Profile for Thomas Robb > Reviews

Content by Thomas Robb

Thomas Robb "Hobmachine" (Bangor, Northern Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
All Over
All Over

5.0 out of 5 stars Stopped Dead In My Tracks, 1 May 2015
This review is from: All Over (Audio CD)
On playing this as ambient music to my evening chores in my DOMEcile , was astonished when hit by Bluebird: consequently all labours came to nought.
This is simply a marvellous album. Marvellous in it's simplistic intricacy. Marvellous in the echoes from previous albums by E G Lewis. You can hear a lot of the past in here, but presented in such futuristic aural cinematography. Honestly , if you don't hear a dozen as yet unmade Nordic Noir classic films within these tracks, you may be already brain dead. Trust me, the pictures, visions and sights in this work are magnificent. Listen and travel.
A few days ago I bought the latest WIRE album and have been somewhat disappointed in it ( a reviewer more succinct than I claimed it was more of a GITHEAD work than a WIRE piece, they're right, it is). I know this album will get far more head-play than the WIRE.
It's perfect E G Lewis.
And as for the cover.......................Uppsala beckons.

Moon Crescent Rear Light - Red
Moon Crescent Rear Light - Red
Offered by Adventure Northumberland

5.0 out of 5 stars Blindin' !!!, 27 Mar. 2015
This little gem is a marvel. Weighs absolutely nothing, good rubberized mounting band fitted in seconds, choice of horizontal or vertical mounting, and will burn the yes out of you if you are as dumb as I am by looking into it, idiot style, when trying settings.
The "rave" setting is hilarious and will get you spotted miles off ( which is kinda the point), all of the other five are fine, too.
Delighted with this and don't get other criticisms regarding rubber grommet for USB port being fiddly.

ZOS Practical 10-40x50 E-SF IR SWAT Optical Scope Rifle Scopes Quality
ZOS Practical 10-40x50 E-SF IR SWAT Optical Scope Rifle Scopes Quality
Offered by rainbowmall

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lot Of Scope For A Little Money, 10 Mar. 2015
I have been looking at one of these for quite a while and after a lot of web searching and reviews on the net decided to take the plunge and buy one of these scopes, I asked myself, "How bad could it be?"
Well, actually, not bad at all. Firstly, I believe these ZOS scopes can be has under a different name from a UK supplier. Having bumped into this scope on a second hand rifle in my gunshop, I got a chance to see & handle one first hand and was impressed.
Removing all the snobbery of what I have read online about them, I feel there is a lot going on here for the money. Of course optical quality cannot equal a Schimdt, Leupold, Nikon or Swarovski, but then not every shooter can afford those prices ( I know I can't), and you would be very stupid to expect so. Turret "clicks" are not quite so crisp either as the big boys are, but, well, does it actually work?
Er, yes.
I have had this on a 6.5X284 for two outings at 300 yards and the damn thing brought home the bacon. Optical quality was ok in very dull light, the mag from 10 X up to 40X worked fine, and most importantly of all did not effect the bullet impact at all at 300. Zoom in, zoom out, no loss of zero. Three of my shooting pals where very surprised at how well they did with it, managing to hold the V Bull at 300 easily, and when zoomed up to 24 X, they could easily see the scoring rings on the NRA 300 yard target. Crosshairs could be a little finer, but again, everything about this scope must be measured against the price. IR reticule works ok, but I never use them so for me on any scope there an irrelevance.
On one UK varminting website, I did read a hilarious story of how someone turned up at a 1000 yard comp on Diggle range with one of these and won!!! The web site goes on to say there were a lot of pi**ed off high end glass owners that day ! Of course the nut-on-the-butt has a lot to do with it too.....
Scope comes with two spring loaded lens caps which do the job ok , but are not of Butler Creek quality, however also included is a sun shade which if bought separate on the net can cost upward of £30 depending where you buy one.
Overall very pleased with this scope. No, I wouldn't recommend taking a deer with it at last light, but for basic cheap as chips informal range work out to 900 on decent days for those on a budget, it punches well above its' weight. Worth it for the look of pure horror on the face of the shooter beside you on the same peg when you stuff him at 600 yards with it!!!

