Profile for Miss K M Gardner > Reviews

Future Beauty Large Journal
Future Beauty Large Journal

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Future Beauty Large Journal
Love it as always! Papaya Art never fails in it's beauty and gravitas. I feel like their beautiful covers and quotes surround the innermost feelings and private thoughts I have journalled with a protective veil of wisdom.

The Science of Getting Rich For Women!: For Women Only
The Science of Getting Rich For Women!: For Women Only
by Wallace D. Wattles

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 Jan. 2014
I really welcome this book. I have found accessing many books of wisdom difficult and frustrating, basically because the masculine dominates the language. Referring to God as 'she' comes as a breath of fresh air to someone who is constantly irritated with the dominance of the masculine throughout the English language. It is about time this was addressed. The only issue I have with this book is that the person who changed the language didn't take as much care as was necessary for it to continue to make sense or maintain it's believability. It came across that they had just performed a blanket sweep over the text without considering the implications, such as referring to Jesus as she in quotes? I corrected my copy with my own pen. It is important for me to point out that this isn't a 'religious' book, it just aligns itself with universal truths and God is referred to in a Pantheism context. I found it refreshing to read a book that uses 'she' instead of 'he' throughout. For me it begs the question, should all our writings be available in both masculine and feminine language, where it authentically possible to do so?

Mechanical Bull
Mechanical Bull

4.0 out of 5 stars Review, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Mechanical Bull (Audio CD)
I have pretty much everything by the Kings of Leon, and this wasn't disappointing. It doesn't contain, what I would call, any anthems such as sex on fire or need somebody, but if you are a genuine fan of the Kings, you will enjoy the music melodies, subject matter and rhythms. I consider this a more introspective album than some of their others, one you can really connect with.