Profile for Mr. D. J. Martindale > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. J. Mart...

Mr. D. J. Martindale (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Cellucor C4 Extreme Orange 60 Servings
Cellucor C4 Extreme Orange 60 Servings
Offered by Supplemental UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great! Just remember to read the labels!, 14 Dec 2014
Appropriately titled. Never fails to give me the kick I need in my workouts. The first day I took C4, I beat my 5km time on a treadmill by 3 minutes.

Orange isn't too bad of a flavour. Quite zesty and hits the nerves but really doesn't fail to provide the boost. I would advise takers to first read the labels however. Different people have reported different reactions to C4. I get incredibly itchy shocks down my arms and face 10 minutes after taking. Friends have reported sweating a lot! Most of these seem to be normal symptoms (one dosage is equivalent to 3 espresso's!)

All in all, it works a treat!

Destiny (Xbox One)
Destiny (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great narrative, great experience, 14 Dec 2014
This review is from: Destiny (Xbox One) (Video Game)
2014's game of the year for me. I've left writing a review until now (had Destiny since Day 1 and waited for it's first expansion)

The storyline, whilst mostly untold, hooks you in to investigating and diving further into the game. Great narrative, great experience!

Bungie mastered the PvP market with their best known title, Halo. Destiny is no different. Very well balanced online engagement is you can look passed personal bias towards certain weapon types.

Titanfall (Xbox One)
Titanfall (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best FPS' in years., 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: Titanfall (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I'm very big on my FPS games and have been through multiple of the biggest titles; Battlefield, Halo, CoD, Medal of Honour etc, with Halo being one of my all time favourites. Titanfall is on the same level, in my books.

Truly amazing game and having the complete freedom to parkour free-run has given it a freedom that no other FPS has really ever had. Where you go, how you get there and how fast you get there makes all the difference in whether or not you score kills and win. Even if you don't pull off a victory, the fun you had is still a massive victory.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU
Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Xbox 360 Headset - EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and easy!, 5 Jan 2014
I've got quite a few pairs of TB's for my Xbox's so when I needed a new PC headset, I knew exactly what I wanted.

Instead of getting the usual cheap logitech headsets (which have served me perfectly fine for years) I opted for getting TB's exclusive for my PC and they've worked a treat. As an xbox headset, I imagine they'd be perfectly good for anyone who's on a budget and can't afford to spend £150+ on really sophisticated Dolby surround headset. In terms of functionality and compatibility with my computer - perfect!

Work well with Skype, music is crystal clear (and loud!) and I can be heard clearly down the boom-microphone.

Would recommend to anyone, for use with their PC or xbox, on a budget.

Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Xbox One)

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Call of Duty game, eh?, 5 Jan 2014
Another installment in the Call of Duty franchise. What's so different about this one to the many others that proceed it? Well, it's graphics are certainly impressive. The hype over the initial reveal about dynamically responsive fish and cutting edge occlusion culling (which just stops hidden objects being rendered) I would say is definitely winning it brownie points. CoD was never a game which focussed too heavily on it's GFX or realism so I'm glad some effort has gone into those this time around.

The campaign was good; surprising, but still good. Like most CoD's, the campaign was way too short, completable by any proficient previous CoD player in just a few hours. Even if you're a completionist and like to collect all of the little side achievements as you go, it still won't take you long to get through everything (that's also including watching all of the level loading cinematics) The only thing that really wound me up about the campaign, and this is a personal gripe, is the depiction of Sharks (SPOILER) in the campaign. Having to swim past sharks so they didn't attack you, and on site, they would rush over to you and maul you to bits, even if you shoot them first, is completely unrealistic and not accurate of their true nature. If anything, this is damaging to their reputation even more-so.

The online competitive gameplay (where I spend most of my personal time) is exactly what you'd expect it to be. It's really no different to any other of the Call of Duty games in terms of gameplay. You can select multiple perks (you can have up to 5-6 active from the word go) and killstreaks are again, what you'd expect. I'm not impressed with the maps, I can't say there's a single one I really enjoy playing on.

My favourite Call of Duty was Modern Warfare 2, and whilst I have a tonne or appraisal for it, one of the most negative and detrimental parts of the game, I feel, was the quick-scoping trickshotting element thanks to all of the 12 year old fan boy clannies. Sadly, in Ghosts, this is back in it's entirety. Whilst this is entirely the fault of the community, it does become a large proportion of your online experience and can quickly kill the game for you, like it has me. The spawn system is very questionable and frustrating. I haven't yet worked out how it decides where to put you, but I'm sure it locates the nearest enemy, and spawns you directly in their line of fire. I've put the pad down, calmly (after much raging), and walked away from the game thanks to nothing more than the spawn system. Something else that's annoying me, and this started in Modern Warfare 3, was needing to 'buy' your perks and unlocks with points you'd unlock for various kills, killstreaks and other game performances. I loved the way they were originally unlocked through progressive gameplay such as headshots, kills with a killstreak or distance ran. If the aim was to prevent boosters, in my opinion, has only made it worse as it's now easier to gain the points to earn unlocks as a result. The dedicated servers, what dedicated servers? No really, what dedicated servers? If anyone has any real evidence these exist, I'd love to see it. Players still have an enormous advantage over others thanks to their internet connections. I've been running away from fire, been well around a corner and died, watched the kill cam only to see that I haven't even approached the corner yet. Another, calm, exit from the game for me everytime that happens.

