Profile for Helen Day > Reviews

Misty Falls
Misty Falls
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Misty Falls, 2 Sep 2014
This review is from: Misty Falls (Kindle Edition)
If you haven't already read a book by Shaun Whittington thenyoure missing an excellent British author. I've yet to read a novel by him that I didn't enjoy and could read in one sitting. What made this particularly special was the relationship between 'the healthy gang' and that life doesn't have to grind to a halt when you've retired. There is also a serious element to this supernatural tale and that is the terrible abuse some residents suffer in residential homes. This was well written and touching.

Bitten
Bitten
Price: 1.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitten, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Bitten (Kindle Edition)
The only negative I can say about a novel by Matt Shaw US they aren't long enough and I'm left wanting more. As usual, well written and suitably gory. A description I use for most of his books. Don't bother if you're easily offended! If not, enjoy.

Wink
Wink
Price: 3.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Wink, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: Wink (Kindle Edition)
This was an unusual horror. A supernatural tale set in the horror of a young boys life with addicts and violent parents. It took a bit to get going, but when it did I could not put this down. A strange ending, but overall a very good read.

Zoo'd: A Horror in Reality
Zoo'd: A Horror in Reality
Price: 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoo'd, 28 July 2014
I wasn't sure what to expect from this novel, however was very surprised. I don't want to say too much about the story itself and give away any spoilers, but I found this gripping. Yes there are a couple of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, but in no way did that distract from my enjoyment of the book.

Year of the Dead (Sustainable Earth Book 1)
Year of the Dead (Sustainable Earth Book 1)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Year of the Dead, 24 July 2014
This was a much more enjoyable read than I was expecting. It was a free download so I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. I'm a big fan of zombie genre and enjoy one that is a little different. With many apocalypse novels, the reader rarely discovers much about the source and I particularly enjoyed the alien element. Well written, gripping, exciting and gory. Would highly recommend.

Black Hour
Black Hour
Price: 0.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Hour, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Black Hour (Kindle Edition)
I'm a big fan of Shaun Whittington and Black Hour didn't disappoint. In my opinion, he is an exciting British author that I would highly recommend. I've noted mixed reviews for his work, but I've enjoyed everything he's wrote. What I particularly enjoyed was that a problem we often see in American schools applied to a school in a quiet English town. It was gripping and I emphasised with all the characters. Great read.

DRACULAS (A Novel of Terror)
DRACULAS (A Novel of Terror)
Price: 2.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Draculas, 12 July 2014
As a fan of the authors of this short story I wasn't disappointed. Graphic and gory, just what I've come to expect. Bit different, I enjoyed that each chapter was written from the perspective of individual characters, both human and vampire.

After the Cure
After the Cure
Price: 1.79

4.0 out of 5 stars After the Cure, 4 July 2014
This review is from: After the Cure (Kindle Edition)
An unusual twist on the zombie genre. The story beginning after the horror and civilization trying to begin again following a cure for the disease. I found it slightly confusing and a little slow at the beginning, but then it did get interesting and a decent ending. If you're a zombie fan then it's worth a read

Total Victim Theory
Total Victim Theory
Price: 1.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Victim Theory, 19 Jun 2014
I was lucky enough to get this novel as a free download. What a fantastic read. This is a chilling, violent thriller that is very gruesome (but not in a gratuitous way) Well written, gripping, tense, sad, violent with multiple twists that had me guessing until the end. This is not for the faint hearted, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and can highly recommend

Bitter Cold
Bitter Cold
Price: 2.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Bitter Cold, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Bitter Cold (Kindle Edition)
A good read, well written and suitably gory for a horror. A far fetched tale, but an easy enough read

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9