Profile for thelegendconnor > Reviews

Content by thelegendconnor

thelegendconnor

Page: 1 | 2
BenQ GL2450HM LED TN 24-inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2 ms GTG, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, speakers) - Glossy Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't go wrong, 10 Feb. 2015
60 Hertz refresh rate, 1080p, 24 inch monitor. An ideal monitor at a great price.
The only issue I've had with it is that sometimes when I'm studying, the glare from the screen irritates me, so I decrease the brightness. Personally, the darkest setting wasn't low enough but if you download a program called "Dimmer" it dims the monitor even further. If you use "Flux" it changes the tint of the monitor to match the natural setting of the sun colour which helps us sleep. A square base would have been ideal purely for my linear desk setup but I'll try to get over it...

Also, speakers are naff but they're monitor speakers so that is to be expected.

George Foreman 18471 Four Portion Family Grill
George Foreman 18471 Four Portion Family Grill

5.0 out of 5 stars love it love it love it, 7 Jan. 2015
Such a great bit of kit. As a student this thing is a blessing. Bacon is done in minutes, as are sausages. If you cook sausages in these put them in, cook them a little bit then cut them down the center so that you can open the sausage like a book and cook it like that. To clean, literally all you have to do is get a sponge and squeeze the water from it onto the grill. All the fat and nasty stuff slides off, and the rest is brushed off.

The only thing I don't like is the noise it makes, it makes a weird loud cracking noise when it's maintaining it's temperature.

Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower Case (ATX, M-ATX, Supports Bottom PSU Installation and Aperture for Cable Management, Anti-Vibration Rubber Stand)

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 7 Jan. 2015
It's ok for a first gaming pc I guess, I bought this because it was cheap and it looked like it had plenty of space in the interior. Now though I am not too fond of it. The first issue I have is with the fans: they are LED and noisy. I knew they were LED to begin with and I thought yeah cool but TRUST me it gets old. Its distracting from the screen and theirs no off button, its either fan with lights or no fan. They aren't very quiet either, you can really hear the air go through them and I get a really irregular noise with mine, as if its hitting something with the air...

Quick overview:
- 1. With all the protrusions, I'd say its unnecessarily bulky.
- 2. Standoff threads aren't always great.
- 3. Included fans aren't great, light and noise is distracting.
- 4. Fan capabilities could be better IMO. Very difficult to get top off.
- 5. Not very quiet.
- 6. Ugly design.

+ 1. Windowed portion of the side panel protrudes out a bit, which is great for taller heatsinks!.
+ 2. Can fit a very long graphics card inside (R9 280x windforce edition at 285mm in length.
+ 3. Cheap

Also, the standoff cutouts aren't great, when you put the brass risers in they are supposed to screw flush using no more force then your fingertips, and most of them did apart from one. For that I had to screw the screw into the riser before attaching the motherboard and really tiwst it in there.

Also, getting the windowless to slide back in correctly can sometimes be the biggest pain in the ass ever. Its easy to get in but getting it in properly is very fine work.

In terms of space theirs a fair amount of room inside, whats actually really handy is the windowed part, which rises a centimeter or two. What this does is allow extra room for large heatsinks which was really handy. Wish they had made it a square window though, although I suppose some might think of the design as edgy and cool...

For GPU space you will probably be fine actually, I have an r9 280x windforce edition at 285mm and it does just, and i do mean just about fits in there. But these windforce cards are some of the longest on the market so good effort.

The cable management is not great, if you have custom braided cables you should be fine. But with the normal chunky cables you get with typical power supplies it can get fiddly and ugly.

I'm also not overly keen on the fan capabilities, first of all to install any on the top you have to remove the top panel, instructions to which are not included. You have to have baby fingers to push 3 little notches on each side and then 2 at the back so that the top lifts off (with the IO leads). So theirs that, and the front fans really leave a lot to the imagination. This may just be with my setup admittedly, but as you can only have one fan low down in the front of the case, I really don't think you are getting enough air to your vital components. The cool air blows over the hard drive bays (which aren't removable, disappointing) but thats about it.

To conclude though, it has served me respectably for 4 months so far, although I will be upgrading to an NZXT H440 though.
My advise on this case would be to save some more money and get a better quality case like the NZXT or a fractal.

