Profile for M Medler > Reviews

Content by M Medler

M Medler "Ella" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Destiny's Flame (Land of Destiny Book 2)
Destiny's Flame (Land of Destiny Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The real monsters are not always the ones you can see in front of your eyes - brilliant series!, 21 April 2015
I couldn’t wait to see what the cast of characters we got to know and love in Destiny’s Wings would be up to now. Who could have foreseen the disastrous consequences of saving the world from the darkest evil?
Siobhan, Arcus, Celeste and Tarnelius return in force, and their challenges are even more testing than ever before. Their enemies are more formidable, but what hits hardest, at least for some (read it and see who I’m talking about), is the nemesis of your own blood. Standing up to such evil is never an easy decision, and the repercussions of your actions can scar you for life. Dark times, well handled. Ethical beliefs and traditional values are unquestionably challenged in this nail-biting adrenaline rush.
The real monsters are not always the ones you can see in front of your eyes, and that notion is an eye-opener for more than one of the band of heroes who, once more, protect what is valuable. What is good without evil, light without darkness, peace without the struggle to make it so – these are questions that were dancing in my mind all through reading this book.
Yes, at its core this is an epic fantasy novel, but to me it was so much more.
Beautiful prose, an incredible plot delivered flawlessly, and clearly the promise of more adventures to come are only a few of the gems that make this exquisite novel shine. An exceedingly satisfying read, wholeheartedly recommended. You won’t be disappointed. I would love to see this series made into film.

Clarity - The Complete Series
Clarity - The Complete Series

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot say enough - this is one seriously good series (though it could do with a proof), 27 Mar. 2015
I cannot say enough - this is one seriously good series (though it could do with a proof). I hadn't even heard of the author when I downloaded the first book (which was free). Within hours I had bought the set. In not much longer than a day I had read it all. I am an editor and publisher, so I see lots of submissions. This is an author I would love to meet. Pleasant style, excellent understanding and finesse when using plot points and novel structure. Well done.

Fire Lust
Fire Lust

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful paranormal twist, 27 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Fire Lust (Kindle Edition)
The last birthday present he will ever receive is life itself. What a wonderful twist on a paranormal theme while keeping the storyline smooth and real! I’m coming to think R.E. Hargrave can write nothing wrong. Highly recommended.

Surreal (The Divine Trilogy Book 3)
Surreal (The Divine Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect ending to an amazing series, 9 Feb. 2015
What a perfect ending to an amazing series. The strong moral code of the protagonists made this read a powerful and long-lasting experience for me; I won't forget it easily. Their lifestyle didn't get in the way of their lives, and their lives enhanced their lifestyle. It's hard to imagine how this could have been a better story. R.E. Hargrave nailed it in more ways than one. Loved this whole series. You'll love it, too.

A Divine Life (The Divine Trilogy Book 2)
A Divine Life (The Divine Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful reading experience, 31 Jan. 2015
Much more intense than the first book in the series, this gave me so much to think about while I read about Catherine's birthday surprise. Same wonderful writing voice, same classy style, deeper emotion. Yes, I did shed a tear. Amazing book. Thank you, R.E. Hargrave, for a wonderful reading experience.

To Serve is Divine (The Divine Trilogy Book 1)
To Serve is Divine (The Divine Trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Erotica with heart, 30 Jan. 2015
After reading The Food Critic I jumped at the chance to dive into the Divine Trilogy. So far, I read the first and bought the second and third. I hate that there are only three books in this series.
Again, what happened was that I was hooked – pulled right in and drowned in emotion. Whether Catherine and Master, or Erin and Jayden, the characters behaved like normal people, people with history, own thoughts and passions. Yes, there is sex, and yes, there is that sub-dom relationship which is uncomfortable to some readers, but believe me when I say it is tastefully done, easy to understand and follow, and a pleasure to read. This book is not about the sex, it is about two people who overcome their limitations because they found each other, and together they found love.
And that is what sets R.E. Hargrave’s writing apart. Her erotica is about the people, about love and emotion, and ultimately, about life.

The Food Critic
The Food Critic

5.0 out of 5 stars Erotica with style, 30 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Food Critic (Kindle Edition)
What a lovely read this novella turned out to be! It warmed my heart and made me smile. Written in an easy style, it is fun and oh-so-tasty! The plot idea is simple – food critic falls in love with restaurant owner – but the characters are what really brings the story to life. There is depth and emotion, a back story and even the right sort of pecans… I read it all in one go, and I wish there was a second and third book in the series.
Hint, hint, R.E.

Highland Light (The MacGrough Clan Book 1)
Highland Light (The MacGrough Clan Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellently researched, 21 Jan. 2015
Despite the fact that I have read these books out of sequence, I feel the same pull to stay in the story as I did when reading The Twisted Laird. I want to stay with the MacGroughs. I love the characters, love the storyline, love the detailed descriptions – from customs to the work ethos, from cooking to the methods employed for building walls. These are not mere characters to me. They’re family. And I love them all.

The detail, vernacular, descriptions and reactions are all so perfectly woven, I hate having to turn the pages. I know I will finish reading this book in minutes, and I dread the end. There is no way I can give this books less than 5 stars. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

The Twisted Laird (The MacGrough Clan Book 8)
The Twisted Laird (The MacGrough Clan Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing historical - you must read this!, 21 Jan. 2015
The story begins with the aftermath of the battle of Culloden. Every male from the clan MacGrough went to stand by their King’s side, knowing full well they would not survive the massacre. The laird, whose responsibilities stretched further than present events, ensured the survival of his clan by ingenious means. I will not reveal what he did – suffice it to say it was very effective. From then on, a battle for survival ensues.

The only survivor and new laird, Edan, steers his people through the mire of dangers and prejudice rife at the time, and while their lives are not easy, the incredibly strong bond between these people enables them to prosper and move forward.

The author employs a great deal of Scottish vernacular in dialogue, in an attempt to give a better flavor of the time and place, and in this, she succeeded. At first, I resisted having what to me is an odd accent slow me down, but soon I settled into the rhythm of the characters’ speech, and loved my time there. I found I needed to get back to the book as soon as I could make time in my busy schedule. I missed reading about the MacGroughs whenever I was doing something else.

There is an enormous amount of detail in this book. I’m sure it’s taken days and even weeks of research, and for that I am grateful. I loved being immersed into the clan, and the atmosphere, and as soon I as I was finished with the book, I contacted the author and asked if there were any more. That is the sign of a good book. I loved that world, and I hated to have to leave it. I wanted back in.

One Night in Edinburgh (City Nights Series, book 7)
One Night in Edinburgh (City Nights Series, book 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Requesting a sequel without delay., 26 Nov. 2014
I need an Ethan. NOW!

If you’re looking for a high-end erotic short read, something with substance, a decent plot, and technically perfect, you will enjoy this. I’ve read several books by the same author, and I’ve found in every case her writing style to be fresh and clean; no frills, no flowers – just right. One Night in Edinburgh is just that, only with an additional layer of heat. You may need a fan. Or an Ethan equivalent. I don’t own a fan.
The protagonists are not away from each other for long, and that is a good thing in my opinion. There is good chemistry between them, and while they fall for each other incredibly fast, the situations and reactions seem real. I liked the fact that they acted like the adults they were.
Did I enjoy the read? Yes, very much so. I’m wondering whether there will be a night (or several) in London next. I wouldn’t mind it in the slightest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9