Profile for Stifmeister > Reviews

Content by Stifmeister

Stifmeister (UK)

Wing Leader: Top-scoring Allied Fighter Pilot of World War Two (Fighter pilots)
Wing Leader: Top-scoring Allied Fighter Pilot of World War Two (Fighter pilots)
by J. E. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars All WW2 aviation enthusiasts should read this., 30 Oct 2011
Just finished reading this and felt humbled at the everyday exploits of this man and his colleagues during WW2. JEJ was at the forefront of many of the major events including the closing stages of the Battle of Britain, fighter sweeps over France, devastation at Falaise, Normandy, Berlin...all there in matter of fact detail with some humorous moments. Also describing the fear and panic when things were not going quite so well. He has told his story compassionately with many fond references to his fellow Canadian pilots.
To survive from almost the beginning to the end of the war without being shot down, his aircraft only getting hit once, nearly forty kills and numerous damaged and probables to his credit, in my eyes Air Vice Marshal James Edgar Johnson is a legend and amongst others, the like of which we will probably never see again!

What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography
What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography
by Alan Sugar
Price: 20.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Only book I've never been able to finish..., 18 Mar 2011
I didn't get this through Amazon and don't normally review anything much but felt I had to say something about this complete waste of my time. Being self-employed I thought it should be a good read and some reviews I read said it was.

I think I gave the book a good chance having got to chapter nine out of twenty and found that it consisted mainly of a bland 'monotone' narrative of the rise of Amstrad, without any sort of passion or insight into the man and what makes him tick.

For me the book was a non-event which has taken from xmas 2010 till March 2011 to read 218 pages of misery. I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2011 12:04 PM BST

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by 4GamersUK
Price: 7.98

3.0 out of 5 stars When it works it 's great.., 12 Jan 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this based on the quality and gameplay (single and MP) of the original CODs. I have to say that to me the single player experience is a visual and audio feast - nothing out there that comes close.
However, the MP and IWnet is a disaster and have spent most of my online time trying get/maintain a connection so can't really offer a fair opinion of online playing with this game.
Back to COD4 multiplayer for me.

A Manual for the Wearing of Orders, Decorations and Medals
A Manual for the Wearing of Orders, Decorations and Medals
by Andrew Hanham
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading, 8 Jan 2009
Managed to get hold of this and for a read from a world expert on orders and decorations you won't do better than this.