NB, this arrived all the way from China in 7 days which was incredible for the postage

kwmobile® Car mount for Nokia Lumia 830 - Mobile phone fits in the mount with case or cover!
Offered by KW-Commerce

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap As Chips But It Works., 5 Mar. 2015
Cheap As Chips and maybe not that subtle design wise, but must confess the damn thing actually works. Suction cup very efficient and holds phone rather well: it was tested over some of County Kildare's back roads today and if it was gonna get bounced out of the cradle anywhere it was here. Nice touch is the feet which fold out giving a very secure hold.
Device may be lacking something in the style dept, but if it had been designed by Philip Starck it'd cost £300.....
It works and does a good job and at that price I can live with it's "Transformer" looks.

teKKno® Nokia LUMIA 830 [Complete Slim Protection] Stylish Defender Heavy Duty Shock Proof Case Cover with Back Stand Incl. LCD Guard + Cloth (Red)
Offered by teKKno

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky & Funky, 26 Feb. 2015
Very reasonable price, quick del and fit and finish are very good. leased that it ahs cool little stand in the back too. Device holds phone very firmly and this ought to save the Nokia when I drop the bugger eventually when getting in-out of car. Very good.

Popamazing Bike Bicycle Maintenance Mechanic Repair Folding Work Stand Mountain Tool
Offered by checknow

5.0 out of 5 stars A Stand Up Stand!!!, 19 Feb. 2015
Was taken aback at how cheap this stand is but was convinced by the reviews: all of them very high.
Have just taken delivery of my stand, built it up and having installed my Specialized Secteur Triple Sport, am amazed at how good this is for the price.
There are a couple of things I think you will have to watch out for, inasmuch that one has to tighten the blue knobs/wheels to ensure that there is no slippage a tad more than I would normally expect, but at this price , "so what?"
It may be that I have to do the odd bodge to keep the stand functional over the years, but again, at this price, who cares, I can certainly live with that.
Folds down very well and stores easily in the back cubby hole.
I have been looking at stands for 3 years now but could never settle on one: some are prohibitively expensive, others so cheap as to ring alarm bells, but this one I bought solely on the strength of the reviews ( the system WORKS!) .
Delighted!!!

OEM Simple Helmet Head Strap Belt Mount Camera Fixed Headband Adjustable Anti-Skid for Gopro Hero 3 2 HD
Offered by xyzqujinfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Bomb Proof, 27 Jan. 2015
You want to know how good this thing is? I don't even have a camera to mount on it!!
When I saw this on Amazon , looked at the excellent price, checked out the great reviews, I thought I had better get this thing as it would be useful for something or other as I do a lot of cycling at night.
Arrived fast from seller and I am blown away at the quality of workmanship and build quality.
It can be adjusted down small enough to go on my ugly bonce on its own yet is flexible enough to extend out to use on a cycling helmet. Rubberised insides of elastic strap is a great touch.
Y'know what? I think I will buy a second one of these before they get "discovered" and the price rockets.
Delighted.

LOCTITE WY1495032 2400 Strength Thread Locker, 5 ml, Medium
LOCTITE WY1495032 2400 Strength Thread Locker, 5 ml, Medium
Offered by Maintenance Solutions Ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars When It Needs To Stick, Get Stuck In With Loctite, 12 Jan. 2015
Simply the best there is: used on tiny screws that would loosen under high energy recoil. Perfect, job done!!

Logitech Keyboard K120 for Business - UK layout
Logitech Keyboard K120 for Business - UK layout
Offered by Toy and Gift Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Fingers, 10 Dec. 2014
Large-ish board with attractive colour and layout, very good value as it cost me 14 quid all in. Key action is a lot better than my old remote board and so I have reduced spelling mistakes by a huge amount, so no more threatening to punch the crap out of the old board.
Well pleased as this board punches well above its weight for the price,.

Hanes 7031 Mens Comfortsoft® Organic T-Shirt Khaki 3XL
Hanes 7031 Mens Comfortsoft® Organic T-Shirt Khaki 3XL

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang On!, 8 Sept. 2014
nice tee shirt of very high quality cotton which does not have an annoying size label sown into the back of the neck, which always scratches me and requires removal. Fit was exactly as described and am so pleased that I have just ordered some more: price superb and packaging excellent .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8