Profile for Ann > Reviews

Content by Ann

Ann "buybooks4u"

Page: 1 | 2
Siddhartha (Penguin Modern Classics)
Siddhartha (Penguin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 28 Feb. 2015
This is an incredible book and I know I will visit it many times in order to retrieve more and more.

The Underground Girls Of Kabul: The Hidden Lives of Afghan Girls Disguised as Boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome!, 4 Feb. 2015
This book opened my eyes to the injustices experienced by Afghan women. It is both fascinating and soul destroying, as you come to understand the lives these wonderful women lead. Read it, make your daughters, sons, brother, mother, fathers and friends read it. These women's voices need to be heard.

The Girl With All The Gifts
The Girl With All The Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 21 Jan. 2015
This book wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I didn't read any of the blurb and I am glad I didn't. I would not have read it if I knew and I would have missed an awesome book.

Carey keeps you enthralled all the way.

American Psycho: Picador Classic
American Psycho: Picador Classic

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint-hearted, 14 Jan. 2015
I could not put this book down but there was many a time I wished I could.

He shows the psychopathic mind and behaviour at its most horrific state. I will never read this book again.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling!, 5 Nov. 2014
I loved this book.

It is odd, strange, and beautiful. A must read.
I know I will read it again.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
This story grabbed me from the word go! Superb characters, full and detailed. Well worth the read. This is staying on my bookshelf as I will be reading it again.

The Dark Monk (UK Edition) (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 2)
The Dark Monk (UK Edition) (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 Sept. 2014
Fabulous characters, great story. Paints a incredible picture. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Highly recommended. Looking forward to his other books. Well worth a read

Sacrifice
Sacrifice

1.0 out of 5 stars Trash, 27 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Sacrifice (Kindle Edition)
I was enjoying this until the sex arrived. I liked the idea of the book but as far as the sex and the violence went it showed an inability to carry the story through subtlety and craft. I gave up the book on principle when he started to describe a male character's sexual attraction to a fifteen year old vulnerable female.

Tethered to the Dead: DS Lasser series volume three (The DS Lasser Series Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Food for thought, 12 July 2014
First I want to say I really enjoyed this book despite how he portrayed women. The women were horrid. I hope in the future he learns to write a female character in a more positive light. The women were neurotic, beautiful, sexualized, imbeciles, lesbians and victims. There wasn't one that instilled any for of respect.

So Mr Roughley more positive female characters please.

Sane New World: Taming the Mind
Sane New World: Taming the Mind

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 27 April 2014
Ruby writes with such insight, intelligence and humour, it makes this book so interesting and easy to read. Full of information and easy instructions to follow. Fabulous.

Page: 1 | 2