Profile for E. A. Bell > Reviews

Content by E. A. Bell

E. A. Bell (Manchester)

Travel Quiz (Usborne Quiz Cards)
Travel Quiz (Usborne Quiz Cards)
by Simon Tudhope
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 22 April 2013
This was bought for my son to give us something to do i the car other than computer games and he loves it - he's always asking for me to take it out and test him.

Funny Phonics and Silly Spelling: Ages 5-6 (Magic Skills)
Funny Phonics and Silly Spelling: Ages 5-6 (Magic Skills)
by Louis Fidge

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 17 Mar. 2013
A very good product which is well set out and interesting for children. It would be great if there were more pages to reinforce what your child is learning but at the end of the day, it's only a tool to help you and it would also be great if Letts did more of these. However, highly recommended!

Enjoyable English Age 5-6 (Letts Magical Topics): Key Stage 1, Age 5-6
Enjoyable English Age 5-6 (Letts Magical Topics): Key Stage 1, Age 5-6
by Glenys O'Connell

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Mar. 2013
Super Product well set out and interesting! Could do with more pages reinforcing what they're learning or more of these books but one of the best products of this type around.

Little Wizard's Maths Age 3-4 (Letts Magical Topics)
Little Wizard's Maths Age 3-4 (Letts Magical Topics)
by Lynn Huggins-Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 17 Mar. 2013
Excellent Product which my daughter has thoroughly enjoyed doing. The incentive of an ingredient for her cauldron at the end of each page has worked wonders in encouraging her with her numbers. Just wish Letts did more of these books.

Magical Topics - Science Ages 5-6 (Letts Magical Topics)
Magical Topics - Science Ages 5-6 (Letts Magical Topics)
by Lynn Huggins-Cooper

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Mar. 2013
As with all these books, well set out and interesting. I do think, however, it is a little simple though for age 5 -6 and I'm not sure my son learnt anything further from doing it.

Kids' French: First Steps in Learning
Kids' French: First Steps in Learning
by CRS Records
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 2 April 2012
I bought this to play in the car predominantly for my 5 year old as we're going to France in the summer but also for my 3 year old and they both love it. It's always put on at their request when we're in the car and after a couple of weeks of playing, they're happy to say hello, to tell me (and lots of other people) their name, their age and my 5 year old will sit in the back singing along to the songs. This is an excellent start to learning the basics but it would be nice to know if there was a series of these CD's so you could carry on the good work in starting to prepare them for learning a new language. I'm also getting a lot of questions about how you say other things in French so I guess I need to brush up on my own school girl knowledge!!

Dinosaur Mazes
Dinosaur Mazes
by Roger Moreau

3.0 out of 5 stars Aimed at older children, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Dinosaur Mazes (Paperback)
I purchased this for my 4 to 5 year old son as he loves dinosaurs and really enjoys mazes. He shows no interest in writing so I thought this book would help to hone his fine motor skills rather than to try and get him writing which he clearly doesn't want to do. However, the puzzles are quite difficult and I would say aimed very much at an older child as it's sometimes quite difficult to work out where to go so hasn't really suited our purpose.
It's quite an old fashioned style of book as well.

Script Of The Bridge (25th Anniversary Edition)
Script Of The Bridge (25th Anniversary Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars View from Hyde., 11 July 2010
At what they do and how they deliver it the chameleons are in a league of their own.Put simply - Glorious.

Tommee Tippee (10)Portable Potty Liner
Tommee Tippee (10)Portable Potty Liner

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 6 Oct. 2009
I have no complaints about this product - the bag is large enough to go over the potette with ease and can be done quickly in emergencies. The pad in the bottom quickly soaks up your child's offerings making it very easy to get rid of afterwards with little mess.