Profile for Tramps like us > Reviews

Content by Tramps like us

Tramps like us "Guitar bass and drums" (Surrey England)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Be Careful What You Wish For (Clifton Chronicles Book 4)
Be Careful What You Wish For (Clifton Chronicles Book 4)
Price: 5.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Archer hits the target !, 26 July 2014
Look I don't care if it isn't fashionable to like Mr Archer's books - I have never found them to be any less than enjoyable.
This latest in "The Clifton Chronicles" is as good as all the rest and I raced through it on holiday this year.
A five star read and I'm now eagerly awaiting the next instalment

Solo: A James Bond Novel
Solo: A James Bond Novel
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaken . . . AND stirred by this Bond !, 26 July 2014
Mr Boyd does James Bond better than anyone (excepting Ian Fleming)
A very very well plotted story with all the tiny details made a trademark by Fleming.
I'm not going to reveal the plot but suffice to say you will enjoy if you like Bond

Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1)
Beyond Hades (The Prometheus Wars Book 1)
Price: 2.78

4.0 out of 5 stars Escapist fantasy, 26 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book. It doesn't let up on the action from page 1 on. As a holiday read and for entertainment value it is up there with the best in it's genre ( whatever that may be - scifi or fantasy or a mix of the two).
It is pure hokum but well written. I'd compare to Matthew Reilly in style.
Whether I want to read another one is debatable but this is a good book and pretty cheap on Kindle

The Circle
The Circle
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary view of our modern world, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Circle (Kindle Edition)
This is an excellent book about a fictitious internet company whose ultimate aim is to know all that there is to know about everybody in the world. Their aim is complete transparency so that everybody knows what everybody else is doing.
Mr Eggers has produced a very scary book which shows quite how this could be taken to it's logical conclusions.
Think of all the information that we give out wittingly or unwittingly every day and you can see how this could (but hopefully would not) happen. A very thought provoking book which everyone who has ever posted on any social networking site should read and worry about.

Ollopa
Ollopa
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 10.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful album, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Ollopa (Audio CD)
I have most of the Banco de Gaia albums and this is, to my mind, up there with the best of them.
If you're into Toby Marks' music (and let's face it if you're reading this you probably are) you'll know roughly what to expect - which is good. This is nearly an hour of remixes of his latest album "Apollo" - hence the "remixed" title of the album - "Apollo" backwards. Stunning chillout vibe

12V Roberts Stream 83i DAB Radio replacement power supply adaptor
12V Roberts Stream 83i DAB Radio replacement power supply adaptor
Offered by Digidave
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 16 May 2014
The power supply for our Roberts radio failed - buying this was a whole lot cheaper than investing in a new radio ! It came very quickly too (thankfully) !

The Gaffer: The Trials and Tribulations of a Football Manager
The Gaffer: The Trials and Tribulations of a Football Manager
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Neil Warnock - the Marmite manager, 16 May 2014
Let me start by saying that I do not, and have never, supported any of the clubs managed by Mr Warnock. I don't really like him but, and here's the twist, I would love him at my club !
There's some very insightful stuff here on what it takes to run a football club these days and I have to agree with him that "new" managers these days, and he specifically mentions AVB here, are at a huge disadvantage as they have not had the grounding that Mr Warnock has had in the lower leagues and whilst he can reach back into the recesses of his mind and remember what he did to counteract a particular problem they cannot do that. No amount of theory can teach you what to do in a certain situation. The book is packed full of little anecdotes about various players and personalities and I found it a thoroughly entertaining read.
Highly recommended especially if you support one of the clubs he has managed

Brewer's Dictionary of London Phrase & Fable
Brewer's Dictionary of London Phrase & Fable
by Russ Willey
Price: 11.19

5.0 out of 5 stars London Calling, 16 May 2014
London fascinates me - so much history in what is, after all, a (relatively) small space. I love delving into books that reveal it's quirkier side and this book delivers all that you could wish for and more. Backed by the Brewers "brand" you know roughly the sort of thing that you're getting and, as I said, it does not disappoint.
If you have any interest in London I think you need to own this five star book.

Alba Sevilla Hat and Coat Stand Tubular Steel with Umbrella Holder 4 Hooks 6 Pegs H1750mm Ref PMSEV
Offered by CLP Discount Office Supplies
Price: 33.54

2.0 out of 5 stars Be warned, 13 Jan 2014
This is not particularly easy to assemble for one person - an octopus may have had better luck than me as you need at least three hands if not more. It looks OK and does the job but I found that you do need some sort of aid in assembling it

Lovin' Fire
Lovin' Fire
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Early stirrings of prog rock, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lovin' Fire (Audio CD)
I bought this album for one track - "Looking through cats eyes" by White Mule which I originally bought as a single (remember them boys and girls ?!) in 1970. In the wake of the sad death of Gypie Mayo from Dr Feelgood one newspaper report stated that he had been in this band and, as is the nature of these things these days (thanks Google) there was a link to this album which I bought immediately. Now this is an album cobbled together and containing a load of completely disparate bands all lumped together under the banner of "prog rock" but it holds together very well and has introduced me to a lot of bands most of which were completely unknown to me so I have to thank Psychic Circle Records for reintroducing me to White Mule and to opening my eyes to the sounds of The Warm Sensation and Left Side amonst others.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13