Profile for Paul L. > Reviews

One Direction: Where We Are (100% Official): Our Band, Our Story
One Direction: Where We Are (100% Official): Our Band, Our Story
by One Direction

5.0 out of 5 stars Official Makes all the Difference, 21 Dec. 2013
Having previously made a very disappointing purchase of what turned out to be an unofficial 1D book for my daughter, I then saw & purchased this OFFICIAL publication, which made all the difference.

- Nice material & content
- Hardback (wow great value for the money)
- Good quality photos
- Nice quality paper

I'm so happy with this publication, it is a gift for my daughter, she will love it!
I'm sure any 1D fan would.

Tiger Standard Drum Stick Bag
Tiger Standard Drum Stick Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job... good quality., 12 Dec. 2013
A bag for holding drumsticks!! What's there to say?
The quality of the product appears to be good, I can see it holding up for several years of wear & tare.

Formula 1 Technical Analysis 2012/2013
Formula 1 Technical Analysis 2012/2013
by Giorgio Piola

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a gift I now want to keep for myself., 12 Dec. 2013
I'm not the worlds greatest F1 fan, but my cousin is, so I got this book for him. However I do appreciate the beauty of a well designed and crafted machine and this book definitely appealed to me, so much that I think my cousin might be getting something else.

I'm not sure how the technical detail and diagrams would appeal to the truly mechanically minded (motor heads) but I think this is one of the best impulse purchases I've made in months.

Great, content, colour and technical detail through out, a joy to look at.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2013 6:40 PM GMT

This Is Us: 1D Uncut
This Is Us: 1D Uncut
by Mr James A Desborough

3.0 out of 5 stars Not an Official 1D publication, 12 Dec. 2013
This review is from: This Is Us: 1D Uncut (Paperback)
For £5 it will make the 1D fan in our household smile.

However I was personally very disappointed with this purchase. The book is not an officially endorsed 1D product which was immediately evident once I opened the pages. All the pages are a matt finish on a medium grade paper, which takes from the picture quality and finish of the book. Again I'm sure my 1D fan will enjoy the facts in the book, but I also felt the overall quality of the material (text & photos) was not up standard. (Sorry Mr. Desborough)

I guess the hint was in the low price point.

Plastic Frame 3D Glasses Red and Blue/Cyan - For 3D DVD and Blu Ray - Anaglyph
Plastic Frame 3D Glasses Red and Blue/Cyan - For 3D DVD and Blu Ray - Anaglyph
Offered by Eridu Store Ltd UK - Same Day Dispatch

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the money, 28 Aug. 2013
What's there to say - they work!!
Similar quality to any cinema 3d glasses you get today at the movies.

Rayzor Professional UV400 Black 2 In 1 Cycling - MTB Sunglasses / Goggles, With a Clear Yellow Anti-Glare Clarity Lens and a Detachable Elasticated Headband & Inner Foam Padding
Offered by Sports Eyewear

3.0 out of 5 stars OK - you get what you pay for., 28 Aug. 2013
I wear my Rayzon glasses while on my lunchtime cycle - the build quality is OK, But the lenses are very difficult to clean given the foam protection around the back of the frames. It means the 4mm or so around the frames are never really clean.

but they are a comfortable wear and I do continue to use them.

Fisher Space Original Astronaut Retractable Pen As Used On The Apollo 11 Mission Memorable Engraving

5.0 out of 5 stars Would never leave home (or the planet) without it!!, 28 Aug. 2013
Not just because I think it's a "cool" pen - this pen is the BEST writing device I own. I've tried all kinds of pens over the year, even some costing several hundreds of euros, but this is by far my favorite.

Not just the great background story, the pen it easy to use, writes brilliantly (yes it even writes over oil & grease) excelling and novel locking mechanism. But my favorite feature is the "rough" part to the case at the base of the pen, it NEVER slips from your hand when writing like some other sleek metal pens might.

If you want one pen for life - this is the one.

Apollo: an Eyewitness Account by Astronaut/Explorer Artist/Moonwalker Alan
Apollo: an Eyewitness Account by Astronaut/Explorer Artist/Moonwalker Alan
by Alan Bean

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for an apollo fan..., 28 Aug. 2013
Not only an interesting account and easy to read account of Alan Bean's Apollo 12 mission, but greatly enhanced with Alan's fabulous art. I was pleasantly surprised when this book arrived, even as a used copy it was in perfect condition and a book you can pick up at any time and read from any point.

LED Lenser 7439 T7 Tactical Light (Frustration Free Packaging)
LED Lenser 7439 T7 Tactical Light (Frustration Free Packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light - but batter life could be better., 28 Aug. 2013
A magnificent light - bright,easy to focus, but battery life is a small bit disappointing. I have a number of other high intensity flashlights from which I get better battery life.

Would I return this flashlight?
Certainly not, a robust, easy to use flashlight. It has already come to the rescue on one late night power outage. And the belt clip/pouch is of great quality, the best I've seen.

Apollo 11 Saturn V Rocket (Plastic model)
Apollo 11 Saturn V Rocket (Plastic model)
Offered by Lightning-Power Product sales of Japan

5.0 out of 5 stars A magnificent build awaits., 28 Aug. 2013
While assembly is still required, I immediately opened the securely packaged box to find inside very details model parts. I'm building a number of other smaller scale Saturn models at the moment and none have the detail of this model, especially the engine detail.

Quite a large package it arrived in perfect condition - well done to the supplier for a prompt and carefully packaged delivery.

Page: 1 | 2