Profile for PaulieUK > Reviews

Anti Dust Port Plug Cover Stopper fits Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Micro USB - Black
Anti Dust Port Plug Cover Stopper fits Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 Micro USB - Black
Offered by Inspire retail ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets lost easily, 9 Dec. 2013
It certainly does what it says it will do so for that they're great, but because the holes they fill are small these plugs are also small (although you can see that in the image). So if you are someone who regularly uses headphones or needs to recharge regularly you might find that unless you are extra careful these will get lost. They have nothing attached to them which is great for cosmetic reasons but because they're so small I lost my first set on the first evening.

V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Nero Black
V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphones - Nero Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 29 Nov. 2013
I bought these headphones during 'Black Friday' week. Originally these cost £170 and I managed to get hold of these here on Amazon for the amazing bargain of £59.99.

These were delivered within 48 hours and were well packaged. The box that the headphones come in is of quality material itself and you have to cut a ribbon and open a popper to get in to it. They have their own case, as shown in the picture, which is good quality, has an elastic padding area to store the cables and is great protection for the headphones.

The headphones themselves look a little flimsy but actually they are quite the opposite; they are very well made and very strong. The cables are covered with or made of material so they are stronger than normal cables.

They do have a great deal of bass but I like that particularly with movies (these sound superb with movies). The sound is crystal clear; obviously this also depends upon the settings on your device, i.e. the graphic equaliser.

Don't buy them thinking that they will block every single bit of noise because they don't; but when I listen to my music/watch a movie I find outside noise isn't quite so obvious. They do a good job of stopping music from bothering other people too; although that obviously depends upon how loud you have them.

If I am completely honest I wouldn't dream of paying £170 for a pair of headphones, I simply couldn't justify it. For these though I'd pay £100 and be happy.

Classic 1000 Cake & Bake Recipes (Classic 1000 Cookbook)
Classic 1000 Cake & Bake Recipes (Classic 1000 Cookbook)

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 Jun. 2013
Lots of wonderful recipes. Would have been nice to see some small pictures. I've bookmarked all the recipes that sound scrummy and I can't wait to try them all out.

Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Long-Sleeved Top - Black, Large
Sub Sports Dual Men's Compression Baselayer Long-Sleeved Top - Black, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars It is just the ticket...absolutely brilliant., 25 April 2013
I bought this to use as a base layer for when I go skiing in 2014. I bought one at £20 to see how it fits and feels and I am very impressed. I had a dickens of trouble trying to get in and out it! When I read the 'compression' bit I had no real clue what this was meant for but I figured if nothing else it might just stop my gut from wobbling (which it does - ha ha!).

I read that a previous reviewer says it is likely suitable for as a base layer for skiing and I would guess that it is. It is VERY comfortable, (similar to Lycra only more comfortable), and at first it does have that slight 'cool' feeling that someone else mentioned but it's not shocking and you easily get used to it. I can imagine this would be useful for joggers and cyclists and the such, particularly in the cooler months.

I am the kind of person who usually plumps for cheaper base layer clothing items, (that are often full of static!), but after receiving this I can tell you that will not happen any more. I shall be ordering a few more of these tops as well as some of the long leg tight/legging things to go with them. It will work out pricey in comparison but it will be well worth it. My buddy who is coming skiing with me tried this too and he is now buying some!

I have noticed that some people suggest buying a size bigger; I'm guessing this is where the 'compression' part comes in and I figure that it is meant to feel tight. Each to our own I guess but I would recommend that you buy your normal clothing size first.

Buy this long sleeve top...you won't regret it.

JVC HA-FX34-BE - In Ear Marshmallow Headphones - Black
JVC HA-FX34-BE - In Ear Marshmallow Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best earphones I've ever used, 18 Nov. 2011
I've paid lots of money for earphones in the past from Sony, Panasonic and more recently a £65 pair by Sennheiser but none are a patch on these. The sound is just brilliant and these block out most other noise. I used my old pair on my last plane trip and they did a wonderful job at blocking out the noisy plane. What is more they actually stay in my ears; most other brands I've tried keep falling out.

In true Amazon style, I ordered these Tuesday lunch time with the normal free delivery and I arrived home from work on Wednesday and they were waiting for me. Excellent earphones with excellent service. What more can I ask for?

iTALKonline USB Data Sync Cable Lead Charger for iPod, iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4 4S (2011), 4G HD, iPad (NEW Short Version 12cm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket!, 26 Oct. 2011
This did just the job for me. I use it to connect my iPhone 4 to my car stereo and its length is small but is enough to reach perfectly from my car stereo to my iPhone that sits on the shelf beneath. What's great is that I don't have a length of cable hanging around getting in the way of the gear stick! Since this is cheap I shall be ordering another couple; one spare for the car and one for use with my home computer.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: Video Game Guide
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood: Video Game Guide

1.0 out of 5 stars This isn't a 'walk-through', 26 Oct. 2011
I'm certain this was advertised as a 'walk-through' guide but it isn't anything near one. It contains what the author see's as tips which most people would probably pick up themselves as they play the game. Still it's free (at the time of writing this) so I can't complain. I won't be using it though because it doesn't tell me anything that I haven't already worked out.

Case-Mate CM011471 Tough Case for HTC Desire - Black / Gray
Case-Mate CM011471 Tough Case for HTC Desire - Black / Gray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great protection, 26 Oct. 2011
This does just the job and it protect every part of the phone including the corners. It's easy to put on and looks good too. The rubbery bits do pick up bits of fluff if you put it in your pocket but that's no big deal. It appears to be rather sturdy.

Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Griffin Survivor Military Tested Case for iPhone 4/4S - Black
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 25 Oct. 2011
I was looking for a cover for my iPhone 4 that would protect it completely and this does the job. The rubber protects the corners and it has a plastic (?) screen that not only protects my phone's screen but also allows me to still use my phone. It does make the phone rather chunky but this for me isn't a negative point. This will definately protect my iPhone and through all weathers too. Definately worth the price. Oh, and it took just a couple of days to arrive so all in all I'm a very happy chappy. Thanks Griffin! :o)

EDIT 26/10/2011: After using this for a couple of days I still stand by my original 5 star review however, I find it difficult to open the flap covering the rear camera. I also agree with the other reviews talking about the voice control because it does happen fairly easily. Overall though this is still a 5 star product.

Mobilizers: Premium Quality Round Design TPU Gel Skin / Case / Cover for New Apple iPhone 4 / 4S / 4G / HD (Black)
Offered by Alpha-Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just 'OK', 14 July 2011
It arrived very quickly and it's made of that rubbery/silicone material but it just doesn't quite fit my iPhone 4; the volume buttons don't line up. To be honest for the price I didn't expect much so I'm not going to the trouble of asking for a refund. If you want guaranteed fit, quality and aesthetic looks then buy something dearer. If you want something cheap that'll do until you can afford something dearer then this is just for you. Don't buy this expecting it to be the one to last the length of your phone though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5