spindle DVD+R Disc (Pack of 100)
Sony DPR47SP 16x Spindle DVD+R Disc (Pack of 100)
Offered by Espace-Disque

5.0 out of 5 stars Great discs - consistent quality!, 9 Jun. 2014

Seagate Expansion 2TB USB 3.0 Desktop 3.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One & Xbox 360
Offered by Ebuyer UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Storage for the Price!, 9 Jun. 2014
In common with a lot of Amazon shoppers, I often look at all the negative reviews (1 or 2 star) and then all the more positive reviews (4 or 5 stars) before making an informed decision as to whether or not to place an order. It's important though to look at how many poor reviews there are compared to positive reviews. In the case of this Seagate 2TB Expansion the positive reviews outweigh the negative by about 8 to 1. Add to this the fact that more people will post a negative review (if they are unhappy with an item) whereas people who are happy with an item are often less inclined to be motivated into leaving a review at all.
So all that said, I was left with the impression that this drive must be pretty good, and certainly at the price it is currently available at, offers exceptional value for money.
Nicely presented and supplied with mains adaptor and USB3 cable. The drive requires no set-up as it is immediately recognised (I am using Windows 8 64bit) and all I did was delete a few Seagate applications to give a completely empty drive. The available space shows up as 1.81TB which is down the vagiaries of how hard drive space is calculated.
Unlike some reviewers, I find the drive extremely quiet and no issues with the mains adaptor. Speed of transfer is what you would expect of a USB3 device. I am using it exclusively for archiving home videos and photos, though for security I always keep the original tapes and DVD's as well as making secondary back-ups on another hard drive or my laptop. I have had hard drives fail on me over the years so you can't be too careful!
All in all I think the Seagate STBV2000200 2TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive can be recommended.

Bodies : The Complete BBC Collection Box Set [2004] [DVD]
Bodies : The Complete BBC Collection Box Set [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Max Beesley

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I miss this first time round?!, 14 May 2014
A fantastic series and far better than many of the current crop of TV drama series, either from the UK or USA. Well acted, very convincing but hopefully not totally true to life! (Though I fear it may be closer to reality than we would like to think!)

12 Moreinks Premium Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to Replace Epson T1631 / T1632 / T1633 / T1634 / T1636 / 16XL for WorkForce WF-2010W WF-2510WF WF-2520NF WF-2530WF WF-2540WF (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
Offered by The Ink Squid Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality compatibles!, 14 May 2014
These Moreinks compatibles work perfectly in my Epson WF-2510 and print quality seems more than adequate for general text and graphics printing. Excellent value and highly recommended!

Nespresso Inissia Coffee Capsule Machine by KRUPS - White
Nespresso Inissia Coffee Capsule Machine by KRUPS - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine - great price - great coffee!, 6 May 2014
Bought to replace our ageing Magimix Nespresso machine, this great little coffee maker is smaller and takes less time to make a cup of coffee! Very easy to operate, quite sturdy and accepts compatible capsules that cost around 20p each. Mind you, ours came with a selection of pods and a £40 gift card (you claim this after purchase) which can't be bad. Some of the compatibles are better than others so it's worth trying some different makes. That said, the originals available via Nespresso, (or John Lewis/Selfridges etc), are quite reasonable at 30-33p per capsule.
This machine appears in a variety of guises so it's worth shopping around for the best price, though I bought our machine direct from Nespresso which was as cheap as anywhere.

Epson WorkForce WF-2510WF Ultra Compact 4-in-1 Printer with Wifi
Epson WorkForce WF-2510WF Ultra Compact 4-in-1 Printer with Wifi
Offered by PC SUPPLIES

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Technology For The Money!, 18 Mar. 2014
Having used Epson printers for the last 20 years or more, my latest acquisition is this versatile all-in-one WF2510. Setting up on my main PC via USB and then linking it wirelessly to my laptop, took about 30 minutes all in. Print quality and speed is about par for the course, the machine operates fairly quietly and takes up as small a space as you will ever get for a printer with an A4 sized flat bed scanner. My main reason for buying Epson over the years has been the availability of decent quality, cheap compatible cartridges. With costs as little as £1 per cartridge (off Amazon, though other online suppliers are available!) this makes printing a very low cost affair indeed.
During installation I was careful not to allow the software to download any updates or even the latest drivers, for fear that Epson may have incorporated software to prevent the use of third party inks. Some online reviews seem to suggest this can happen so I won't be updating the software, especially as it all seems to be working fine. I have ordered some replacement compatible cartridges which I am hoping will work as well with this printer as they always have with my previous models. I will perhaps update this review when I have tried them!

Update - June 2014 I can confirm that compatible cartridges seem to work fine! I buy from Moreinks via Amazon. Cheap and reliable!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11