ARRAY(0xa7a98fd8)

Knitting Yarns and Spinning Tales: A Knitter's Stash of Wit and Wisdom
Knitting Yarns and Spinning Tales: A Knitter's Stash of Wit and Wisdom
Price: 9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars top down, 21 Aug 2012
A brilliant book that I will get loads of use from when i'm knitting my hand spun. I love that it is spiral bound so it will lie flat. The tables are clea and look easy to use. I have read threough some of the patterns but not actually knitted anything yet. The reciped for the different styles read well and I had no problem creating a sweater in my minds eye.

Spin Art: Mastering the Craft of Spinning Textured Yarn + DVD
Spin Art: Mastering the Craft of Spinning Textured Yarn + DVD
by Jacey Boggs
Price: 15.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Spinning Art Easily!, 14 Jun 2012
This book and DVD Spin Art: Mastering the Craft of Spinning Textured Yarnwas recommended to me by a spinning collegue and how right she was to do so.

By working through the book you build up skills and techniques like building blocks.

The pictoral, written and DVD instructions are all clear and precise taking you through the techniques step by step.

By following Jacey Boggs excellent tutorials I was able to produce an art yarn on my first attempt.

It would be useful to have the basic knowledge of spinning, how your wheel works, how twist is made, balanced yarn etc but I'm sure an adventurous beginner would have no difficulty following JB's instructions.