There are other cool little game modes such as extinction and squads. Similar to Black Ops Zombies, Extinction is just a round by round swarm of Alien's you have to press back and destroy but killing hivemind type aliens. The AI are fairly consistent each round and can be played amongst friends. Squads is not too different and very similar to the Modern Warfare 2 version of Spec Ops. Completing various missions against the clock etc.

All in all, it's a fun game with many cool non-competitive fun modes, such as squads and extinction, that you and your friends can get a few laughs out of and really burn the evening away with. But it's not as 'revolutionary' as it was made out to be. The GFX are impressive and I did enjoy the campaign (despite it being short) but you could pick up any of the previous generation Call of Duty games and play those online and get a similar, if not better, experience playing those online. Since this is what most people are going to get this game for, my recommendation would be to stick with your previous games as you'd of already unlocked everything you needed, got the prestige you want and will know the maps. You'll have more fun on there than you will here even if you put the time into it.

1.5m/60" Round Fabric Tape Measure with Casing
1.5m/60" Round Fabric Tape Measure with Casing
Offered by IMPERIAL HOUSEWARES

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Measured' up beyond expectation., 5 Jan 2014
Cheesy title, I'm sorry...

I only needed a small, handy measuring tape and came across this in one of those 'Amazon customers also bought this when looking at this..' widgets.

Cheap so thought, why not. I put the delivery down as 3-5 days and it showed up virtually the next day. Really impressed with the speed and the tape. Not much you can really expect from the tape but for the price and how quickly it got here, I'm really impressed.

Exo Terra PT2054 Glow Light/ Reflector, Medium, 21 cm
Exo Terra PT2054 Glow Light/ Reflector, Medium, 21 cm
Offered by The Online Reptile Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job it needs too, 1 July 2013
Bought this alongside a new Vivarium. Very good lamp although the fuse blew in the plug socket within the first week but I can't fault the lamp or seller for that, these things just happen.

Magnetic Protective Flip Smart Cover Skin Case Stand for iPad 2 3 4 - Green
Magnetic Protective Flip Smart Cover Skin Case Stand for iPad 2 3 4 - Green
Offered by Time2 Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Never going to be as good as the official Apple product, but good for the price., 1 July 2013
I can't justify the cost of the official apple product, but at the same time, I have no grounds to really complain about this one for the price it is. It's very robust, nice and light, sleek and does the job of protecting the screen well.

The magnet is rather weak and slips of my iPad when folding it back as a stand which is very annoying, but again, for the price of the product, it's very good.

Case for iPad 4 / 3 / 2 - G-HUB GeniusCover BLACK Carbon Fibre Style (Limited Edition) Case Cover Folio for the new iPad 4 as well as 2nd & 3rd generation iPad, with integrated Flip-Stand Function and Magnetic Sleep Sensor. Includes added BONUS: G-HUB ProPen Stylus
Offered by OGADGETHUB

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome case, super fast delivery!, 12 April 2013
Case was exactly as described. Infact, when it arrived I noticed it came with a screen protector. Although when I look now I can see it in the picture, I didn't see it listed so I thought it was awesome I got more than I thought I was originally purchasing. Arrived much much much sooner than listed. I've already recommended to others I know looking for iPad cases to search here :)

Turtle Beach Wireless Headset Ear Force X41 (Xbox 360)
Turtle Beach Wireless Headset Ear Force X41 (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Turtle Beach x41, 28 April 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Keeping this as honest as possible, You need to realise that this product is a luxury not a necessity.

The quality of the sound if totally faultless. The demo video really does mean it when they say you get "Crystal clear highs"

For anyone buying this product for a game like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. There are a few things you need to be aware of before buying this product. If you're after the edge of being to hear your enemy coming way in advance, Then you need to be aware that alot of what you expect to hear will be covered up by other game sounds such as music, explosions and gun shots. You also hear your own teams movements causing confusion. This occurs throughout the whole Turtle Beach range. So don't just rush straight for the top of the range headset thinking it'll be a bigger advantage because it shares the same downfall as the rest of the range.

Overall this is a truly magnificent headset. For a headset to do all this can do is amazing. Perfect hues perfect quality and really comfortable.

Page: 1 | 2