Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

MHP Computer Services 20m CAT5e RJ45 Ethernet LAN Network Patch Lead Cable
Offered by MHP Distribution
Price: 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 13 Mar 2012
Compared to other customers, I found this Ethernet to be crap. We have another Ethernet of similar pricing and spec, and we was able to achieve 31.6mb download (we are with BT infinity) whilst this wire could only achieve 3.1mb.
The casing around the wire feels paper thin and very lose against the inside wires, so no use if you plan it to be anywhere that it may get damaged by accident. Whilst it is cheap, you don't expect a company to sell you something so substandard, when I've bought wires for this price before and had a good product delivered.

Contacted the seller (memorycapital) since to request a refund on retuning it, and was informed I'd need to pay for the postage as it wasn't "faulty". I questioned what they meant by faulty, as the wire doesn't get the speeds it should, and have received no reply. Completely useless company!

Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money!, 8 Dec 2010
I actually paid more for these headphones as I bought them from Argos initially. I found them to be perfect for what I needed which was - Blocking out the mother in law when I was listening to music or playing games on the PC. Can't say much for the switch as it never seemed to make any difference when I tried it. Quite comfortable for myself but my boyfriend found them a bit bulky.

Unfortunately had to buy another pair as said mother in law hooverd up the 3 meter cord thus snapping it, but they are much cheaper on amazon then I paid previously.

Before I Die
Before I Die
by Jenny Downham

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Mar 2008
This review is from: Before I Die (Hardcover)
I have to say that this is one of the best, if not the best book I have ever read. It let's you experience so many emotions in such a small amount of time. I finished this book in around 5-6 hours. I couldn't put it down.

It's beautiful, scary, real and just so amazing. I would recommend this book to anyone, as it can really show you that even when death is looming near, you should enjoy life, whatever it throws at you.

American Gods
American Gods
by Neil Gaiman
Price: 8.18

4.0 out of 5 stars First of many, 17 Sep 2007
This review is from: American Gods (Paperback)
This is the first Neil Gaiman book I have read, and this was only because it was recommended to me by someone who has similar tastes to me.

At first I really found this book hard to get into as it jumps between characters and all seems a bit random. Because of this, I stopped reading a few hundred pages in, and started reading Neverwhere. After I completed that, I found it easier to read American Gods. I'm guessing this is because I was used to his writting style more.

Anyway, I really started to enjoy it, and connected with the main character Shadow. I loved the idea that there are gods of everything you could think of, and you could stumble by them at any time.

All together I'd say this is a great book, and I recommend you read it :)

Working For The Devil: The Dante Valentine Novels: Book One
Working For The Devil: The Dante Valentine Novels: Book One
by Lilith Saintcrow
Price: 6.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected surprise, 16 Jun 2007
I picked this book up after I read the blurb and it seemed interesting. The main reason I went for it I think is because you dont really get so many necromancy books lately, other then the Anita Blake series.

I was not expecting much, but what I got was amazing. I was instantly hooked on to Dante. She has a brilliant personality. I also found her demon protector very funny/cute in many ways.

The ending was heart-wrenching, but deffinately had me looking forward to the next in the series.

I really recommend this book to anyone who loved the earlied Anita Blake books :)

Epson Stylus DX4000 Multifunction Printer
Epson Stylus DX4000 Multifunction Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for college, 19 May 2007
I got this printer for my college work. I only mainly print text documents, some images, not of large resolution, hence why my black ink was gone after a month lol.

The ink is cheap to replace, its a gd little thing. Does as it says, nothing too fancy, perfect for college students.

Sleeping With The Fishes: Number 1 in series (Fred the Mermaid Trilogy)
Sleeping With The Fishes: Number 1 in series (Fred the Mermaid Trilogy)
by MaryJanice Davidson
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Mar 2007
When a friend at a book store recommended me this I wasn't so sure. But, I'm glad I did. The plot is great and I love the characters. Fred seems more realistic then some characters you read about in these types of books.. minus the tail and green/blue hair. I love how she reacted to the mens attention, very different from the usual thing. This is a great book to read for a laugh. I really am looking forward to the next one in the series :D

Sony WALKMAN NW-A1200 8GB MP3 Player - Purple
Sony WALKMAN NW-A1200 8GB MP3 Player - Purple

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, 6 Feb 2007
I really wouldn't recommend buying one of these MP3 players if you will be using it a lot.

The first day I got mine, one of the headphones literally snapped in half. I didn't mind as I thought it was my fault, even though I'd only used it once.. and bought another pair.

I had mine for around three months, and whilst the software for updating the MP3 is utterly rubbish, I put up with it.

After a few months, it was going even slower, and I had only used up around 4GB of space (out of 18gb). Then one day I reset the player to see if that would help, and it didn't. Not only did I lose the music library, but every time I tried to put the music back on with the software, it would crash and cause my PC to literally stop working for around 5 minutes.

Other then that, I do like some of the features on the actual player. The screen can be a bit annoying as it is so easy to scratch, but most MP3 players are the same. It has a reassuring weight too it, so you know it's there.

But yeah, I think I'm gonna go for an iPod next time :)