Profile for Carl A. Pheasant > Reviews

Content by Carl A. Pheasant

Carl A. Pheasant (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Xbox One Console - Alien Mega Pack
Xbox One Console - Alien Mega Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Anyway this is a wonderfully fast, fluid console that, 3 Nov 2014
I have owned the lot from PS2 and PS3, XBOX, XBOX360 and finally committed (as a birthday present to myself ...) to buying an XBOX One. This time I did hold back on buying the XBOX (all the rest purchased on launch day) as day 1 far too often ends in pain. I am a big Microsoft fan but sorry this is a truism!

Anyway this is a wonderfully fast, fluid console that, although I am still getting used to it, I am very pleased with. The way the active application/game drops in to a window when required is impressive. I can't report back too much on the interface yet but it does take some familiarising with.

The Alien game is fantastic, not finished yet so a long way to go before I can provide a definitive review but I am currently a very happy man.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 8:00 AM GMT

Sony MDR-RF855 100m Overhead Home Wireless Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-RF855 100m Overhead Home Wireless Headphones - Black
Offered by SmartSalesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely clear sound and good bass. The missus, 6 Oct 2014
Lovely clear sound and good bass. The missus, who works longer hours than me, can get to sleep whilst I watch Family Guy ....

The Walking Dead Season 4
The Walking Dead Season 4
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars The best season to date, 6 Oct 2014
The best season to date. Was only going to buy a few until we had caught up to the TV series but it was so good we bought the lot!

Karcher WV50 Window Cleaning Vacuum and Spray Bottle
Karcher WV50 Window Cleaning Vacuum and Spray Bottle

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy even my daughter has cleaned with it, 6 Oct 2014
What a lovely, functional household tool. Been around the whole house since I got this and sparkling windows and mirrors and showscreens everywhere. So easy even my daughter has cleaned with it. Highly recommend.

Nokia Lumia 620 Sim-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Nokia Lumia 620 Sim-Free Windows Smartphone - Black
Offered by FONOGRAM

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone. I am a Microsoft fan and like ..., 29 Sep 2014
Excellent phone. I am a Microsoft fan and like Windows Phone a lot. The GPS software is fantastic so saved on a dedicated GPS for the car. Battery life I find to be poor but then that may be because I use it so much! The upgrade to Windows 8.1 takes the experience to new levels and could not be recommended enough.

Saturday Kitchen Cooking Bible: 200 Delicious Recipes Cooked in the Nation's Favourite Kitchen
by Various

5.0 out of 5 stars ... shelf but there are generally only a couple of good recipes in each, 5 July 2014
I have quite a few cook books on my shelf but there are generally only a couple of good recipes in each. This is full of good recipes and I have already cooked 4 in 2 weeks or so. The ones I have cooked have been lovely.

Use of Weapons (Culture series Book 3)
Use of Weapons (Culture series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite SciFi author, 12 Feb 2014
This is a short story collection, not his best but even then its still worth reading. He will be sorely missed.

Merrell Cham Wrap Slam, Mens Trekking and Hiking Boots, Green (Dusty Olive), 14 UK
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable walking shoes, 21 Oct 2013
Very happy with purchase but you do have to order a whole size up. I went for my usual half size up for walking shoes and they were a little snug to start. I didn't return them as something similar has happened with other boots and they gave enough to be a perfect fit; as these have too.

One word of warning. They are NOT waterproof so look to use for dry weather days and you will not be disappointed.

TBS PCI-E DVB-T2 TV Tuner Card High Definition Digital Free to Air Tuner (DVB-T/DVB-T2) Receiver - TBS6220
Offered by ARC UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Major improvement in MS Media Center TV reception, 8 Jun 2013
Bought this as my new PC only had PCIe3 interfaces and I have been using Media Center since it was first released. Finally I now have a tuner card which does justice to my HD TV and can show the Freeview HD channels. My only regret is that I did not buy the dual tuner card.

World War Z
World War Z

5.0 out of 5 stars Great perspective on the zombie holocaust, 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: World War Z (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't put this down even though I am meant to be studying. Recommended by my son who knows I have been addicted to zombie films since Shaun of the Dead. I believe a film is being made of this book and I will be straight to the cinema to see it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4