Profile for Gemzz90 > Reviews

LEGO DUPLO 6156: Photo Safari
LEGO DUPLO 6156: Photo Safari
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic set for all ages, 14 Nov 2013
I have to admit to having gone a little Duplo mad this Christmas, particularly with all the great offers which have appeared on Amazon. When this set appeared I couldn't resist, and after a long day with my three children, it turned up by courier and became a rather early present to kill time before bed!

I have a three year old girl, two year old boy and 8 month daughter. They sat together that evening and for hours since playing with this set. The detail is fantastic and I look forward to their growing interest in assembling the more complex designs possible. A good selection of animals with some moving features and a whole host of other fun and familiar accessories give me at least a great deal to talk about when playing with my three; presently, non verbal children. I highly recommend this to all Duplo fans and parents alike!

Fisher-Price Discover and Grow Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Discover and Grow Jumperoo
Price: 71.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What happened to e quality a Fisher Price?, 18 July 2013
For baby number three I decided that I would do away with my original Fisher Price Jumperoo which incidentally was fantastic, but with three children all under three, i couldn't cope with listening to the same music any more! So I thought I would give this one a try for a change of scenery and sound.

When it arrived I was surprised at how much smaller the box was....and upon opening it I was amazed to find a flimsier and much tackier product than the original. Now I don't know whether fisher price have changed the other Jumperoo to a similar lower quality as it was over two years ago I bought the first one. But this just feels cheap. From the seat which lacks the padding of the original, to the toys which are less vibrant in colour and that soft plastic you would expect from a budget brand.

I'm sure my 5 month old won't complain and let's hope she enjoys this as much as my other two did theirs, but I felt compelled to review this as it really did fall short of my expectations. Perhaps this is another example of companies reducing quality to fix price - though at its full retail of approx 109 I would be utterly disappointed.