Profile for PaulieUK > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Black
Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision Noise Isolating Ear-canal Phones - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars It's just ok ..., 20 Sep 2010
I previously had a CX400 which only has a short lead and needs an extension cable. When this finally gave up I followed the good reviews on this site and decided to plump for the CX300 II.

Good points :-
- Comes with a nifty carry case
- The cable very easily untangles
- Same great sound and bass as every other Sennheiser product

Bad points:-
- The cable that goes around the neck just isn't long enough*. This then gets caught on clothing and yanks the damn plug out of the ear. If you don't put it around your neck it the cable hanging down still gets caught on clothing.
- The ear buds weren't big enough for me so I had to use the ones from my old earphones. When I compared the sizes the biggest was the same size as the SMALLEST plug from my old pair.

*These earphones are okay for women or 'slight' built men, but if you're someone with a bit of meat on you then I'd go for something else.

Personally, I prefer a short cable with the option of using an extension; that way I can put my MP3 player in my top pocket without a metre of cabling hanging around getting caught up. After a lot of thought and after paying a whopping £45 for my pair of CX300 II earphones I've decided to buy another pair of CX400's.

Kodak ESP5250 Wifi Wireless All-in-one Printer (discontinued by manufacturer)
Kodak ESP5250 Wifi Wireless All-in-one Printer (discontinued by manufacturer)

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 5 May 2010
After reading many good reviews on lots of different sites and seeing that the product visually looked good I decided to buy the Kodak Easyshare 5250 Wireless All-In-One Printer. When I first got it home it connected very easily to my Windows 7 PC and was able to do all three functions although another PC running Windows XP couldn't connect to it at all and couldn't print or scan.

Two days later the wifi stopped working on the printer/scanner although my internet/wifi connection at home and was working fine. Shortly afterwards the scanner stopped working completely.

I spent hours searching for fixes online and 3 hours waiting in endless 'online queues' to speak to Kodak customer services (that's after being put through to 3 incorrect departments). The online staff were utterly useless and told me to phone them "...because it's easier" for them. So I phoned them and waited in another long queue to speak to someone who, after queuing for 2 hours, told me it was "...probably busted mate" and "...i'd get a new one if I was you".

So I did, I got my money refunded and opted for a Epsom Stylus SX515W all-in-one and this has been working perfectly ever since. Do you want my advice? Save your money and go buy something else that isn't made by Kodak, because;

* this all-in-one is cheaply made and breaks down easily
* if something does go wrong you will wait hours in a queue to speak to someone and will probably be put through to the wrong department more than once
* when you do get through, the customer service department wouldn't know good customer service if it bit them on the bottom and they really couldn't care less whether you buy this or another make

Update 20/09/2011: I just thought you might like to know that my Epsom Stylus SX515W all-in-one printer is still working perfectly and I have had no cause for a complaint.
Update 25/04/2013: As above, I just thought you might like to know that my Epsom Stylus SX515W all-in-one printer is still working perfectly and I still have had no cause for complaint. Not even with drivers. Just plug it in, switch it on, load the disk software and off it goes. Plus I believe these printers are pretty cheap now.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2011 8:53 PM BST

Never Mind The Bullocks
Never Mind The Bullocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly brilliant!, 23 April 2010
This review is from: Never Mind The Bullocks (Audio CD)
I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a music album, these guys are just the best! If you want a sneak preview of each then check out the album on the MP3 download page.

Zoo Tycoon 2 (PC CD)
Zoo Tycoon 2 (PC CD)
Offered by filmrollen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 19 Feb 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
This game is great fun I like it almost as much as RCT3 but unlike RCT3 this doesn't work on 64bit computers and microsoft haven't bothered trying to get it to work either.

Many months after writing this I loaded this game onto my Windows 7 PC and it works perfectly.

2nd EDIT (December 2013)
This doesn't work on my 64 bit PC now because I have too much RAM and there is no work around aside from removing RAM. (Which I won't do). Microsoft aren't interested in supporting this so this game and all the add on games that I have bought for it are now collecting dust unused.

HP XB3000 Notebook Expansion Base (Ensure to check the compatibility of your PC with this product before purchase)
Offered by Grumpy Greyhound

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Jun 2009
I ordered this Tuesday evening and it arrived Wednesday morning and I paid just £2 for p&p! So no hiccups with delivery or anything.

I was unsure what to expect but when I connected my HP DV9000 series laptop I was surprised and delighted to find that it works perfectly, and the sound is truelly excellent. It really does look cool too!

I really have nothing negative to say :-)

HP Notebook Bluetooth Mouse
HP Notebook Bluetooth Mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 17 Oct 2008
This is an excellent bluetooth mouse that is comfortable to use. It is battery powered (2 x AA) and batteries are supplied.
It's quick and easy to install the driver on the supplied CD, which also contains a user manual.
A great price for a quality product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4