Profile for Grumpyrocker > Reviews

Content by Grumpyrocker

Grumpyrocker (Dorset, UK.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Cheetah Mounts APDAM3B Dual Articulating Arm (14" Extension) TV Wall Mount Bracket for 20-55 inch LCD, LED and Plasma Flat Screen TVs up to VESA 400x400 and 115lbs, with Tilt, Swivel, and Rotation Adjustment, Including a Twisted Veins 10' Braided High Speed with Ethernet HDMI Cable and a 6" 3-Axis Magnetic Bubble Level
Offered by SPN Imports and Services LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid bracket, 26 Mar. 2015
I was very pleased with this mount. This is the first time I have mounted a TV on a wall. But clear instructions and a package that featured all the fixtures and fittings I might need made the job relatively easy. This is a rock solid mount and I wouldn't hesitate putting a big TV on it. I've only used it for a modest 32". One thing to note though - the vertical bars one attaches to the TV are long enough that they can be slightly seen above the top of my TV - however this is partly down to the design of my TV which isn't flat towards the bottom and didn't allow me to fit the posts centrally.

Fujifilm X-T1 Eye Cup
Fujifilm X-T1 Eye Cup

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps in bright light, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Fujifilm X-T1 Eye Cup (Accessory)
While this cup doesn't quite feel as premium as the one that ships with the X-T1, I do find it better at blocking out extraneous light. One needs to take care to push it down firmly until it clicks - otherwise one can find the eye sensor isn't fully uncovered.

Peak Design Leash Camera Strap
Peak Design Leash Camera Strap
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

4.0 out of 5 stars Clever system, 26 Mar. 2015
Peak Designs system for securing cameras is excellent. The toggles are very pleasing and my only negative regarding the system is the size of the clips that hold the toggles - I'd like those to be smaller. Anyway this is a great multi-purpose strap - one can use it around one's neck, shorter from a belt, as an over the should sling, as a safety backup to another system. It's very versatile and comes with several spare toggles so you can use it with more than one camera, or any other device.

Peak Design Cuff Wrist Strap
Peak Design Cuff Wrist Strap
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

4.0 out of 5 stars A good reliable system, 26 Mar. 2015
I really like the Peak Design system, I find the little toggles to be really pleasing in an aesthetic sense. I did have a perfectly good Joby wrist strap that I liked a lot - but it wasn't something one could remove quicly when wanting to switch to a neck strap. The Peak Design system solves that issue. The strap feels very strong and trustworthy - I also like the design that allows it to be worn around the wrist neatly when not attached to the camera.

My only issue with the system is the clips on the straps that hold the toggles do seem a little large and clunky. Sometimes I found it getting in the way of using the camera. For that reason I bought the company's bolt that fits in the tripod mount of the camera, moving the strap away from the side of the camera somewhat.

FotoTech 2 In 1 Hot Shoe Hotshoe Cover With Bubble Spirit Level for Canon EOS-1D X/5D Mark III/5DII/6D/7D/70D/60Da/60D/100D/500D/450D/1000D/Rebel T5/T5i/SL1/T3i/T3/XT/XTi/XS/XSi/T1i /EOS M/PowerShot G15/G16/G1/G1X Mark II/SX50 HS with FotoTech Velvet Bag
Offered by Foto Tech

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 26 Mar. 2015
The item works well and fits into a standard hotshoe. Be aware though it is made of a soft material rather than being solid plastic - the result is a bit of a squash and a squeeze getting it onto the camera. And care must be taken that this process doesn't tilt the item in some way that renders the bubble useless. However a trained monkey could probably work this out after a few minutes and should have no trouble getting proper use out of it.

3 x atFoliX Screen Protection Fujifilm X-T1 - FX-Antireflex anti-reflective
3 x atFoliX Screen Protection Fujifilm X-T1 - FX-Antireflex anti-reflective
Offered by @FoliX GmbH

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 26 Mar. 2015
These were nicely packaged and came with clear instructions and a tool for helping to lay the film down bubble free. Unlike most of my efforts on my phone I managed to get the shield on my camera first time. I'm pleased with the result - I have confidence my camera screen is protected and the protector helps with glare.

[Upgrade version] Avantree Saturn Pro aptX low latency wireless / Bluetooth audio receiver & transmitter 2-in-1 adapter for streaming music or wirelessly watch TV.
Offered by AvantreeDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought a second one, 26 Mar. 2015
These things are so good that one week after buying my first I bought another - so now I can send and receive at the same time. These are a great alternative to expensive bluetooth headphones. I use one a lot of the time to make my portable headphones wireless when out and about - not having to worry about the cable connection to my phone.

I've also used them to send GMusic from my Android tablet to my hifi.
To watch TV with headphones on - one device plugged into the TV sending, the other on my headphones receiving. No latency issues. When I use my Sony PlayStation Gold wireless headset to watch 3D blu-rays I get terrible lipsync issues. With these aventree dongles I get none.

I haven't run into any problems at all. Pairing is easy. Charging is quick. Battery life is good. And very importantly - the sound quality is very good indeed.

The Diary
The Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Diary (Audio CD)
An amazing collaboration that results in a beautiful album - well two albums really. The story told is fascinating and very moving. The instrumentation is top knotch as one would expect from AAL, and Anneke's voice is stunning as always.

Anself Wireless Bike Bicycle Cycling Computer Odometer Speedometer Touch Button LCD Backlight Backlit Water-resistant Multifunction Green
Offered by Anself-UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 30 Minutes, 23 Mar. 2015
When the item arrived I checked it over and tried it out - waving the magnetic bolt over the sensor. All seemed to work fine. However in the time between testing it like this and fitting it onto my bike the sensor stopped working - or at least the sensor and main unit stopped talking to each other. I tried changing the sensor battery but with no luck. I have not been able to get it to register any movement over the sensor - even if I take it off the wheel and do it manually. A waste of £10.

tinxi® 20pcs Banana Plugs connector for High Speaker audio Cable Gold plated End screw OD 4mm
Offered by tinxi-shop Delivery from Germany, 3 - 6 days

2.0 out of 5 stars A little flimsy, 29 Jan. 2015
These are rather cheap and nasty. Some of them arrived broken and some with missing screws. I know they aren't expensive items, but one might expect them to be in one piece.

The items that weren't broken work fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8