Profile for reader > Reviews

Content by reader

reader

Lanzarote Marco Polo Holiday Map (Marco Polo Holiday Maps)
Lanzarote Marco Polo Holiday Map (Marco Polo Holiday Maps)
by Marco Polo
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, large scale map, 4 Dec 2014
A great map, very easy to follow and well coded. When used in tandem with the guide book, we found some really interesting places. The only, very minor, drawback is that the map is a large scale, which is easy to forget at first! We would think somewhere was a guide 15 minutes away, but we arrived in about 5 minutes - this led to missing the occasional turn-off to begin with.

Lanzarote Marco Polo Guide (Marco Polo Travel Guides)
Lanzarote Marco Polo Guide (Marco Polo Travel Guides)
by Marco Polo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide book, 4 Dec 2014
Excellent guide book. It was our 1st visit to Lanzarote, and we planned some trips using the guide book before we left. We also bought the holiday map, which had a larger scale than the one provided with the guide book, so using them together made good sense.

Alaska Traveler: Dispatches from America's Last Frontier
Alaska Traveler: Dispatches from America's Last Frontier

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to go!, 20 July 2014
I've enjoyed Dana Stabenow's novels for a few years, so thought I'd give this travelogue a try. It is made up articles she wrote for Alaska Magazine who paid her to travel all over Alaska to write about life in the various communities. I found it fascinating, and could not put it down. As to how it would stand up as a guide today, I'm not sure, as some of the articles were quite old, and some places had closed before she finished the book. However, it really hooked me further into the Alaskan way of life, and I would love to go for an extended visit.

OXO Good Grips Upright Sweep Set
OXO Good Grips Upright Sweep Set

5.0 out of 5 stars it is sturdily built and the comb is extremely useful. The brush is the right stiffness for both ..., 20 July 2014
The set arrived on Friday, and I've now used it a few times. Although it seemed a bit pricey, it is sturdily built and the comb is extremely useful. The brush is the right stiffness for both floor sweeping and for brushing along skirting boards. If doing a large area, I use a normal brush then use the brush provided to sweep the debris into the pan. The lip on the pan keeps tight to the floor, so nothing escapes under the pan. Hopefully I will not need to replace this, but I would go for the same again.

Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light
Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Tetris Version 2 Tetrimino Light, 1 Feb 2014
It was a present for my daughter. She is delighted with it.It is very easy to use, and fun to design..

Never Tease a Siamese: Volume 5 (Leigh Koslow Mystery Series)
Never Tease a Siamese: Volume 5 (Leigh Koslow Mystery Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Leigh Koslow Series is fab, 31 July 2013
This book lives up to the rest of series - an entertaining, light mystery read, Leigh as cookie as ever.

The Rook (The Checquy Files Book 1)
The Rook (The Checquy Files Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Rook - excellent read, 16 Oct 2012
I really enjoyed The Rook. It's really gripping from the first page, anyone who enjoys the Rivers of London & Harry Potter (especially the Ministry of Magic), with a good dollop of humour should really enjoy this.

Better to Rest (Liam Campbell Book 4)
Better to Rest (Liam Campbell Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorry that this looks like the final Liam Campbell book, 18 Aug 2012
I just love Dana Stabenow's books. This was as good as ever, with a great characters, good plot and insight into Alaskan bush life. A pity that it seems to be the last in the series.

The Warriors of Amun
The Warriors of Amun

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be good, but...., 18 Aug 2012
This could be a great book, as the plot is quite good, but the writing is far too verbose. Description is good, but is far too detailed. I found myself missing out huge chunks to get on with the story.