ALSO, you may want to consider cubed cases... They are small, but can still fit GPUS like the tian inside and decent heatsinks, and are just so much easier to carry around if you need. When I take this to and from university and to lan parties it's a loooooot of effort.

Corsair CO-9050005-WW Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition 120mm Low Noise High Pressure Fan Single Pack
Offered by ADMI Limited UK

5.0 out of 5 stars ... fan even though an AF version would have been better, but its very quiet, 4 Dec. 2014
Im actually using this as a case fan even though an AF version would have been better, but its very quiet, practically need my head right next to it to hear it. The hard drive spinning is louder. Good airflow. Should have bought 2

Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus (Dark Horse))
Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Volume 1 (Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus (Dark Horse))
by CLAMP

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic manga, 31 Oct. 2014
Really nice artwork in here, it's also pretty beefy so it should last you a lot longer then other mangas. I bought this for the storyline as I watched it as a kid, and although I don't remember much about it I definitely remember loving it so it was time to buy this and find out a bit more about this truly brilliant story.

The artwork is beautiful, with the coloured pages being a nice touch. Theirs a lot of love in this story so far, maybe even some controversial love but I won't delve into detail.

Truly great

iPhone 4/ iPhone 4S Premium Quality Screen Protector : (2 in pack-Front) by TUFFskinz (Anti Glare Matte edition)
Offered by TUFFskinz

4.0 out of 5 stars Great screen protector, 8 Oct. 2014
Great screen protector, the only down side really is that it claims to be "smudge resilient", this is not true.

Attack on Titan 13
Attack on Titan 13

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2014
This series just keeps getting better...

Intel Core i5 4670K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.40GHz, 6MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Offered by Unique Savings

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier, 8 Oct. 2014
If you're looking to buy this product, you probably should. This is a fantastic processor, a really great bit of kit. I overclocked mine to 4.2GHZ by just going into the bios and changing the CPU ration to 42. 4.2 GHZ is actually quite low compared to other overclocks ive seen though, using the exact same processor. This is still very impressive though, as you are getting AT LEAST 0.8ghz for free. More often then not I see these babies overclock to 4.5ghz with reasonably priced cooling units.

In case you're wondering whether to get this or the AMD FX8350 (or other similair products), the main difference between intel and amd is the price. AMD's tend to be cheaper but run hotter. Both brands will serve you VERY well though.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (120mm)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 July 2014
Great item. Comes with lots of different fittings for different motherboards.

Can be a bit fiddly although this was, of course, to be expected.

Instructions were a little vague but was enough for me to install it. This fan in particular has lots of youtube demonstrations on how to install it, typically with an LGA 1150 socket.

As others reviewers have noted, this fan is quite tall. It fits my Zalman Z11 plus perfectly fine, but this is a wide case. This fan therefore is not suitable for smaller cases. Also, the fan+heatsink is quite thick, so it may obscure some RAM slots. This was the case in my MSI Z87-G45 motherboard, where it would obscure 1 RAM slot. This can be countered by having the fan on the other side, however usually cases and rigs are designed to bring cool air through the front and then is dissipated round the back, so bear this in mind. You can of course change your fans to however you like.

When Idling. my cpu sticks to temperatures of between 28-32. I have not pushed my processor yet but I will put a performance result when I do.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase. I will update this review in a few months, I intend to do some gaming and maybe some editing on the pc so that should test out this cooler.

Note: This product did come with some thermal paste (not pre applied), which is fine but its worth a couple of quid to buy some artic silver compound instead. Good stuff.

Logix Books® GLP Laboratory Notebook, A4, Section-sewn, 5mm Scientific Ruled, 96 pages, Blue Cover (LOGIX-A4R-096-R)
Offered by LOGIX International

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 15 Feb. 2014
Have not tested many different lab books, however this one is of top quality. Paper is crisp and white, cover is firm, opens up flat, and wipes clean. Ribbon is a nice feature. Lots of detail in the first pages on how to use it. Not a flaw with the product at all, if not a bit pricey.

Using this for my BSc biology studies, in which I am doing a project. This notebook is perfect for my notes.

Page: 1 | 2